Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Just received ni200 wire, and OPs advice is working well for me. Too new for long term observations but here is what I'm doing.

Wire: ni200, 28ga
Coil: 3.5mm dia, 12 wraps, contact coil made w/Koil tool
Wick: CC Rayon
Atomizer: Magma w/ POM drip tip
Temp: 460
Power: 9.0w

Coil and wicks look amazingly clean so far.
You might want to avoid contact coils. They tend to be finicky, shorts between the wraps and so forth, so it's better to use spaced coils.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
You might want to avoid contact coils. They tend to be finicky, shorts between the wraps and so forth, so it's better to use spaced coils.

That is also what I had heard. However, I am seeing zero issues. Difference may be with Koil tool as coil appeared near perfect on both spacing and tension. While ni200 is certainly softer, I've surprisingly had zero issue with coiling, wicking, or vaping with contact coils. I'm a happy camper.

My guess is the contact coils issue lays with hand-twisted coil where there may be more variation to spacing, tension, etc. Or maybe I just got lucky :)

Unior

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2015
Tennessee
So I am new to temp. control & trying to figure it all out. Mainly trying to figure out how to set watts & temp. I have so far determined I like the vape set at about 450. My question is based on this... where & why should I set my watts? For example, let's say I set my mod at 13w and then let's say I set it at 20w. Temp. still at 450. Is the main noticeable difference is that at 13w it will take a longer period of time to reach 450 mark? Also, right now I am using a coil that reads .11ohm at room temp. Does this affect what watts I should use? For example, would I want to use a different watt setting for a .11ohm coil vs a .15ohm coil? All other things being equal. If so why? If there is already a good explanation for this please reference it for me. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread