Aspire nautilus mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, the reason for the Ohm reading discrepancy is that the device (any device) is reading the total resistance of contact+bottom coil assembly+coil, not just the coil on its own. This is why you usually get a slightly higher reading than the nominal coil resistance. Additionally, the Ohms of the coil will tend to increase with use and also vary slightly with the consistency of the e-liquid used.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Thank you for that Ricky is just I had aspire k1 be4 and that use to say 1.9ohz when I had 1.8ohz coils I was going to get 1.6ohz coils but I need to find out if I can get like 12-14w out of them ones lol

There is a theory that higher ohm coils are larger so have larger contact area with the wicking material and therefore are able to vaporize more juice. (the subohm high power race seems to counter this)

I've heard that the 1.8ohm coils are rated to 6v which equates to ~20W. The 1.6ohm coils are rated to 5V which equates to ~15W.

While I've heard some say that 13W is the 'sweet spot' for nautilus tanks personally I run my 1.8's between 6-10W as much more than that I get way more 'cloud' than I need or can use.

The resistance seems to go up when the coil is getting gunked up. I soak them in super heated water after every other refill.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread