Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I'll try the clone pin when I get a chance tonight. Kind of upsetting though. Here's pics.

Kinda defeated part of what I was excited about with the Russian: the adjustable pin.

Lol I get the feeling you and others don't believe me and I'm the thread mor-on (spelled that way so it wouldn't be edited) or something. Maybe I'll contact Mt Baker Vapor as well when I have a chance.

MBV will take care of you. They have outstanding CS :thumb:

Reactions: AstroTurf

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
I bet the picture was taken with an iOS device (iPhone/iPad) and posted using a Windows PC. It's a common problem that can easily be remedied using Picasa on a Windows PC. What's happening is embedded in the EXIF data of the picture there are bit that indicate the camera orientation. An iOS device uses those bits and will show the picture right side up, but a Windows PC ignores them and it will appear upside down usually.

To fix this just use Picasa on your Windows PC. Find the picture with Picasa and select it, then just click on Save. This rewrites the EXIF data changing the orientation bits so that it will display right side up on a Windows PC.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Nope. Taken with iPhone and posted with iPad. I don't even have a Windows device. Any other ideas? I'd really like to get this sorted! Thanks, rasmith!

Mornin, all!

Reactions: ThePaladin

COHgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Kansas

I bought this kit earlier in the week. Looks like it's got pretty much the same pieces. I think it will be here tomorrow.

KURO UNIVERSAL COIL TOOL CLONE - MADTOWN VAPOR

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Nope. Taken with iPhone and posted with iPad. I don't even have a Windows device. Any other ideas? I'd really like to get this sorted! Thanks, rasmith!

Mornin, all!
Home button on the right, horizontal picture mode.

Give it a try.

Reactions: LittleBird

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'll try the clone pin when I get a chance tonight. Kind of upsetting though. Here's pics.

Kinda defeated part of what I was excited about with the Russian: the adjustable pin.

Lol I get the feeling you and others don't believe me and I'm the thread mor-on (spelled that way so it wouldn't be edited) or something. Maybe I'll contact Mt Baker Vapor as well when I have a chance.

79f6a3818c2616b488849bba192c2f4e.jpg

507dd1113943b8c74073efac5c9e142e.jpg

eb90677b33195f6d9e4ad5613cc94862.jpg

1997d1d24879ded0081691013344a900.jpg

-Sent via Tapatalk
So no-go on the EhPro clone KFL+ pin... Can't really make it work.

I contacted Mt Baker Vapor. We'll see what they say.

-Sent via Tapatalk

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL

Mornin, all!

When iOS 8 came out, Apple changed the way you need to take pics on an iPhone. Don't take them vertically. Take them horizontally. It's not preferable in my book, but that's what they did.

None of this would have happened if you didn't try to be helpful and weasel the price down. :D

I know right??! I've learned my lesson though and there are two people in that thread I won't be responding to again. No I won't!

So no-go on the EhPro clone KFL+ pin... Can't really make it work.

I contacted Mt Baker Vapor. We'll see what they say.

-Sent via Tapatalk

That's a bummer. I'm sure MBV will take good care of you though. Let us know what they say/do, OK.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Actually - I just checked my email and they already responded and put in a new order to send me a whole new Russian v2, for free! They didn't even say anything about sending back the old one either. (I was clear about only the pin being defective too. Sent the pics/etc as well.)

Two thumbs way up to Mt Baker Vapor!! I've ordered juice from them before and liked the service and shipping speeds, but this experience makes me even more likely to buy stuff from them in the future!

-Sent via Tapatalk

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Actually - I just checked my email and they already responded and put in a new order to send me a whole new Russian v2, for free! They didn't even say anything about sending back the old one either. (I was clear about only the pin being defective too. Sent the pics/etc as well.)

Two thumbs way up to Mt Baker Vapor!! I've ordered juice from them before and liked the service and shipping speeds, but this experience makes me even more likely to buy stuff from them in the future!

-Sent via Tapatalk

That is VERY cool! I'll be bookmarking them for future reference based on this, that's for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread