Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thank you for posting it here Pro!:)

I dont know what video says but I do notice a small mistake that the reviewer did that may bring headache to the user. He didnt first screw the button center post to the button before put button to the brass body. I am sure that he tried to screw the button center post while button was already attached to the brass body and thats really difficult. I hope that this was not a negative point on his review. I will write to him on his youtube channel

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
A customer send me an e-mail asking me why he had to push GG4S's button hard to have a contact. He had finally sanded a lot the center pin witch became short, so contact was almost impossible.

For the best and easy contact:

1. Clean the center pin with mesh
2. If problems persists, means that your center pin became short because of the huge cleaning. You can buy a new center pin or put a thinner o-ring inside the brass body :)

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
I do not know if Imeo made the inner part of the GG4S button with two extra holes for "Buttons Side Pins" for this purpose:

The center part of the button of one of my GG4Ss was getting little hot when using resistances below 0.7 ohms (which I do not usually use), of course, I cleaned meticulously the GG4S, all its individual parts and the battery poles, but from time to time I could feel the button was getting little hot.

I installed an extra "Button Side Pin" (for a total of two) and problem solved, no more hot button :)

gg4s-button-side-pin.jpg

A friend was having exactly the same symptom with his GG4S, he told me that were the batteries, the issue vanished when switching the battery for a newer one (maybe some batteries were not healthy enough to support the required current).

Anyway, for sure an extra "Side Button Pin" doesn't hurt and it could improve the conductivity :D

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
For a quick fix and what I ended up doing with my GG4S after much cleaning with reading glasses on and off lol I took Imeo's advice I tighten the center pin like normal than back it off a half turn fires everytime and the hot button goes away. I think I over tightened it to many times and compressed the o-ring to much.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I do not know if Imeo made the inner part of the GG4S button with two extra holes for "Buttons Side Pins" for this purpose:

The center part of the button of one of my GG4Ss was getting little hot when using resistances below 0.7 ohms (which I do not usually use), of course, I cleaned meticulously the GG4S, all its individual parts and the battery poles, but from time to time I could feel the button was getting little hot.

I installed an extra "Button Side Pin" (for a total of two) and problem solved, no more hot button :)

gg4s-button-side-pin.jpg

A friend was having exactly the same symptom with his GG4S, he told me that were the batteries, the issue vanished when switching the battery for a newer one (maybe some batteries were not healthy enough to support the required current).

Anyway, for sure an extra "Side Button Pin" doesn't hurt and it could improve the conductivity :D
Yes, I put 3 holes inside the button for extra side pins Ariel. You know that all these years I put extra things on all my constructions in case someone has an issue, so he can solve it easily.

About the hot button. Its always the battery. DONT squeeze the battery a lot because you may damage it or short it.

As for the second pin Ariel, yes it will improve the conductivity because the more points are in contact, the better. But I didnt find a reason to put more side pins because conductivity on GG4S was like a copper mod. 0,1volt with a 0,6 resistance!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
For a quick fix and what I ended up doing with my GG4S after much cleaning with reading glasses on and off lol I took Imeo's advice I tighten the center pin like normal than back it off a half turn fires everytime and the hot button goes away. I think I over tightened it to many times and compressed the o-ring to much.

The reason that I put o-ring inside the brass body (and not a plastic), was that o-ring can be compressed, so you can have shorter or longer button path, and also to avoid situations like a "hard polished center pin"

The solution you use (back off a little the center pin of the button) works of course because that way you give "height" to the center pin because center pin's o-ring is not compressed a lot and makes center pin sit higher.

As you see, I "put" solutions on GG4S that can be done by you. You dont really need to buy any new parts from me.

GG4S was made after deep thoughts (and for special situations that customer may come in a while) on everything. Its not just a mod with 2 caps and a body.

For example, another thing that you can do to avoid a "hard battery press" and still have a solid construction, is to screw battery a little and then screw the lock against cap a little harder. That way GG4S will stay solid and battery will not compressed at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread