• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
LIQUIDS

Spiritus
newsletter - this sounds interesting:
Lenola Cream by Kite in Cloud | Spiritus Vapes UK
Looks as though this company (Kite in Cloud) only do one flavour liquid, but it sounds nice enough to give it a try when they get it in stock.

I tried the Chefs Moose Glazed Streusel: 'A ribbon of brown sugar and graham cracker weaves a warm, sweet flavour and aroma through this flavour profile'
I definitely can taste brown sugar, and if I hadn't read the description, would have picked up on a bakery/cream flavour with it. This is very nice, not overly sweet. I also think it could be a good one to add a few drops of flavouring concentrate to a tank to vary the taste: Lemon Sicily, Strawberry, Raspberry or even chocolate.
I'll try the Banana Cream Pie one later.

Re beard #64 Hibiscus. I just tried some Nephology Nimbus, and that one is described as: Fresh apricot/cake/notes of chocolate & custard filling. To me, while not exactly the same, it's not a million miles away from the Beard #64. Very pleasant and a bit unusual - and has a lot of what I think I taste in the Beard one.
I also have the Nephology Cirrus one too, yet to try that one.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Sigelei Mini - ..........
So, I put it to charge 20 minutes ago, pressed the button to check, and all I get on the screen is a large battery icon with the non-moving lightning flash on it. I tried disconnecting it but the screen was blank. Just pressed the button again, and still just get the battery icon. As you'd expect, the instructions show nothing of this.
I'll leave it for an hour or so to see what happens, but if it's still blank, I'll put a new battery in it.
Forgot to post this update a couple of days ago: I realised why I was only getting a large battery icon while it was charging - I'd inadvertently switched it off, so naturally, the screen wasn't showing anything else!
When fully charged though, the battery stopped showing the lightning flash.
So, it wasn't having a hissy fit after all! :)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Forgot to post this update a couple of days ago: I realised why I was only getting a large battery icon while it was charging - I'd inadvertently switched it off, so naturally, the screen wasn't showing anything else!
When fully charged though, the battery stopped showing the lightning flash.
So, it wasn't having a hissy fit after all! :)

Glad it got sorted. :)

Reactions: Pictor

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Vapemail...

My Zero TC, which the Tracking is showing it still being in China :laugh: And My Kangxin Mini VF. Bad news on the latter Trish, it`s got a bloody bulb on top. :( The first thing i did was see if i could remove it, but it won`t budge. I dunno whether to send it back, or just put up with it, and see if i can get that bulb out.
In any event, i need to order some more batteries, before i can have a play with them both. :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Vapemail... *Bad news on the latter Trish, it`s got a bloody bulb on top. :( The first thing i did was see if i could remove it, but it won`t budge. I dunno whether to send it back, or just put up with it, and see if i can get that bulb out.
In any event, i need to order some more batteries, before i can have a play with them both. :)
Oh drat and double (green) drat! I know we can send them back (with a trip to the post office witches), but I like to choose something, have it arrive and use it! ..not find it differs from the image.

Anything in the instructions about being able to turn it off - as long as you can do that then not really a problem.
May be worth asking Kangxin direct. I will once one of mine arrives. They may at least get the message that it's b----- ugly! :laugh:

*My Sigelei is looking even better by the day since seeing this, even though it's not TC!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I'm not 100% sure just how far along this TPD this is. Is it a passed certainty?

Early last year, I bought a few bits from El Cigarettes (small batteries mostly) so now and then get a newsletter that I delete, but I've had two in the last couple of days about TPD, and reading them, it looks as though not only has this particular company given up on things as is, but are preparing to meet the proposed? regulations/impositions.

This is the first one in regard to liquids etc: UK e-cig BAN 2016 IMPORTANT!

This is the second in regard to tanks & coils etc: UK e-cig BAN 2016 continued

Reactions: terry w

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I'm not 100% sure just how far along this TPD this is. Is it a passed certainty?

Early last year, I bought a few bits from El Cigarettes (small batteries mostly) so now and then get a newsletter that I delete, but I've had two in the last couple of days about TPD, and reading them, it looks as though not only has this particular company given up on things as is, but are preparing to meet the proposed? regulations/impositions.

This is the first one in regard to liquids etc: UK e-cig BAN 2016 IMPORTANT!

This is the second in regard to tanks & coils etc: UK e-cig BAN 2016 continued

Should go out of business if they are not prepared to fight for their rights, not kow tow to something that hasn't yet been implemented and will not until about this time next year, if the EU gets it's way.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Should go out of business if they are not prepared to fight for their rights, not kow tow to something that hasn't yet been implemented and will not until about this time next year, if the EU gets it's way.
I agree absolutely - they just aren't giving out the right message ..only looking out for themselves, and rather poorly at that!

So, is this TPD passed as definite or yet to happen?

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I agree absolutely - they just aren't giving out the right message ..only looking out for themselves, and rather poorly at that!

So, is this TPD passed as definite or yet to happen?

Yes and No, It was passed last year I think, but open to submissions for alteration, and for member states to say how or if they wanted to implement it, something along those lines, and if member states agreed to it then it would be implemented as from 20 May 2016 EU wide.
Of course we still have the Totally Wicked case against it, so it's still a waiting game, some states have implemented a "no nic" rule others have taxed it, still haven't heard about the ongoing case in Germany of the City of Cologne, that brought an action against a cafe owner and lost not once but twice, and has now proceeded to the highest court.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Yes and No, It was passed last year I think, but open to submissions for alteration, and for member states to say how or if they wanted to implement it, something along those lines, and if member states agreed to it then it would be implemented as from 20 May 2016 EU wide.
Of course we still have the Totally Wicked case against it, so it's still a waiting game, some states have implemented a "no nic" rule others have taxed it, still haven't heard about the ongoing case in Germany of the City of Cologne, that brought an action against a cafe owner and lost not once but twice, and has now proceeded to the highest court.
Right, thanks. That's just about how I thought things are.
I've seen some ridiculous rules/laws in the past, particularly ones imposed by the EU, but this is the most incredible.

Reactions: Marcus1970

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
George and anyone else who has a Yihi SX Mini M Class, if you have upgraded the firmware, then make sure that you do NOT have the Mod in ECO mode if you need to change the Battery, otherwise when you put in a new battery, it will say Check Battery and show it as dead, this happened to me earlier, and I spent over an hour trying to work out what was wrong - I'm sure Yihi will fix the bug and reissue a newer firmware.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
1_1053227141.png

Here you go Bob,thought i'd seen talk of it.

Reactions: Bobw1951
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread