Demon fire batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

joefisch330

Sep 10, 2013
Erie, PA
Hi all! I am selling my provari 2.5 mini to a friend this week. I am giving her a whole package deal with tank, batteries, charger and all. Since I only have one charger and I am giving her all of my batteries, I will be buying all new ones. I already know I am getting the nitecore d2 charger. Now the hard part is finding good batteries for my provari P3. I currently use the aw imr high drain 18350 batteries that ProVape sells on their website. After browsing around on various websites I came across demon fire high drain batteries. These babies are 1200 mah and are not terribly expensive (just over $11 for 2).

Let me get to the point: are these batteries good for me to use? I know ProVape recommends that you only use the batteries that they sell but I know there are other good batteries out there. The demon fires have almost twice the capacity of the batteries I use now so I feel like they are too good to be true. Anyone with insight on how well these batteries work or if they are safe for me to use in my P3 I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance and happy vaping!

Sent from my Nexus 9

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I wouldn't recommend these batteries to anyone. I have never heard of them till now, and have no idea what they really are. I always avoid anything with fire in the name. I also wouldn't buy any batterys off of ebay, or Amazon.
I would recommend a known battery like the Samsung, LG, AW, to mention a few, and buy from a reputable dealer. Saving a buck or two here just isn't worth it. Just my opinion. Good luck. :)

PS: I am using LG HE2's in my P3 at the moment, and quite happy with them, however I am only building a 1.4-1.5 ohm single coil for the KFL that is on it.

Reactions: Baditude

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
I wouldn't trust them. "Fire" in the name is usually a dead giveaway.

Beyond that, they're kind of a no-name mystery company. These are likely just re-wrapped cells, and they're likely hyping the specs to induce sales. You're better off buying something that isn't trying to fool you with an inflated amp limit/charge capacity.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Thanks for the replies! Do any of the batteries you guys have mention have a higher mah capacity like I mentioned the demon fires do?

They tend to be around 700-900mAh (18350's, at least). Haven't seen much higher than that.

I'd suggest going to an 18650. 2600mAh, higher amp limit. But eh, in a Provari, the form factor might be nice with 18350's.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Thanks for the replies! Do any of the batteries you guys have mention have a higher mah capacity like I mentioned the demon fires do?

Sent from my Nexus 9
AW IMR 18350 800mAh that's the best 18350 battery I know of. Those batteries that were being recommended earlier were 18650.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Okay, final question. With the new provari P3 update now out you can sub ohm down to .5 ohms which I plan on doing. Will the aw imr 18350 800 mah have a high enough amp output for that? I vape at 16 watts currently on a 1.2 ohm coil but I will be playing around with my wattage when I update my P3.

Sent from my Nexus 9

Nah. That's a 10A battery. With a .5 ohm coil, at 4.2V (a reasonable voltage setting), you'd be outputting nearly 9A. That's only 1 amp off from your limit. While the P3's circuitry shouldn't let you fire anything that exceeds your battery's amp limit, it's better to err on the side of caution.

Get an 18650 battery. Good ones are LG HE2/HE4, Samsung 25R (20A batteries) or a Sony VTC4 (30A). There are a few other ones, but those 4 are all good choices, and give you plenty of headroom to play with lower resistance coils (I'd recommend no lower than .3, which isn't even an option on the P3, but if you ever play with other mods that's my suggestion).

With a genuine 18650 and a .5 ohm coil you'd be hard-pressed to create a bad situation.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
Moved from accessories discussion forum to Batteries & Chargers

I can't find any reliable info on those batteries other than they are sourced from a Chinese manufacturer, but the stated 1200mAh capacity for an 18350 makes me very wary of any claims they make . . . just adding my :2c:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Nah. That's a 10A battery. With a .5 ohm coil, at 4.2V (a reasonable voltage setting), you'd be outputting nearly 9A. That's only 1 amp off from your limit. While the P3's circuitry shouldn't let you fire anything that exceeds your battery's amp limit, it's better to err on the side of caution.

Get an 18650 battery. Good ones are LG HE2/HE4, Samsung 25R (20A batteries) or a Sony VTC4 (30A). There are a few other ones, but those 4 are all good choices, and give you plenty of headroom to play with lower resistance coils (I'd recommend no lower than .3, which isn't even an option on the P3, but if you ever play with other mods that's my suggestion).

With a genuine 18650 and a .5 ohm coil you'd be hard-pressed to create a bad situation.
The p3 doesn't go any higher than 20w, right? In that case 4.2v on a .5 ohm coil is impossible (it would be over 35w). The 10amp AWs should be fine.

Reactions: nyiddle

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
The p3 doesn't go any higher than 20w, right? In that case 4.2v on a .5 ohm coil is impossible (it would be over 35w). The 10amp AWs should be fine.

You are actually right, I thought it could go higher for some reason.

@joefisch330 you'd be good with 18350's regardless of what coil is on it (as long as the P3 will fire it).

joefisch330

Sep 10, 2013
Erie, PA
Well this might be a silly question, but the p3 doesn't go over 20 watts but it goes up to 6 volts I believe. Couldn't I possibly just set it to 5 volts on a .5 ohm coil and have it fire? (Assuming I get a battery that can handle over 10 amps)

I'm going to get my P3 updated tomorrow so I will be experimenting with all of this soon
Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Well this might be a silly question, but the p3 doesn't go over 20 watts but it goes up to 6 volts I believe. Couldn't I possibly just set it to 5 volts on a .5 ohm coil and have it fire? (Assuming I get a battery that can handle over 10 amps)

Not a silly question. It can either do a maximum of 6V or 20W. If your coil resistance is too low, it will hit either one limit or the other.

So for example, if you could (and you can't) set it at 5V it would be trying to supply your .5 ohm coil with 50W. It can't do that. It'd provide it with the max it could, which is 20W, equivalent to 3.1V. Y'follow me?

joefisch330

Sep 10, 2013
Erie, PA
Not a silly question. It can either do a maximum of 6V or 20W. If your coil resistance is too low, it will hit either one limit or the other.

So for example, if you could (and you can't) set it at 5V it would be trying to supply your .5 ohm coil with 50W. It can't do that. It'd provide it with the max it could, which is 20W, equivalent to 3.1V. Y'follow me?

Yes sir. So I should probably go with the 1 ohm coils on the Atlantis 2 when I get it? I usually like to vape at 4.2-4.4 volts

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nyiddle

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have a Provari P3 with the upgraded firmware. It can fire my 0.6 ohm dual coil RDA @ 3.4 voltage setting. Vaping at this resistance drains even the new AW 18650 IMR 2200mah 20 amp batteries REALLY fast. I prefer using my 1.5 ohm single coil in the Kayfun Lite Plus rebuildable tank atomizer (better battery life) on my P3.

Just some advice:

• Never buy/use any battery with "fire" in the name. These are all Chinese-made batteries of questionable quality.

• Never buy/use any battery sold on Ebay or Amazon. Most of these are purchased by middleman vendors from Alibaba, a large Chinese distributor who has no problem with selling counterfeit batteries for huge profits.

• Highly recommend purchasing from reputable vendors like RTD Vapor, Illumin, Lighthound, and Orbtronics.

• If a battery's spec sheet looks too good to be true, it probably is. Trust your common sense on this one. Many disreputable battery companies over-state their battery specs as a marketing ploy to gain an implied advantage over the more reputable brand name companies.

• Batteries are THE MOST IMPORTANT ITEMS in your setup, and not the item you want to skimp on. I never understood why people would think nothing of spending over $200 on a mod yet try to pay under $10 for a battery which might be a re-wrapped old cell or otherwise inferior quality battery. Buy authentic name brands and save in the long run.

• Provape recommends using ONLY AW IMR high drain batteries in their Provari's.

If you want to go with 18350 or 18490 battery sizes, go with the new AW IMR:
  • 18350 AW IMR 800mah 12 amps continuous
  • 18490 AW IMR 1200mah 18 amps continuous
If you choose to go with 18650's, you do have some options:
  • AW IMR 2200mah 20 amp
  • Samsung 25R 2500mah 20 amp
  • LG-HE2 2500mah 20 amp
  • Sony VTC4 2100mah 30 amp
  • Orbtronics SX30 2100mah 30 amp
  • Orbtronics 18650PF or PD 2800mah 10 amp
Battery Basics for Mods

Last edited:

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
  • Never buy/use any battery sold on Ebay or Amazon. Most of these are purchased by middleman vendors from Alibaba, a large Chinese distributor who has no problem with selling counterfeit batteries for huge profits.

I hear that one! I bought my first LG HE2s off Amazon from a battery place, and my HE4s off of ebay. Im not sure if Ive just used em too much or what but nowadays they suck compared to the Samsung 25rs Ive gotten from Illumn.com. The HE2 seems to do a little better but the HE4 now I can kill in a matter of hours. I put it in yesterday afternoon around 11am before I left for a job interview, and by like 2pm, I had to throw the Sammys in the charger because it was already half dead.. Maybe I just got a bunk cell but Ill only buy my batteries from a place like Illumn or RTD now. Free shipping isnt worth having to replace a battery 5 months after you bought it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread