[CLOSED BUSINESS] Bionic Vapor Virtual Home of the Minion Empire (Chit-chat, support)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IML8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oklahoma
Hey boss can we give Angelphyre away? Somebody I'm sure would be surprised to win that.
A Paralegal/research assistant might come in handy if Vapor Tek don't put my Black ipv4 in the mail this week.:grr: For what I paid them, they could run up to The Vapory's B&M in Greenwood, an hour and a half away, and pick one up off the shelf along with a Dark Horse rda and two MXJO batteries for $69.95, ship it to me and still make money. It's really getting ridiculous, at this point.

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
man.. work is starting to get crummy.

one girl got fired for being on facebook all the time.. so they decided to turn everyones monitors so that they face the front. it makes it uncomfortable in all our desks, and feel like we are being punished for something we didnt do. sure we get on websites and goof around a bit.. but are still productive. me and my fellow recruiters job is to be both proactive and reactive. its sort of like fishing though. we put a lot of lines out, and wait for something to bite. its almost impossible to be seriously recruiting all day.
the person who got fired was not a recruiter.. just a straight customer service person.

but now all of us feel like kids that got sent to their rooms.. morale is just awful... i know of at least 3 people that are actively looking for new jobs bc they cant take it anymore. i have to say im considering it as well. the company just is run so seat of the pants that there is rarely to ever any consistency.. things are one way on one day and another the next.. or even that same day.

its taking micromanaging to a new level. i even suggested to the IT guy to just make a list of denied sites on the firewall.. deny the temptation.. but no.. the bosses here LOVE LOVE LOVE surveilance.. like in an unhealthy way... like get excited to spy on people. its creepy. and now the loyal, workers w/ experience here (some of us up to 2 years) feel completely unappreciated by the company.. and it wasn't just this.. but this is like the straw breaking the proverbial camels back.

what i really dont understand is, they KNOW how hard it is to get people in here to work for the rate they offer. they tried! for 4 months. we found 1 person we liked who quit 3 days in saying it was too much for too little pay. and btw.. kinda insulting to find the ad recruiting for the same position offering more $ than you get to start.. w/ no experience. mentioned that to my boss.. she said she would mention it to hers.

so knowing that.. why are they taking actions to risk them losing the few good employees that they have that are willing to do the job?

makes no sense.. until you understand the madness that is this company. the head and the arm do no communicate...

im just in a bad spot.. bc this is the closest job that i could have really.. and i dont want to risk losing it.. but at the same time.. instead of being happy to be at work.. im scheming how to not be here.. dreaming about it.. waking up in the middle of the night saying.. im not going to work..

i mean.. i still come..

but to quote the late great bb king...

the thrill is gone...

Reactions: Seleya

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
Alright, a little bit of a delay yesterday but not to worry, I'm launching the giveaways today. I'll make sure to link them on a thread of their own as well as mentioning it here. There will also be the Facebook giveaway rolling, all having 2 winners of 60MLs. I'll be posting all of it very soon, stand by!

Reactions: Seleya

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA
Sorry to hear that Soulman. You really have to make sure your employees enjoy coming to work, or you will lose them. All there is to it. I've left a few jobs because of bad management. It's like I know my worth and I know how hard I work, so I won't deal with being treated like a small child.

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
so my boss got all pissy.. seriously pissy... and then vanished... which means she went to the other side of the office to complain to her boss. she probably would have fired me on the spot but she has no real authority.. she is office manager in name only... well.. apparently her big bossman didnt want to fire me at least yet.. bc here i am.. my boss tried to be sort of nice at the end of the day..

the thing is.. ive heard her say before.. me and one other guy are the people LEAST likely to complain about something. and that when either me or him complain.. there is a good reason. funny how easy she can dismiss that when it goes against her current position. i can see a point to an extent. goofing off can take away from productivity. but.. its harder to look busy than it is to stay busy.

i ended up asking others to do their jobs for them today so that i didnt have to go home or just look at my computer and blink. i did what would take my co-worker several days to enter.. hes not a good data entry person.. i type 70+ wpm... so it was simple for me. he was so happy.. said he is going to 'take care of me' after payday.. to which i responded.. you owe me nothing. without your work id have nothing to do and get fired. my boss doesnt understand that there are a finite amount of people in any given area that are looking for work and or qualified. that changes somewhat daily/weekly so i keep on top of it.. but shes insists i should just be looking on monster all day... even if its the same resumes... and that its not the same resume. she challenged me and said she would set up 5 people i missed on monster in any of the areas of my choosing. i said it was her choice. choose my 'juciest one'. and that just because she finds them on there and they havent been in for interviews.. it doesnt mean i didnt try to contact them. she sort of shut up after that. she realized that not everyone thats qualified wants to work w/ us.. and how that flaws the statistics.

my only real issue is that its soooo close to my house... but it is quickly appearing that there really isnt room to climb up this tree... and seeing what people w/ comparative or less skills get paid in jobs that are similar.. it really makes me want to see what my options are. so i guess im finally at the point that im actively looking to find something else. which sucks. but this place has changed. it used to be a family here. now they are turning us against each other.. one of the by-products of us turning our monitors out is we cant see each other anymore.. cant talk.. and yes.. you could say that cuts into productivity.. but in reality.. happy workers are productive workers.. angry/unappreciated/demoralized workers tend to pretend to work.. build up a grudge.. and leave the company high and dry.

the person w/ the most seniority here.. is seriously looking. the person w/ the 2nd most seniority is seriously looking... they are the last of the original squad. i am 'the oldest new person' here.. and on one hand.. feel i would be in a good bargaining position after they leave.. but dont feel like i will be able to really maximize it.. bc the bosses are becoming more biased and it reeks of nepotism. the office managers best friend has had the biggest territories (ive mentioned this before) but also doesnt have to turn her monitor all the way around. in addition.. when this person used to watch all sorts of videos on the internet.. loudly.. my boss would send out emails saying.. hey lets not do that.. and then w/ me.. she called me out in front of the entire office for reading a forum page that took up 1/16th of my monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread