Status
Not open for further replies.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Good morning Voltians.

Well, I feel a lot better today and that is a good thing since I have two cleaning jobs:)

Hubby got the dishwasher running and it only cost $55 for the parts. I'm very happy.

We got the rest of the shade cover assembled and the rafters up. Next weekend...metal roofing and done.

I've decided I hate doing home improvement with Hubby. Not the first time I have decided that but we are stuck working together so I always try to be optimistic when we go into a project.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
moanin', Voltamaniacs.

Glad your dishwasher is running again, Lizzy.

I did take the weed wacker for a long walk yesterday, first with the brush head, then with the string head, but it was really hot out there and the sun made it feel hotter still. After that I started cleaning out leaves from a "stand" of lilacs along the fence line near the garden. I'll finish that today and do some other "leaves stuck in bad spot" stuff and weeding as well. If there's time I want to get back to the topsoil production as well. It's warm out, mid 70's already, but cloudy and we may get so thunderstorms later in the afternoon.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Our rain is over, awsum, but we got a lot for our area. Several days last week it rained and rained. It was wonderfully rainy on Saturday but I didn't get to enjoy it much since I was sick.

I won't get much done in the yard today and tomorrow I need to go to Costco. Friday, I will have my helper in the afternoon so I am hoping to get the Northeast Watering Zone straightened out.

I need to clean out under the sink and get my stuff back under there now that the dishwasher is working. That will take care of one of the messes in my house.

We are going into the eighties this week. That is going to feel hot!

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Good morning Voltians.

Well, I feel a lot better today and that is a good thing since I have two cleaning jobs:)

Hubby got the dishwasher running and it only cost $55 for the parts. I'm very happy.

We got the rest of the shade cover assembled and the rafters up. Next weekend...metal roofing and done.

I've decided I hate doing home improvement with Hubby. Not the first time I have decided that but we are stuck working together so I always try to be optimistic when we go into a project.
Did you get your parts from this place, Lizzie? Appliance Parts Pros.com Discount Appliance Parts – Since 1999
They're awesome. Good customer service/prices/stock, cheap shipping, lots of how tos, ...for future reference, if you didn't. ;)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
moanin', Voltatics.

The heat did me in yesterday. I was only out there for about an hour and a half and wilted, big time. No top soil got made, but at least the cleanup details have finally been completed. I've been busy this morning, second load in the washer, chicken cooked for Bo, stove cleaned. Now it's time for breakfast.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
The heat did me in yesterday. I was only out there for about an hour and a half and wilted, big time.

Be careful there awsum - that heat is something you have to definitely respect and watch out for - I have seen many a people pass out because they pushed themselves to far.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Good morning, Voltpeeps.

I got my jobs done yesterday and actually didn't feel too bad. I'm kind of resting up today. I'm going to Carson City to get hay, drop off some dead batteries, do some banking and get groceries.

The sparrows are cheeping, the orioles are chattering and the hummers are buzzing:) All the windows and doors are wide open to cool off the house.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
I knew it was going to be a short day when I had to come back inside to get a "schmata" to wipe my face. I was wearing a sweatband and that didn't catch all the sweat!

I am careful and drink a lot of water and Gatorade if I'm out in the heat for a while. I used to work outside all day, every day, so I'm pretty good at making sure I'm safe.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Put in an eight-hour day yesterday stuffing animals. More to do today, but will run out of fiberfill soon. Took the evening off to read.

Good golly, that's a lot of stuffing!!!! Pics????

That reminds me, I have a few pics I need to get into the computer from four wheeling.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I have a few pics I need to get into the computer from four wheeling.

That is one thing I have never gotten to try - besides my lawn mower and I do not think that it counts (LOL)... Done lots of motorcycle riding, and even have hit the desert on dirt bikes, but never a four wheeler.

Note to self - Gotta try that at least once...

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
That is one thing I have never gotten to try - besides my lawn mower and I do not think that it counts (LOL)... Done lots of motorcycle riding, and even have hit the desert on dirt bikes, but never a four wheeler.

Note to self - Gotta try that at least once...

Come on out and we will get you behind the wheel of an old school short bed Chevy.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
She might, Jer:)

Hubby is going to send me to the twelve step program for gardeners.

I got a papyrus and some giant leaved floaty plants for the back pond and a monk flower for the front pond.

I also got some penstemmons, petunias, lobelias, guardias and calanchoes. I thought, "Hey, a new more shady patio needs a couple of giant pots of flowers to make it really look awesome."

I did okay at Costco but Hubby wanted spare ribs so I had to mortgage the house:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread