Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I hear you on the little bitty screws, RB! Hate 'em! By contrast, the posts with the slots in them are soooo much easier - slide the wire through and done. Wish all attys were that configuration.

When you've got your coil on the coil rod, and you're trying to position it over the air hole, and wrap the coil end to the itty bitty posts, hold all things in place and screw it down, is tough. At least for me it's tough.......

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
When you've got your coil on the coil rod, and you're trying to position it over the air hole, and wrap the coil end to the itty bitty posts, hold all things in place and screw it down, is tough. At least for me it's tough.......
A third hand would help.

Reactions: AstroTurf

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
A third hand would help.

Indeed! I'd settle for more competent fingers though......It would be funny if someone took a video of me making and seating a coil. They'd hear words they didn't think Sir Rod knew, or ever muttered in frustration. Oh yes they would! LOL

But then you get it right. And you prime the wick. And you put her all back together and fill the tank and let her soak up some juice. And then you take a vape and all the pain melts away because it's just so darn tootin' good!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Indeed! I'd settle for more competent fingers though......It would be funny if someone took a video of me making and seating a coil. They'd hear words they didn't think Sir Rod knew, or ever muttered in frustration. Oh yes they would! LOL

But then you get it right. And you prime the wick. And you put her all back together and fill the tank and let her soak up some juice. And then you take a vape and all the pain melts away because it's just so darn tootin' good!
Hitching up your coil to the posts is the hardest part of rebuilding. Some days I do it with no trouble, other days I'm all thumbs. I place the deck into the top cap for a stand and then position it next to my laptop. I lay the coil across the deck and let the mandrel rest on my laptop. Seems to help.

Reactions: Hemptation

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I do my coil building with the deck attached to the ohm reader. It's stable and keeps things in place. It's more my fingers that get in the way. I don't even know what a mandrel is?
What the coil is wrapped around. In my case a microdriver (jeweler's screwdriver).

Reactions: Hemptation

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Psst - Vape360! Sorry I keep bugging you, but if you could figure out a way to make a Zenkote-ish metallic dark purple I would buy any/all models you come up with.

provari_purple.jpg

See? I promise!!!!

lobster_mania.jpg

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
OH......I bought a coil building thingy, so my coil is wrapped around that as I fidget getting it on the posts correctly.

I use a Coil-Master coiling jig. Makes it super easy to make the perfect coil.

c69aed347058ef83c30e61dba075eaf1.jpg

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Reactions: jwbnyc

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
This is what I use...2mm microdriver. A set of six microdrivers can be got for about $5 at HD or Lowes. Various diameters.

No doubt that works for you quite well. I do like this round coil-builder-ma-thingy you just screw down et voila, instant perfect coil. Kind of cool. And I may just pick one up. I see many of them via Amazon.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!

Just like giving birth!!!

Reactions: Bronze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread