NextGen Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
The NG will NOT put out the same amount of vapor as the Origenny; however, the flavor is much, much better IMHO. I love my Origenny V2 but i find it to be a better tasting Kraken or RSM Rocket. The NG is the upfront flavor of a Sat22 or Lon with MUCH better wicking. If you prefer a dual coil airy genny to a restrictive reduced chamber single coil genny you might not like the NG.
Thanks I don't need lots of vapor, I have a Mutation X V3 for that...

This is the current build on my Origenny, 26g 0.7Ω 500 mesh working like a charm, so I think the NG will be perfect.
5O1lrKY.jpg

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Thanks I don't need lots of vapor, I have a Mutation X V3 for that...

This is the current build on my Origenny, 26g 0.7Ω 500 mesh working like a charm, so I think the NG will be perfect.
5O1lrKY.jpg

Yeah you should really enjoy it then!

Also - what's with your positive post!? That's def not stock!

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Yeah you should really enjoy it then!

Also - what's with your positive post!? That's def not stock!
I snapped the post building a dual coil that was a little to heavy, the wire didn't go all the way through and when it was tightened it tilted and broke the post.

So the remaining center post was shortened by a few mm and a computer motherboard standoff was test fit into the round nut. I drilled a hole in the standoff for the wire, rounded off the corners and put a stainless screw into the top.

It's a temporary fix until I can find a stainless steel cheese head M3 screw 35mm long to replace it with.

Reactions: snow blind

k2zs

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Rochester, NY
So I'm still waiting for my 2 Yeahsmo clones from Gear Best but in the mean time I've found a source for SS Mesh. I first found the [HASHTAG]#200[/HASHTAG] I was looking for at Kidney Puncher but it came in 2" x 2" squares, 3 for 6 bucks. But then, I found an ebay seller that had all sizes; 200, 300, 325, 350, 400, 500 in 12" x 8" sheets for $9.25 a sheet. That's like 9 cents a square inch as opposed to 41 cents and each sheet came with 5 feet of A1 Kanthal for free in a size of your choice and 4 day shipping! I have 3 sheets coming, 200, 325, and 400.

Since I got my Sat22 clone 2 weeks ago I'm really liking gennies! Cant wait for my NextGen's...

Reactions: TrollDragon

k2zs

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Rochester, NY
So,

They showed up yesterday via DHL to my door step (on a national holiday no less). From order to in my hands in 7 days from Gear Best.
Here's one on my Ant mod...
full

Cleaned it twice and still getting a hint of machine oil taste but so far pretty impressed. Built it with the provided mesh so I'm not sure what weight it is but it's wicking perfectly, not one dry hit so far...

nullptr

Dec 3, 2014
Germany
I got my NextGen clone (from gearb*st) yesterday (you know the struggle to get some authentic..).
It's my first genny, so i am kinda new to wicking with mesh. Only did some wicks for my Flash-e-Vapor v3 which isn't really comparable.
I really love everything about it except i am getting quite often dry hits. It's not about high wattage or high vg juice, it seems it just stops to wick properly at some point. I can chain vape it for some hours but then suddenly i get dry hit after dry hits.
I only got 300 mesh and would like to try other setups, so i ordered some 200 and 400 to go for the mesh-in-mesh build.
But i am still unsure about how tight i have to roll the mesh and other basics.
So i would appreciate to get some tips and tricks about how to set it up correctly.

nextgenhmbpf.jpg

(with SMPL mod)

Last edited:

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
But i am still unsure about how tight i have to roll the mesh and other basics.
So i would appreciate to get some tips and tricks about how to set it up correctly.

people fail horribly with trying to explain how to properly wrap a genny online.

its going to come down to trial and error.
i cant describe to you how "tight" or how "loose" i roll mesh.
you also have to consider that my setup may not work for your juice and heat preference.
So dont do what others are doing.

dont be afraid, and just go for it!

Viluxia

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2013
South Yorkshire, UK
Well ive got one of these from Fasttech, and my insulator is now spinning after 1 day lol, it is indeed push fit so now im not sure what to do - this was the first gennie ive ever had working and built right on the first try and the flavour was something else, normally using subtanks and kayfuns but the same juice in the nextgen was like vaping it for the first time for me at least - now to try and fix it so i can use it again, as ill never be able to get a real one.

Oh and i need to find a new Top Oring that sits between the airflow collar and top cap, the black one decided to split into 3 pieces and the red one is pathetic as hell. Any ideas on sizes people?

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
For me the ah ha moment with getting stainless mesh and kanthall coils was getting everything oxidized prior to wrapping, oxidize both the mesh and the wire.

THEN, when you get the mesh wrapped into a tube douse it with juice and burn that off with a torch several times if necessary.

THEN, after you've wrapped the coil on the mesh firm enough to make contact with the mesh but not tight enough to squeeze dents in the mesh, pulse with a battery that is < 1/2 full NOT a fresh battery, I find it easier to get rid of hot spots with a lower voltage batt. YMMV, that's just how I do it.

THEN, I vape it for a while with that same batt till the setup gets some crust built up.

As far as wicking problems I've never had them because I've been lucky. I use 500 mesh and wrap it tight. I pre burn it well with and without juice.

I love a genny vape. Of course my first mod was a Zenesis Standard, I jumped into the deep end of the pool and had to learn to make it work.

There are some good video's online for the setup of the NG. The Asian guy (sorry no disrespect I don't know his name) is a phenomenal genny builder. He chain vapes the heck out of them right after setup and they work for him. I get the same results. I found his video........

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
As far as cleaning new mod ware, I have a small nylon mesh bag that I found at Wal Mart. I take apart everything and load it into the bag then run it through the dishwasher on the sanitize and extra hot water cycle using regular dishwashing detergent.

Works every time.

My wife doesn't mind.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I just got my first Temp Control Mod. I also just received some ribbon Nickel wire that I got from Stealthvape. I did a 5/6 wrap. I glowed the coils and they all glowed evenly from the start. The whole set up took 2 minutes. I filled in juice and the first hit was plain perfect....there was no break in time. I highly recommend anyone who is into genesis atties to get a TC mod and nickel ribbon wire.....they work specially perfect with the Nextgen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread