Official DNA 40 introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
On my Flask I get 2 full days of heavy vaping and I sort of have the timing down as to when I'm going to need to swap out batteries. I usually do it first thing in the morning before I use it so I don't have the waiting period before I get to use it.

That's with my Flask though and it's amazing stamina. When I get my new V4 Hana Modz on Thurs with only one battery I probably won't have that luxury anymore.

But yea, that's what I meant when I said it made sense, if your swapping batteries in between heavy vaping, the mod is going to see it has a new atty because it's been reset with the battery change - it's not going to recognize it was the same atty and it's going to take a new 'hotter' resistance reading.

That would be an awesome feature though, and with my new V4 I'm going to try the great suggestion of plugging in the USB cable whiles changing the battery to see if holds its memory!

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
While it does work, you risk damaging the usb port. I don't think it's worth the risk. How hard is it to just swap batteries and then let it sit for 15 mins? If you're really that hard up to have a vape, maybe you should have a few other mods around. That's what I do :vapor:
I like that. I knew there would be a way to justify having 2 IPV4's. [emoji1]

HD

Reactions: KTMRider

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I like that. I knew there would be a way to justify having 2 IPV4's. [emoji1]

HD
I have 15 mods to choose from, 6 are DNA40 devices. I still have one more DNA40 board to build but haven't been motivated yet. Other than a few puffs here and there, I haven't really touched my non-TP mods in months.

Reactions: BNEAT

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
I have zero issues with refinement these days, and my primary topper is a K4 WITH the spring still doing the conducting! I dry-burn about once a week, and I'll notice a slight change in resistance in that time, so it's doing exactly what I want it to do. I charge my batteries via USB every night, so that helps too.

at this rate, I'll NEVER wear out my 510 on this set-up :)

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
It would have been easier for them to put set resistance and get over with it. But i know how they thought about it. Refinement was for them something that should spare the user from steps and automate the process of figuring out the ohms instead of increasing clicks and settings for the user. From a user point of view refinement should be a privilege, but they didn't expect the amount of troublesome atties, mods and user skills in building.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Guys I have a nickel 30 gauge 12 wraps 0.18 ohms coil with rayon. I'm running at 530F and no dry hits and no signs of hot spots. Is it normal? It refined for 24 hours and stayed at 0.18.

I don't really have an answer for you Aal_ but I can take the topper off my SX and put it on my Vapor Flask and it reads at least 100F higher on the DNA40.

I have never let it go as high as you but mine will run up to 450 -475 with no trouble at all. I am using 8 turns 38 Ga 1.5 ohms.

On the SX I run at 22.5 watts and on the DNA40 I have to reduce the power to about 15 watts to keep it from going ballistic. By the way I am using a Lemo 2 so I have PLENTY of air flow with 50/50 juice.

Reactions: Aal_

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
So are you saying the dna and sx measure things differently? Guess I don't understand your point....

That is exactly what I am saying. The Evolv DNA 40 generally reads much higher temperatures for the same configuration that I use on the SX.

If you don't understand the point let me put it in simple words for you:

My comment to Aal_ was; I don't really have an answer for you Aal_ but I can take the topper off my SX and put it on my Vapor Flask and it reads at least 100F higher on the DNA40.

Is it possible to make my point simpler I suppose so but the point is for reasons unknown to me the DNA40 reads higher than my SX and I get the same kind of Temperature reading that Aal_ gets on his DNA40. I also told him I don't have an answer for him whether this is normal or not.

Now how to make that more simple is beyond me. I guess we could go to a Dick and Jane style of text but "See Spot run, run Spot run" might take up a lot of bandwidth.

Give me a break Retird - Please.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
So they read different.... probably by design....only asked for clarification....thx....

retird,

Here is what I said to Aal_:

"I don't really have an answer for you Aal_ but I can take the topper off my SX and put it on my Vapor Flask and it reads at least 100F higher on the DNA40."

Now honestly what part of that can't you understand.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Guys I have a nickel 30 gauge 12 wraps 0.18 ohms coil with rayon. I'm running at 530F and no dry hits and no signs of hot spots. Is it normal? It refined for 24 hours and stayed at 0.18.

Perfectly normal for certain builds, particularly small wire builds with long legs.

So they read different.... probably by design....only asked for clarification....thx....

yeah the sx ... doesn't measure temperature very well

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA

Hey Aal_,

Just wanted to make a comment on the 530 degrees. That is probably not an optimal temperature if you are going for safety provided by TP.

The 450 degrees F, factory default TP, is most likely not by accident. I have also heard Evolv's "Brandon" say he runs at 400 F. I set my own at 450 and depending on my setup and juice at 20 ish watts will stay just below that point.

I have a feeling that is more the type of answer you are looking for.

Reactions: Aal_

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Hey Aal_,

Just wanted to make a comment on the 530 degrees. That is probably not an optimal temperature if you are going for safety provided by TP.

The 450 degrees F, factory default TP, is most likely not by accident. I have also heard Evolv's "Brandon" say he runs at 400 F. I set my own at 450 and depending on my setup and juice at 20 ish watts will stay just below that point.

I have a feeling that is more the type of answer you are looking for.
Yeah thanks that does it I guess. But with my setup I'm not able to reach 20 watts at 450. I guess I have to change my setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread