Status
Not open for further replies.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
you mean the nickel coils?

HCigar HB DNA 40 (Authentic EVOLV)

the hcigar dna 40 is the cheapest one I seen, there might be something else that poppuped up recently that is cheaper, but that one was the most affordable I've seen. less than 100$ for an authentic dna40 is a good deal. anything cheaper I think would just be some chinese knockoffs of the dna board.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
Doesn't exist as far as I'm aware. I haven't seen a DNA40 mod for less than about $180. I asked a [reasonable] guy what the commissioned price of a custom DNA40 in a Hammond box would be and he said no less than $200.

customed hammond boxes are quite expensive, even just unregulated custom mechs go for like 100$+, because they are not mass produced in factory and are hand built im guessing.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
customed hammond boxes are quite expensive, even just unregulated custom mechs go for like 100$+, because they are not mass produced in factory and are hand built im guessing.

I mean the parts aren't cheap. A coated Hammond box runs about 30 bucks, the DNA40 chip costs about $60 (that's the bulk rate, from what I can tell). Then you've got the button, the 510 connection, the battery sled.. Realistically I couldn't imagine pricing one out myself that'd run less than 100$ -- although I'd love to be proven wrong.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
I mean the parts aren't cheap. A coated Hammond box runs about 30 bucks, the DNA40 chip costs about $60 (that's the bulk rate, from what I can tell). Then you've got the button, the 510 connection, the battery sled.. Realistically I couldn't imagine pricing one out myself that'd run less than 100$ -- although I'd love to be proven wrong.

well for the dna40, i posted one up above thats less than 100$. for the hammond box, most are custom handmade and u gotta factor in labor because they aren't really mass produced on a factory line, usually its just a couple people or one person, not to mention alot of the parts are also purchased from other vendors trying to make a profit on the product they are selling as well (whether it be 510 connection, button, battery sled etc), so it adds up. Got a quote for a custom made parallel unregulated mosfet hammond box mod recently, and it was 130$ unpainted.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA

FWIW DNA40's are around $36-38 bulk rate (plus charger obv), or have been around that in previous the ECF coops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread