Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Nice fireworks on the kayfun Lite thread today. Hasn't seen this much action in awhile. This was once a happenin' thread. Glad to see it revived.

I learned you just need to write a nice letter and you'll receive free shipping from the EU.

The Erlkonigin has amazing flavor. PITA to wick, though -- very fussy. But very worth it. Don't love the Squape.

Same as you do, but two coils instead of one. Whadya mean, upside down? Are you referring to the gizmo the atty is screwed into for building? Or am I totally missing something (which wouldn't be the first time!)?

The picture displays upside down. Unless you've glued it to the ceiling? Sir Rod is happy to be able to build one coil. He's gonna stick with that. Yes he is!

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
So the Russian arrived and the main center pin (#18 of I remember correctly?) has no holes in the sides of it for air flow... Lol. Nothing. Just a hole in the top and a hole in the bottom with the flat head screw slots on either side... So obviously no air flow. Weird...

Considering the bottom pin design, I don't think I can use a kayfun clone pin from one of my EhPros? Funny thing is I still built it thinking I must be wrong and holes aren't needed or something... Lol

-Sent via Tapatalk

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
So the Russian arrived and the main center pin (#18 of I remember correctly?) has no holes in the sides of it for air flow... Lol. Nothing. Just a hole in the top and a hole in the bottom with the flat head screw slots on either side... So obviously no air flow. Weird...

Considering the bottom pin design, I don't think I can use a kayfun clone pin from one of my EhPros? Funny thing is I still built it thinking I must be wrong and holes aren't needed or something... Lol

-Sent via Tapatalk

Take out the center post completely and take a picture, would you? Mine certainly has a hole in the center pin as would likely every other Russian.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Take out the center post completely and take a picture, would you? Mine certainly has a hole in the center pin as would likely every other Russian.
I'll see if I have time tonight. Getting ready to leave for my sisters wedding tomorrow morning. Packing now. I know it sounds crazy - but no holes in the sides of the shaft. Like they forgot to drill em.

-Sent via Tapatalk

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I'll see if I have time tonight. Getting ready to leave for my sisters wedding tomorrow morning. Packing now. I know it sounds crazy - but no holes in the sides of the shaft. Like they forgot to drill em.

-Sent via Tapatalk

Did you pull the center pin out completely? And I would think it's actually possible your clone's center pin might fit in there.......

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Really?! Right side up on my iPad!

@AstroTurf, it's for squonking.

I had to check my iPad and on iPad the picture displays right side up in Tapatalk. On my laptop here and on my computer at my office, the picture displays upside down. Kind of odd........

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
I had to check my iPad and on iPad the picture displays right side up in Tapatalk. On my laptop here and on my computer at my office, the picture displays upside down. Kind of odd........
Thanks for checking, Rod. That was so thoughtful!

Reactions: rbrylawski

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'll try the clone pin when I get a chance tonight. Kind of upsetting though. Here's pics.

Kinda defeated part of what I was excited about with the Russian: the adjustable pin.

Lol I get the feeling you and others don't believe me and I'm the thread mor-on (spelled that way so it wouldn't be edited) or something. Maybe I'll contact Mt Baker Vapor as well when I have a chance.

79f6a3818c2616b488849bba192c2f4e.jpg

507dd1113943b8c74073efac5c9e142e.jpg

eb90677b33195f6d9e4ad5613cc94862.jpg

1997d1d24879ded0081691013344a900.jpg

-Sent via Tapatalk

Reactions: Bronze

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I'll try the clone pin when I get a chance tonight. Kind of upsetting though. Here's pics.

Kinda defeated part of what I was excited about with the Russian: the adjustable pin.

Lol I get the feeling you and others don't believe me and I'm the thread mor-on (spelled that way so it wouldn't be edited) or something. Maybe I'll contact Mt Baker Vapor as well when I have a chance.

79f6a3818c2616b488849bba192c2f4e.jpg

507dd1113943b8c74073efac5c9e142e.jpg

eb90677b33195f6d9e4ad5613cc94862.jpg

1997d1d24879ded0081691013344a900.jpg

-Sent via Tapatalk

Wow, kind of amazing. I would definitely contact the seller as that center pin really must have an air hole in it. I didn't doubt you. Honest. But I was hoping that maybe you hadn't pulled the pin all the way out and you'd find it really did have the hole it's supposed to have.

Reactions: stanleybb50

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Wow, kind of amazing. I would definitely contact the seller as that center pin really must have an air hole in it. I didn't doubt you. Honest. But I was hoping that maybe you hadn't pulled the pin all the way out and you'd find it really did have the hole it's supposed to have.
Haha Gotcha. Will do.

-Sent via Tapatalk

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
WOW! I am SO IMPRESSED! Yes I am!! But it's uh, upside down!

I bet the picture was taken with an iOS device (iPhone/iPad) and posted using a Windows PC. It's a common problem that can easily be remedied using Picasa on a Windows PC. What's happening is embedded in the EXIF data of the picture there are bit that indicate the camera orientation. An iOS device uses those bits and will show the picture right side up, but a Windows PC ignores them and it will appear upside down usually.

To fix this just use Picasa on your Windows PC. Find the picture with Picasa and select it, then just click on Save. This rewrites the EXIF data changing the orientation bits so that it will display right side up on a Windows PC.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Reactions: LittleBird
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread