Status
Not open for further replies.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Instead of buying new factory coils, rebuild the ones you already have. You can easily use 3-4 times the size of wicking the factory does and usually do at least as good of a job actually winding the coil. Your rebuilts can make a lot more vapor than the stock factory coils. Now with more wicking comes more juice flow but also more vapor and better flavor.

fasttech has 3 strand Silica prewound coils for pennies each. It takes only a couple minutes to install one in a coil base.

Plus you might consider something like an iS 30, IMO the power is more stable with the bigger
battery, with the 650ish stick batteries I think the power starts to drop off much quicker. Only a little decrease at low voltages can still be noticeable in vape reduction.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Last edited:
Reactions: mauricem00

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
Instead of buying new factory coils, rebuild the ones you already have. You can easily use 3-4 times the size of wicking the factory does and usually do at least as good of a job actually winding the coil. Your rebuilts can make a lot more vapor than the stock factory coils. Now with more wicking comes more juice flow but also more vapor and better flavor.

Fasttech has 3 strand Silica prewound coils for pennies each. It takes only a couple minutes to install one in a coil base.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
I agree with you completely. I use these FT coils to rebuild my BCCs and get better airflow and vapor production than with factory coils and they last longer. for RTAs and RBAs a hand wound coil and cotton wick is still the way to go but with the small BCC coils these work great

Reactions: OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Maurice, I know it'll sound crazy, but you also might consider rewinding your own and wicking them with cotton. This way
you keep the same coil for awhile, just dry burn and rewick every few tanks. It's about the same work as installing a Fasttech
premade, probably faster really, and you end up with fresh, high quality wicking more often.

Robert suggested it to me and at first I resisted, turning my own coils on Silica, but it's hard to argue with rewicking it with cotton.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: mauricem00

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
Maurice, I know it'll sound crazy, but you also might consider rewinding your own and wicking them with cotton. This way
you keep the same coil for awhile, just dry burn and rewick every few tanks. It's about the same work as installing a Fasttech
premade, probably faster really, and you end up with fresh, high quality wicking more often.

Robert suggested it to me and at first I resisted, turning my own coils on Silica, but it's hard to argue with rewicking it with cotton.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
I do rewind coils on my RTAs but the BCCs are used for travel or when they may be damaged and rewound coils do work better in them but sometimes I get lazy and premade are just easier. guess I just see the BCCs as cheap disposable that I don't have to worry about damaging when im hiking or riding my bike and do not want to invest a lot of time or effort into a 2 dollars tank.and on these small BCCs I have less problems with flooding when I use silica wicks.but I use a thin high PG juice.being thicker a high VG juice may work differently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread