• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Quebec: E-Cigs Subject to Aame Rules as Cigs !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
This would be an update to Bill 44 which is the tobacco Act. The only thing it would do regarding ecigs would be no vaping in public spaces. They're not banning or taxing it but it's not far since they're going to include ecigs in the tobacco Act.

It's not very good but at least, now, they acknowledge that ecigs doesn't pose much of a threat to health like they used to.

"Quebec’s Public Health Minister Lucie Charlebois said there aren't conclusive studies on dangers of e-cigarettes"

[about e-cigarettes] “We don’t think the risks are the same as smoking" --Dr. Richard Massé

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
This would be an update to Bill 44 which is the Tobacco Act. The only thing it would do regarding ecigs would be no vaping in public spaces. They're not banning or taxing it but it's not far since they're going to include ecigs in the Tobacco Act.

It's not very good but at least, now, they acknowledge that ecigs doesn't pose much of a threat to health like they used to.

"Quebec’s Public Health Minister Lucie Charlebois said there aren't conclusive studies on dangers of e-cigarettes"

[about e-cigarettes] “We don’t think the risks are the same as smoking" --Dr. Richard Massé

Pretty hard to be a tobacco product when the only thing that makes it tobacco is the nicotine Health Canada has banned !
Take these idiots to court and they will loose ! So is lighting up incense part of the tobacco act as well ? ...LoL

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
Pretty hard to be a tobacco product when the only thing that makes it tobacco is the nicotine Health Canada has banned !
Take these idiots to court and they will loose ! So is lighting up incense part of the tobacco act as well ? ...LoL

I sure hope you're right! It's just not what we're seeing right now in the US. They're pushing legislations to define vaping as smoking and to tax vaping products, check out these links.

CASAA: Rhode Island Call to Action: Oppose an 80% wholesale tax on vapor products
http://iga.in.gov/static-documents/e/a/a/d/eaade323/HB1169.01.INTR.pdf
http://iga.in.gov/static-documents/9/2/4/3/924371cb/SB0384.01.INTR.pdf

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
I sure hope you're right! It's just not what we're seeing right now in the US. They're pushing legislations to define vaping as smoking and to tax vaping products, check out these links.

CASAA: Rhode Island Call to Action: Oppose an 80% wholesale tax on vapor products
http://iga.in.gov/static-documents/e/a/a/d/eaade323/HB1169.01.INTR.pdf
http://iga.in.gov/static-documents/9/2/4/3/924371cb/SB0384.01.INTR.pdf

Health Canada actually add injury to their own argument, if they did not ban nicotine in e-liquids, they would have a plausible case to categorized it under the tobacco act, but now as it stands by banning nicotine the only case they have is to keep nicotine laced liquids out from the borders ! On the hardware side, the vendors would simply ship the mods in parts and it is no longer a finished vaping product !

It is always about the money, follow the money and you will get the answers.
If the government doesn't get any money it is banned. In fact prostitution and narcotics would all be legal if they have a cut in it !
If the public really thinks laws are passed for morals and the public's health they are sorely mistaken !

[edited]

Last edited by a moderator:

FastNick

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Montreal, QC
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Not a topic for discussion on ECF

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
I had some hopes for the province of Quebec BUT someone has already said it, it is the money -Sad state of affairs the question will be shall vapers follow the law- I wonder -smokers did BUT vapers are a little more militant and a little more proud of having kicked a taxed into oblivion habit and even joe public is getting a little sick of smokers be dumped upon or at least that is the way I see it - heck the hospital I worked in in PEI back in 2005 had a medical marijuana area and the chemical nabilone is being prescribed for agitated elderly

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
Everything happen in this world is about money. Same with "global warming" crap. Is all about making us pay.

More like the recycling lie, the municipal, provincial and federal governments all have a cut in it !
They triple dip just in garbage alone, remember back in the days when we were suppose to seperate metal, glass and paper in the recycling bin/box ? suddenly we no longer need to do the separating and just mix everything in ...ever wonder why ?

1st dipping: They charge property owners and landlords with a recycling fee in their property taxes
2nd dipping: They sell the garbage to China and India where they do they real recycling
3rd dipping: They get carbon tax credits for dumping the trash to other countries to recycle and then blame them as the big polluters.

Last edited:

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
We no longer need to separate them because they now have better facilities to sort them. That's what I heard at least. I just have no proof. I wish there was some documentary on recycling that explains it all in details.

It's hard to believe that recycling makes any kind of difference because I just haven't seen any information about it.

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
That is the biggest lie they are feeding us, if that is true they must have invisible facilitities and people working for free !, when was the last time you knew anyone working at a recycling facility let alone doing the actual recycling ? There were start ups locally back in early 2000's which all went bankrupted because they weren't making enough money.

Show me one facility that is separating the trash and recycling ? ...all you ever see on TV is a forklift driver piling trash into a container heading to China, they never show the actual operation running !

Recycling works if you are China or India which can recycle and produce raw material at a lesser cost. So hypocritical western governments instead of demonizing these countries should actually congratulate them for doing our recycling !

China's central government has just recently implemented Operation Green Fence, now we will really have to build recycling facilities instead of pocketing taxpayer's money for doing nothing for the past two decades !

Last edited:
Reactions: Zurd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread