• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
For those of you that like 18mg nic, here something I picked up on UKV 20% off:
If it's something that's used anyway, it could always be mixed with a low mg one to get a cheaper bigger 'bottle' :)
I have a number of 18mg Nicotcket ones because they have too much PG in them and I mix them with zero mg VG ones.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Oh I don't think he'd mend them as such ..more like 'reassign' them ;)

You know me too well Trisha :laugh:

I was pretty good with a 35mm camera, but not with the heavier Canon ...got that on a Manfrotto tripod with a remote shutter button. Apart from needing decent images of completed work, I photograph set-ups using all sorts of props. To get the right lighting/shadows, I often wait until the light just starts to fade and then do 25-30 second exposures ...I stand by the tripod very still! :laugh:
I've not used a 35mm for a while now. Last one I used I borrowed it from my Mum, took me ages to suss out how to use it - too many possible adjustments on it. I do like playing with gadgets, but I forgot to pick up the manual when I borrowed the camera :lol:

Don't like doctors! ...I'll post it! :lol:
:lol::lol:

You need a garden like ours: lawn, roses, shrubs & trees - all you need is a mower (unless you have someone who comes and does it for you), some strong secateurs, and perhaps a spade/fork.
Then install a nice bench and comfortable chair in the shed - electricity if you can do that, and you're good to go :thumb:

Our garden is quite small really, but at the moment it's looking superb. It's taken us (our should I say the Wife) about 14 years to get it just right plant wise. I've got power going to the shed already - first job I did in the garden was run some armoured cable in a trench down to the bottom end. That was before I even thought about a shed :lol:

Think I've got enough to build a few mods now. I've various cheap chips to practice on, a few 510's with more on the way, about half dozen fire buttons, 50 small buttons,fuse, and resistors and a couple of sleds. The main thins I'm watching for okr-t10, potentiometers, Mosfets and then it's building boxes the boxes when I'm finished altering my workbench to do small gauge stuff. And all the comes between hospitals,doctors and physios and the gym. It's all busy busy busy and getting there slowly.

I picked up an OKR from modmaker, their probably cheaper elsewhere, but I've not had chance to search for them yet :

Murata OKR-T/10-W12-C

Potentiometers, I went with the Vishay P16 from RSonline. Again not the cheapest, but I wanted a proper control knob, rather than a small trimpot style :

P16NP221MAB15 | Vishay Potentiometer With Knob P16 Series 220Ω ±20% 1W ±150ppm/°C, Linear, Panel Mount | Vishay

RS also do the Mosfets in a twin pack. I've bought a few of them :

IRLB3034PBF | International Rectifier IRLB3034PBF N-channel MOSFET Transistor, 343 A, 40 V, 3-Pin TO-220AB | International Rectifier

I've found HobbyKing is pretty cheap for wire and epoxy too. Also FT has the buck convertors for a couple of dollars a piece.

For those of you that like 18mg nic, here something I picked up on UKV 20% off:

That's all I ever vape Bob. No wussy 3mg stuff for me :lol:

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I got some vapemail today too.

Some "liquid electrical tape" - gets painted on the soldered contacts in my box builds, to stop corrosion and also helps to insulate. It's used mainly for marine purposes, but I've seen a few modders use it to. Will come in handy for when I do a home made squonker, bit of extra security.

Plus my sx350 chips and other bits and pieces arrived from modmaker. Only problem is, he sent me a 26650 battery sled, when I ordered a dual 18350 battery sled. Bit of a size difference there :laugh: Just waiting for him to get back to me about it.

Bob, let me have a think about that Minotaur mate, I'm thinking if I might be able to stick a chip in it. Just remind me, which wood you got - I've only seen the lighter coloured one. There's more than one shade isn't there ??

Reactions: Bobw1951

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Bob, let me have a think about that Minotaur mate, I'm thinking if I might be able to stick a chip in it. Just remind me, which wood you got - I've only seen the lighter coloured one. There's more than one shade isn't there ??

Looks sort of Walnut shade but the door is lighter, here's some better pics from the guy that sold it to me:

9b225808d5fcc4d5d2f6f4fa5beaca3b.jpg 3234c12e491f64158bc74ed576c7f94f.jpg bfae99ea5a882ab5b075ba007dbb276f.jpg

Reactions: trouble1000

Davantrac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Darlington, UK.
I've found HobbyKing is pretty cheap for wire and epoxy too. Also FT has the buck convertors for a couple of dollars a piece.
Will look into them buck converters, cheers. All the wiring diagrams I've seen so far of different mods haven't used them. So I'll have to read up some more to learn about them.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Looks sort of Walnut shade but the door is lighter, here's some better pics from the guy that sold it to me:

View attachment 459761 View attachment 459762 View attachment 459763

Well as you're throwing in the atty too, it would be rude not :laugh:

If you can get a price for postage and PM me the info, I'll take it off your hands mate. I'm not bothered if you want to send it basic 2nd class or recorded delivery, whichever way you're most comfortable with. If Paypal is ok, I can sort out the payment that way.

I'll have to check back tomorrow now, need to get some sleep, back on an early again tomorrow. Night all :)

Reactions: Bobw1951

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Reactions: Davantrac

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
You know me too well Trisha :laugh:
You sort of get a feel for these things :rolleyes: :D

I've not used a 35mm for a while now. Last one I used I borrowed it from my Mum, took me ages to suss out how to use it - too many possible adjustments on it. I do like playing with gadgets, but I forgot to pick up the manual when I borrowed the camera :lol:
It was our eldest sons ..he showed me how to use it, so no problems. Doubt I'd remember how to now though.

They make me ill ...seriously! :laugh:

Our garden is quite small really, but at the moment it's looking superb. It's taken us (our should I say the Wife) about 14 years to get it just right plant wise. I've got power going to the shed already - first job I did in the garden was run some armoured cable in a trench down to the bottom end. That was before I even thought about a shed :lol:
Ours is around 75' wide and 45 deep, so I made a deep side 'bed' with a deeper curve across the corner, and filled it with trees & shrubs because that was the roadside part of the garden. We have an ancient hedge runs right along the bottom of the garden with blackthorn, hawthorn, & two mountain ash trees (one each end). Laurel hedge up the other side and some shrubs, trees and the odd rose in front of the ancient hedge. Two circular beds in the centre section of the lawn have trees such as a quince, a yew, fig and old roses such as Jacques Cartier. some variegated ivy between two windows and some climbing roses between the other two. Most of it just needs trimming & pruning regularly & the grass cut.
We like it fairly natural looking, so don't 'manicure' the shrubs etc.
Nice that you thought ahead for the electric provision!

That's all I ever vape Bob. No wussy 3mg stuff for me :lol:
Think how much longer my nicotine stash will last if things get iffy!

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Gold VF Mini now been re-despatched from Focal - so it looks like it may have got damaged in transit, with a bit of luck should land on Friday, so hopefully may get it either Saturday or Monday.
My Grey one is now at heathrow bob, The Zero which shipped before the VF mini, is still showing to be in Tiajin, or whatever it`s called. :laugh: Tracking still isn`t working for my SMY from Ali`s, shipped on the 20th !

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
My Grey one is now at heathrow bob, The Zero which shipped before the VF mini, is still showing to be in Tiajin, or whatever it`s called. :laugh: Tracking still isn`t working for my SMY from Ali`s, shipped on the 20th !

Tianjin is close to Beijing (Peking) so should be at the Airport soon with a bit of luck.

Got refund today in Paypal for the IPV4 from Gearbest, just waiting for the SMY one to get into Paypal. Just trying to find somewhere that has an IPV4 or SMY TC 50 or 60w (I know FT have them on pre-order but not going through that again).

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
Thanks for the replies about grey haze discounts. Found a 5% one in the end which is better than nothing.

Went searching elsewhere to see how much I could get the mutation x v4 for and innovapours (with a super secret code that I can message you if you'd like) was £25 delivered.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Tianjin is close to Beijing (Peking) so should be at the Airport soon with a bit of luck.

Got refund today in Paypal for the IPV4 from Gearbest, just waiting for the SMY one to get into Paypal. Just trying to find somewhere that has an IPV4 or SMY TC 50 or 60w (I know FT have them on pre-order but not going through that again).
You could get a SMY50 TC from Ali`s Bob, If you don`t mind the tracking being Crap :laugh:

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Looks like myepack has the IPV4 in stock Bob,£59.99.
More than shopping in China,but next day delivery:)

And the SMY50 is now in stock at FT.

Cheers for those, although after ordering (In stock) SMY from FT it now states ETA 30/05 so obviously telling porkies o_O

Reactions: trouble1000
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread