Hydroscopic

Mar 6, 2015
United States

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
The article is excellent, but the headline is terribly wrong (as e-liquid has greater market share than do Big Tobacco's cigalike e-cigs).

I read the headline as intending to highlight the fact that pending irresponsible and malicious regs in the EU and US will soon hand over the entire vaping market to Big Tobacco.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Mostly agree that the article seems mis-titled, but I think the crux of what is being stated in the article (with regards to the headline) can be found in this quote:

The paradox is that while many of the most outspoken advocates of strict e-cigarette regulation come from public health – and are themselves vehemently opposed to tobacco companies – the winners from tight regulation are likely to be the tobacco companies themselves, who have the deep pockets to negotiate it.

Which I don't think any of us really dispute, especially if we are the sort that think FDA will (outright) ban 99% of all existing products in the industry. I think BV will negotiate thru such a playing field, and that BT very likely will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread