13 Weeks and Counting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,
Technically this is my second time on this forum with much more reading to do and abbreviations to learn. Back in 2010 I attempted the switch to vaping from 1-1.5 PAD for 30+ years to a then advised 24mg nic and was sick for two days (I'm little at 100lbs). I attempted 18mg two weeks later and same thing. Thirteen weeks ago I knew I was done with analogs, swallowed the fear, bought an Ego Setup,12 mg nic and switched... Worst 6 weeks of my life. This week has been hard, yet I have no desire to resume with the analogs. The Ego C-Twist and Kangertech Evod are not cutting it for me though and the battery life is horrid (I have 4). I need a little help. I chain vaped a friend's mod awhile back with 0mg nic and was surprisingly fine for hours, but with my current setup I feel like I'm in die mode trying to get a throat hit. Think fish out of water and that's me. I don't want something big, but I would love to have a battery that lasts a little while and just relax. I tried the Clouper Mini 30w with a Kanger Sub Mini tank and it was like night and day. My other choice was the Ego One. Or both. :D Any expert vapers out there who could help me out... I'd appreciate it! I apologize for the lengthy introduction. Thanks.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I use the Kanger Subtank Mini with the 1.2 ohm OCC coil heads and love it. You can buy extra 1.2 and .5 ohm coils if you don't desire to go into coil building. I power my subtank with the iStick 50W which has a really long lasting battery (4400 mah). The iStick 30W (2400 mah) is popular due to it's small size and ease of use. Higher PG e juice contributes to throat hit, as well as nicotine.

The rule of thumb is the better the equipment the better the delivery system and more e juice consumed, thus more nicotine absorbed. Most people largely decrease their nicotine when moving to sub ohm tanks.

If you're looking to replace batteries in a mad I'd suggest giving the ipv mini 2 70W a look. If you do go this route (with any mod) I'd highly recommend a separate quality battery charger and the proper batteries.

Good luck in your journey.

Thanks Sir2fyablyNutz for the reply. I will research your recommendations. The photos of the blown up models have me a bit tentative about buying anything and I'm super vigilante about taking care of my batteries (yes to replacing batteries and proper charger). There are so many models to choose from it makes my mind spin. If I can I'll start with extra coil heads and build after getting comfortable.

I'm using 60pg/40vg for the nic juices I like, which tend to give me a faux throat hit so I'm not sitting around thinking, "That's it?" After trying the two different units with no nic, 6mg nic and about 3mg nic I was blown away by the difference I'm getting now. The 6mg made me lightheaded so the quality of the device seems to most definitely make a difference and a happier me. Thanks again for your help.

kr8mods

May 12, 2015
Thanks kr8mods, I'm going to go down to my local vape shop and see if I can check out a few recommendations out in person. I tested the Clouper Mini and something else last time I was there so I wanted to get some more *experienced knowledge before testing again and ordering online.

I completely agree. I trust ipv i have the 3 and anxiously Awaiting the arrival of the 4 lol also the mini 2 lol

I apologize kr8mods I thought I had responded, but apparently did not do so. Without boring you with the details, life has been a bit diabolical. Anyhow, the good news is after picking up my first analog at 10 and putting the last one down at 40, I hit my 17 week analog quit mark on Tuesday. :) I did not want to switch anything else with everything being a bit hectic. The Ego is still in use, but not for much longer... It's going to be the iStick 30 watt (if I can get my hands on the ipv to try then I might add it to my list). Thank you again for your help!

Reactions: Tony16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread