Few Simple Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuckerboynton

May 21, 2015
Maine
Hey guys, I just got into the vape game and right now I have a eGo-C Twist with an Aspire K1 tank. Im looking to upgrade a little bit. I was thinking an MVP 2.0 but i'm not sure...It looks like its just a small step up. What do you guys reccomend (MTbakerVapor has it for only $35 Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 Starter Kit - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes I was also wondering about fasttech, are they legit, i know they're from china but I found an IP V2 on there for $53 ($53.34 IP V2 Style 7-50W Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - 1*18650 / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
EDIT: Just found the ip v2 is a fake, damn.
TL;DR - Have ego-c twist, looking to upgrade what do you recommend for $30-50?

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi Tucker. I would recommend the minimum wattage device of 30W. With 30W devices you have room to grow into sub ohm tanks should you desire to go there. When ordering from Fasttech, make certain it says "Authentic" in the product description, or you could end up with a clone ("style"). I would recommend the Nautilus Mini as a tank upgrade from what you now have. The iStick 30W is user friendly and dependable. (I have 2 of the 50W iStick and love them) If you go the route of a mod with replaceable batteries I'd highly suggest a separate quality battery charger and the proper batteries.

I check these links when I shop.
FORUM SUPPLIERS - ECF Forum Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last couple pages)

Good luck in your vape journey.

Reactions: nyiddle

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
On FastTech, anything that says "Style" (ie: "IP V2 Style") generally implies that it's a clone or look-alike to a real device. Personally I don't buy from FastTech just because shipping can take forever. I'd suggest ordering from MBV before FastTech, just because it's within the US and you'll likely receive your products in a much more timely fashion.

That said, the MVP2 is a great choice. It was one of my first mods. But: it's a little bit outdated with the release of the MVP3. I'd suggest getting that instead of the MVP2 just because it'll remove a potential upgrade. You'll like the MVP2, but its capabilities are kind of limited (in terms of what atomizer you can put on top of it). The MVP3 is kind of available to a larger variety of tanks (and even RDA's).

It's your call though, the iStick is also a great choice.

tuckerboynton

May 21, 2015
Maine
On FastTech, anything that says "Style" (ie: "IP V2 Style") generally implies that it's a clone or look-alike to a real device. Personally I don't buy from FastTech just because shipping can take forever. I'd suggest ordering from MBV before FastTech, just because it's within the US and you'll likely receive your products in a much more timely fashion.

That said, the MVP2 is a great choice. It was one of my first mods. But: it's a little bit outdated with the release of the MVP3. I'd suggest getting that instead of the MVP2 just because it'll remove a potential upgrade. You'll like the MVP2, but its capabilities are kind of limited (in terms of what atomizer you can put on top of it). The MVP3 is kind of available to a larger variety of tanks (and even RDA's).

It's your call though, the iStick is also a great choice.
It seems that you get more from the iStick than you do the 3.0, the iStick 50w is only $55 on MBV while the 3.0 is $63 so i get more watts for less $ haha what do you think?

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
It seems that you get more from the iStick than you do the 3.0, the iStick 50w is only $55 on MBV while the 3.0 is $63 so i get more watts for less $ haha what do you think?

Yeah that's true. And really the only difference is aesthetics, the battery sizes are nearly identical.

The one caveat to the iStick 50W is some early-adopting users (primarily people who pre-ordered the device/got in early on purchasing it) have reported problems. Some problems are very minor (random screen glitches, iStick turning off once in a while on its own). Other problems are less minor (auto-firing, all the way to someone's iStick catching fire while charging). If you do buy an iStick 50W, never leave it charging unattended for extended periods of time, and always be aware of the possibility that it MAY start auto-firing.

I realize that sounds like a big "do not buy the iStick 50W" but I highly, highly recommend the iStick 50W. The cases where things have gone awry are probably less than 1/100 -- which is actually a decent retail "failure rate" when you keep in mind that the failure tolerance for these things is usually 13% or more (ie: 13% of the devices that are manufactured get weeded out during the quality control parts, the other 87% are deemed perfect by QC).

If you're super worried just step down to the 30W, I've hardly seen ANY problems reported with that.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
RIP Mvp v.2

It had a good life. It was a great mod. But even 11w is on the edge of too low for Aspire K1.

Haha yeah I agree. 11W is just way too low these days, I think the minimum acceptable wattage should be "able to run a SubTank". People are gonna disagree (I'm lookin at you tootle puffers) but realistically you want a device that can work with a wide range of atomizers.

pbxbelmar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2014
Buried in books
Hi tucker and welcome......Istick 30w + Nautilis mini...can't go wrong with this!
+1 the iStick 30 is my companion device. I like not having to mess with batteries, chargers, etc.
But for the same price as the Nautilus you can get 2 Eleaf GS Air M which is a terrific tank. Adjustable airflow, nice size, great looks. Love mine.

Last edited:

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
Just so you know the problems with the 50 watts Istick were not just preorders. I and others bought one in a BM and had the problems. And Eleaf refuses to replace mine because I didn't buy it from them. The 90 day warranty only applies if you buy it from Eleaf themselves. Mine lasted 36 days and I just lost that money. If you decide you want one I'd suggest ONLY buying it from Eleaf so you get the warranty and that's the only way to ensure you're getting a new" batch " one

Reactions: SuperTaz

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I and others bought one in a BM and had the problems. And Eleaf refuses to replace mine because I didn't buy it from them. The 90 day warranty only applies if you buy it from Eleaf themselves.

Did you contact the B&M you bought the iStick from? It's their responsibility to honor the 90 day warranty if they are an authorized reseller.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If it was me, I'd probably go for the MVP over an iStick. Innokin has been in the business far longer than Eleaf or iSmoka, and their products have stood the test of time. Although most problems with the iStick seems to focus on the 50 watt model, I'd still go with the proven manufacturer. Comparing one brand to the other, the MVP seems to be a sturdier and more durable mod for the long haul.

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
Did you contact the B&M you bought the iStick from? It's their responsibility to honor the 90 day warranty if they are an authorized reseller.
Yes and spoke directly to their distributor. Eleafs warranty doesn't carry over to everyone down the supply line. It covers the original buyers. The BM has a 30 day warranty because that's all their distributor gives them. I filled out the manufacturers warranty card and sent it to Eleaf. Eleaf or ISmoka told me it was the manufacturers responsibility at this point but to try my BM because that's the easiest route for me. BM referred me back to ISmoka. ISmoka confirms my device is authentic then followed the chain from when it was bought by me. They then told me because I wasn't the original buyer the warranty was void.

Reactions: Susan~S

Msand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2014
WI
I would suggest, just drilling out the air hole on the K1. You will see a huge performance boost, and it will be just as good as the Nautilus. If not better. Save the money until you want to make a bigger leap, or stock up on juice until you do. Once you get into the sub tanks you will be going through juice quickly.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
If I was buying a new VV today I would look pretty hard at the IPV Mini V2 or I would get another Sigelei 100 plus or 150.

I like the small size and big punch of the ipv. But have been rocking a a sigelei 100 watt v1 and love its performance and durability. I have bounced it off the ground a number of times and it is still going strong.

Personally I would have a hard time buying a mod where I couldn't change out the batteries.

edit: iPV Mini 2 - 70W MOD Pioneer4you Greenleaf

Reactions: Ohm Gnome

tuckerboynton

May 21, 2015
Maine
I would suggest, just drilling out the air hole on the K1. You will see a huge performance boost, and it will be just as good as the Nautilus. If not better. Save the money until you want to make a bigger leap, or stock up on juice until you do. Once you get into the sub tanks you will be going through juice quickly.
how much bigger should i make them?

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
If I was buying a new VV today I would look pretty hard at the IPV Mini V2 or I would get another Sigelei 100 plus or 150.

I like the small size and big punch of the ipv. But have been rocking a a sigelei 100 watt v1 and love its performance and durability. I have bounced it off the ground a number of times and it is still going strong.

Personally I would have a hard time buying a mod where I couldn't change out the batteries.

edit: iPV Mini 2 - 70W MOD Pioneer4you Greenleaf

A few weeks ago I was out walking the dogs when my IPV Mini 2 fell out of my jacket pocket and hit the asphalt. The battery cap popped off and the battery flew out. There is a nick in the battery cap and the bottom of the mod but I simply put the battery back in and it fired up without any problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread