Best single coil tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamHead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Tampa, FL, USA
Wondering this as well... the wifey's running an Aqua v2 in single coil mode, but it's been a bit leaky. Mine in dual coil mode never leaks, so I've been thinking a Lemo. Lemo V2 is out as well, but I've been reading of others with leak issues. Maybe a Lemo Drop? Kayfun V4 clone? IDK... whatever I get, leakiness is a priority. She feaks out at the slightest drop of e-juice, lol.

Reactions: AntC

mc8

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Slovenia
Wondering this as well... the wifey's running an Aqua v2 in single coil mode, but it's been a bit leaky. Mine in dual coil mode never leaks, so I've been thinking a Lemo. Lemo V2 is out as well, but I've been reading of others with leak issues. Maybe a Lemo Drop? Kayfun V4 clone? IDK... whatever I get, leakiness is a priority. She feaks out at the slightest drop of e-juice, lol.
lemo 2 works great for me - no leaking at all

Amccone

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2014
Redding, CA, USA
I just got my Lemo 2 yesterday. LOVED it from the first draw. Great flavor and cloud. I'm new to this kind of tank so I have nothing to compare with, but I think I started out with a winner. Apparently if you don't lay it down when you fill it with the air intake closed, it will leak. I hate leaking, so I made sure to fill it as instructed. Worked perfectly no leaking. Also doubles as a dripper.

dmwalker24

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Little Elm, TX
For a long time I would have said Kayfun but now the Lemo2 has changed that. Setting aside the fact that the Kayfun v4 is a beautiful thing to look at, it is a spectacularly over-engineered and ultimately flawed design. Don't get me wrong I got a great vaping experience on mine before the problems started, and it killed me to have to go looking for an alternative. Having said that, the Lemo2 has been excellent so far. Ok so I don't get access to the deck while there's juice in the tank, but as quick as it goes through juice, I don't have to wait long. Top fill works just fine as long as you remember to close the airflow (a habbit I'm working on). Flavor and vapor are excellent.

To the point about dual coil tanks... I've got a goblin atm and the word I'd use to describe the vape is 'intense'. Flavor, throat hit... intense. I've found few things wreck a cigarette craving like a few pulls on the 0.4ohm Goblin filled with some 18mg juice, but it's a bit more intense than I really like given how much I tend to chain vape. Single coil tanks are just a more mellow experience, and the choice comes down to personal preference. Anyone considering the Lemo could do a lot worse. I'm sure there are those who have KayfunV4's and have never had an issue, but imho it's solving a problem by way of creating quite a few more failure points. With the exception of the o-rings (which work fine as long as you keep an eye on them) the Lemo2 is a far simpler design that does the job extremely well.

SteamHead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Tampa, FL, USA
After skimming through the Lemo 2 thread a bit, I went ahead and ordered one for $30 from VapeNW, along with a pink istick 30w. She vapes at .8 ohms on a mech (~18w?), so a dual coil is kinda pointless for that. Easier for me as well, since I do all her rebuilding :thumbs:

Overall, should be a nice upgrade for her. Lighter weight, less leaking, easier filling, adjustable power, yadda yadda...

Last edited:
Reactions: Redbellie

AntC

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2014
United States
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. It's a lil overwhelming with do many products I always feel I may be missing something "better". Looks like either Lemo2 or Subtank Mini and they're so close I can tell I'll end up with both lol. Most likely the Subtank first. I do get lazy sometimes or in a jam, and it'd be nice to have a couple brand new coil heads ready to go if needed. Seems to be a pretty versatile tank.

mc8

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Slovenia
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. It's a lil overwhelming with do many products I always feel I may be missing something "better". Looks like either Lemo2 or Subtank Mini and they're so close I can tell I'll end up with both lol. Most likely the Subtank first. I do get lazy sometimes or in a jam, and it'd be nice to have a couple brand new coil heads ready to go if needed. Seems to be a pretty versatile tank.
If you can wait for few weeks, there is a new subtank coming out, with supposedly better rba. So if you plan to get both, get the lemo first ;)

RAWRferal

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
London
For a long time I would have said Kayfun but now the Lemo2 has changed that. Setting aside the fact that the Kayfun v4 is a beautiful thing to look at, it is a spectacularly over-engineered and ultimately flawed design. Don't get me wrong I got a great vaping experience on mine before the problems started, and it killed me to have to go looking for an alternative. Having said that, the Lemo2 has been excellent so far. Ok so I don't get access to the deck while there's juice in the tank, but as quick as it goes through juice, I don't have to wait long. Top fill works just fine as long as you remember to close the airflow (a habbit I'm working on). Flavor and vapor are excellent.

To the point about dual coil tanks... I've got a goblin atm and the word I'd use to describe the vape is 'intense'. Flavor, throat hit... intense. I've found few things wreck a cigarette craving like a few pulls on the 0.4ohm Goblin filled with some 18mg juice, but it's a bit more intense than I really like given how much I tend to chain vape. Single coil tanks are just a more mellow experience, and the choice comes down to personal preference. Anyone considering the Lemo could do a lot worse. I'm sure there are those who have KayfunV4's and have never had an issue, but imho it's solving a problem by way of creating quite a few more failure points. With the exception of the o-rings (which work fine as long as you keep an eye on them) the Lemo2 is a far simpler design that does the job extremely well.
18mg in a Goblin! Holy mother of god I'd hit the deck [emoji13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread