Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Hey gang, just dropping in quick with a idea that might help some of you. I recently replaced a broken screen in my granddaughter's ipod, in the repair kit from Amazon there was some double sided 3M Adhesive Tape which hold the screen on the ipod. This stuff is incredibly thin and strong and would be very handy for holding screens and parts while modding. Here's an example, you may find it even cheaper with some searching Amazon.com: Adhesive Full for Apple iPod Touch 4th Gen: Cell Phones & Accessories

I've been very busy getting projects done around the house, I haven't had time to work on getting the dna 40 board in my ZNA yet and by the looks of the honey-do list it's going to be some time before I do. I am lurking when I have time, enjoying the projects I have seen (Trucker :)) and as soon as I do have some time I'll get some pics posted of the ZNA project as I go. Still have the clone Hanna with the fried large screen board setting on my bench, haven't done a thing with that yet either. :facepalm:

Kaana

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2015
Bosphorus
Hey peeps, thank you for the suggestions, appreciated.

We have a local company in here making hammond style boxes. And I have plenty of metal,wood,delrin sheets at my man cave. I'm a lecturer & artist from faculty of fine arts and making sculptures sometimes (not metal).

So my problem is I cant stand imperfections and that dang metals or wood dont get cut decent when using dremel. whatever I think it all comes down to the cutting that little window lol thats why Im trying to source that bezel =)

Last edited:

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
My buddy in Poland built these for me with DNAs from my Co-op.

DSCN1115_zps0u95vhzn.jpg

DSCN1107_zps6tipqqo2.jpg

DSCN1109_zpsdcoc5wen.jpg

DSCN1111_zpssjexkhlk.jpg

DSCN1114_zpsn9dkfrvw.jpg

DSCN1104_zpscqhqfizk.jpg

DSCN1105_zpsp9lk2arr.jpg

DSCN1106_zpsnk9owyvz.jpg

TruckerMSA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2014
Elizabethtown, Kentucky, United States
I dunno. The trend seems to be micro sized mods. I like something I can hold on to and I have big hands. The iStick is kind of small to me, the Invader Mini is a good fit though and the VTR size is still my favorite.

I agree, this is a project that I said "hmmm, I wonder if I can make a mod out of that" it will be my grab n go stealth mod [emoji12]

Sent from The Truck O Shop

foggdawg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hey Mike looks like mine isn't sensing temperature.And no temp protect. I can go into temp mode to adjust, but when i do the 5 clicks to start vaping, the display just shows volts and ohms. and I tried the temp test add it burned the cotton. I have a dna40 from your last coop and it works fine.

Last edited:

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
So my problem is I cant stand imperfections and that dang metals or wood dont get cut decent when using dremel. whatever I think it all comes down to the cutting that little window lol thats why Im trying to source that bezel =)

The key to a perfect cut with a dremel is to cut from the inside, a few mm in from the final line, then finish from the outside with a file.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
I agree, this is a project that I said "hmmm, I wonder if I can make a mod out of that" it will be my grab n go stealth mod [emoji12]

Sent from The Truck O Shop

Looking fun. If you are ever hauling a load through the Roanoke Virginia area...give a shout, I bet Mike and I could meet up!

Kaana

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2015
Bosphorus
The key to a perfect cut with a dremel is to cut from the inside, a few mm in from the final line, then finish from the outside with a file.

good morning cartel =)

thanks for the tip, next time I will be more careful

A friend of mine telling me that he can cut plexyglass with laser, should be a weak laser cause he cant cut metals. I'm drawing some vectors too so will see how good it can be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread