Eleaf Lemo II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieKim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
venice florida
This has probably been said here before but I think it's totally insane that kayfun added all those parts just to simplify filling. They still leak a bit after you finish filling anyway.

I should be getting my Lemo 2 tomorrow. I've been working my way down on nicotine ( I'm down to 1.5) and I use 100 VG juice, so I really put a tank through its paces to get any flavor/throat hit at all.

It sounds like the Lemo 2 will do well if I get the wicking just right. My current favorite is the original 25mm Kanger Subtank. After I got the insulator issue worked out and made a few tweaks on it it performs the best, IMHO

ErnieKim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
venice florida
Well...I certainly do love my Lemo 2.
Still doing some tinkering to get it just like I want it but I'm getting closer.
Though I have only 3 builds under my belt now...I'm getting closer.
I am using this build now...24 GA K. at .6 ohm, cotton wicking..hope to cure the warmer vape and very quick battery drain on this one.

300796-be0d81679de9e0908b758d537eb3e5f1.jpg
300794-1ec0f9f4b9dce3365a77bd320bda64cd.jpg

RB, you still trim this cotton at an angle of 7:00 to 1:00 don't you?

Reactions: Redbellie

Grendel6.5

Moved On
Apr 25, 2015
This has probably been said here before but I think it's totally insane that Kayfun added all those parts just to simplify filling. They still leak a bit after you finish filling anyway.

I should be getting my Lemo 2 tomorrow. I've been working my way down on nicotine ( I'm down to 1.5) and I use 100 VG juice, so I really put a tank through its paces to get any flavor/throat hit at all.

It sounds like the Lemo 2 will do well if I get the wicking just right. My current favorite is the original 25mm Kanger Subtank. After I got the insulator issue worked out and made a few tweaks on it it performs the best, IMHO
I have both. The lemo 2 for me is trouble free(as is the k4). I find myself using my lemo 2 more because of the airflow. I have the lemo 1 as well and the lemo 2 is much less finicky as far as wicking and leaks. My lemo 2 hasnt leaked in the 3 weeks ive been using it and I lay it on its side often. I think you will be happy with yours.

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
RB, you still trim this cotton at an angle of 7:00 to 1:00 don't you?

Pretty much....this set up posted here seems to work great...no dry hits..no leaks...good flavor...

I am in need of a different mod though as the HANA clone will not work well below .6 ohms...and I'd like to get to the .5~.4 range...so till I get a mod that will handle those ohms I'll use it like it is...

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
What Guage kanthal should be used for the coils? Trying to keep it around .7 ohms. I have 28g 30g and 32g. Thanks!
For .7 ohm that would only be about 4 wraps of 28 gauge. Your best bet (without buying 26 gauge) would be to take a 2 foot length of 28 gauge fold it in half and twist it to a point just before it kinks. The resistance is very close to 26 gauge and 6 or 7 wraps on a 2.5 mm drill bit should get you close to .7 ohms.

ktazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
brooklyn ny
Depends. They work better with larger diameter coils like 2.5-3mm+. In order to make a .7 ohm 3mm dia. coil I would use 24 ga.
Thanks! I'll try it out, if not I'll buy some 24 and 26ga wires. First time using a rta, but did rebuild lots of kanger t3 regular and vertical coils (hence the thinner stock of kanthals).

Is the koh gen do still the preferred cotton to use? Been using the supplied cotton that came with the lemo
For .7 ohm that would only be about 4 wraps of 28 gauge. Your best bet (without buying 26 gauge) would be to take a 2 foot length of 28 gauge fold it in half and twist it to a point just before it kinks. The resistance is very close to 26 gauge and 6 or 7 wraps on a 2.5 mm drill bit should get you close to .7 ohms.

Grendel6.5

Moved On
Apr 25, 2015
Thanks! I'll try it out, if not I'll buy some 24 and 26ga wires. First time using a rta, but did rebuild lots of kanger t3 regular and vertical coils (hence the thinner stock of kanthals).

Is the koh gen do still the preferred cotton to use? Been using the supplied cotton that came with the lemo
Its a preference thing. Personally I use cellucotton rayon from sallys beauty supply. Koh Gen Doh is GTG.

Reactions: ktazz

greatimp81

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
Portland, Oregon, United States
So mine just arrived. I have got a coil on there. I just installed a 24ga Nichrome with a very short wick flared out. It seems to be better than the coil that came installed. I looked it over and did not like what I saw. I must say the flavor is wonderful. However I am worried about fill when not at home since I use my tank when out of the house. Still I think my small squeeze bottle will work.

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
However I am worried about fill when not at home since I use my tank when out of the house. Still I think my small squeeze bottle will work.
Don't worry. Mine never leaked a drop. If you wicked it right you can even refill it without closing the AFC.
A regular small bottle is just fine to refill it.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
I just love the way this fills...and not leaking so far..none..not one drop of lost juice due to leaking.
I don't know if I can every use a tank that is not a top fill like the Lemo 2....this one has just spoiled me!!
I love mine and use it every day for thick juice in TC mode for about a month now. Up until a few days ago I had not leaked a drop. Recently I had a couple of tank emptying after doing a top refill and laying it down. Looked away for a few mins and when I grabbed the device I had a handful and an almost empty tank. I think for some reason the glass was not tight enough even though I had used it all day and not changed anything. I tightened it up and refilled and all was ok.

Yesterday I had another tank empty on me after refill and putting it down. After reaching for it and getting a handful again, I realized that I had not closed the fill hole. lol :wub: Sometimes technology lets us down and sometimes it is forgetfulness. But I do love this tank and not bad for the price either.

Reactions: Redbellie

dmwalker24

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Little Elm, TX
So I got my very own Lemo2 about a week ago. Initially I just juiced up the pre-installed coil and was very impressed with the flavor, but honestly 0.5 is a bit rowdy for my personal preferences on this kind of RTA, so I built a very standard 5/64 microcoil 28ga which read about 1.3 ohm. This first build produced great flavor and tons of vapor.

Completely disregarding the ideal of, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", I got the notion to try something different and proceeded to throw a 26ga 3mm coil in there with what I now know was probably nowhere near enough cotton. That resulted in poor wicking and a lot of dry/burned hits. After rewicking it's better, and maybe it's just me but I don't like the longer ramp up time from all the extra metal in this big 26ga coil. Also don't like that it keeps vaping long after I've stopped pressing the button.

Enough with the rambling. I guess what I'm saying is I've had some issues with the Lemo, none of which I believe are due to the product itself. Air flow is great, flavor is spectacular (beats my Kayfuns like redheaded step-children), and I know some wont believe it but vapor on my first microcoil build was getting into the subtank mini region with higher vg juices. Had some reservations about top fill, until I trained myself to always check the airflow control before filling. I have not had any of the o-ring issues reported by others. Even the chimney o-ring is snug and has never come off. The stock driptip is a bit absurd, but I've found it looks and works great on the subtank. All in all this thing is a winner for me. Once I vape this tank down I'm going back to what worked best initially and leaving it alone.

Apathyzero535

Apr 24, 2015
Aurora, IL
The only thing I've noticed with the Lemo 2 is that you've gotta get the vacuum. IMO that's the one thing this tank doesn't forgive well. You can have a bit too much or too little cotton, you can run high VG &/or high power, you can fudge around with what touches the deck or by how much or as someone said earlier, can almost not touch at all... as long as you've got that vacuum right... If anyone has trouble with this tank "wicking issues" try when you fill it, covering the drip tip with your finger before you fill it, then close the fill hole before you move your finger. Open air flow last. Take an unfired hit and I promise you will see air bubbles :)

THIS
I tried this after getting occasional dry hits, sometimes tons of dry hits and farting around with the way the top is screwed down. Haven't had to refill yet once I do I'll post an update. BUT (sorry long winded slightly just excited) thusfar no messing around no dry hits no hiss or popping or crackling, works like a dream boat.

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
USA
Glad it helped Apathy...keep us posted! It can be done mid-tank too, if it stops flowing well open briefly, cover drip tip, close... I can't take the credit, a friend here showed me that trick. Lol. Oh and speaking of tricks, hey ErnieKim your tricks did work on the Subtank Mini months ago... I replaced my mini rba deck with the then-new one that had juice channels all the way down, filed out the holes on the chimney a bit bigger, and voila... Idr if I ever said thanks, but trust me it's appreciated! That's still my backup tank. You're awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread