Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Just to add to your choices, if you can find a VP1, it does everything the VP2 does except 26650 and no switchable voltage options.

It's a good deal cheaper than the VP2.

Just as good a charger though.
Does it plug in the wall?

It just blows me away that this should even have to be asked. Product descriptions should include this information. It is so fundamental to the operation of the charger. Why would they leave this info off? Amazing!

Reactions: rbrylawski

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Just got my response from RTD (they're very quick...love that about RTD...top shelf vendor):

"The xtar VP2 is a plug-in-the-wall charger and also comes with the car charger cord.

The VC2 does not come with the adapter to plug in the wall nor does it come with the car charger cord. The wall adapter for the VC2 can be found here> Xtar AC Wall Adapter 750mA - RTD vapor"

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Just got my response from RTD (they're very quick...love that about RTD...top shelf vendor):

"The Xtar VP2 is a plug-in-the-wall charger and also comes with the car charger cord.

The VC2 does not come with the adapter to plug in the wall nor does it come with the car charger cord. The wall adapter for the VC2 can be found here> Xtar AC Wall Adapter 750mA - RTD vapor"

I can tell you what SR would do. He'd just make it simple, spend a few more $$'s and get the VP2. Yes he would........

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Well, you're the guy to ask then. Did your VP2 come with a wall adapter?

I got mine from RTD and don't remember exactly but XTAR Direct lists it as included,
I had initially ordered from XTAR Direct but cancelled my order after waiting for over a week with no action.
I won't wait over a week for action. I need action.

for a better description but lousy action -> XTAR VP2 Charger | XTAR Direct

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I got mine from RTD and don't remember exactly but XTAR Direct lists it as included,
I had initially ordered from XTAR Direct but cancelled my order after waiting for over a week with no action.
I won't wait over a week for action. I need action.

XTAR VP2 Charger | XTAR Direct
I hear you!

ErnieKim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
venice florida
I've decided to give a Provari a try. I'm almost off nicotine now so I'm cranking things up a lot to get some throat-hit. I also make 100%VG juice. Bottom line; when I forget to prime, BANG! Dry hit, burnt cotton lungs: ouch!

Im hoping temperature control will actually work. I know I need to use the right type of wire and all but I've been told that temp control really doesn't work no matter what you do. Should I even bother chasing it? Maybe I could program the chip to shout: Prime! Prime! Before I take a hit.

Thanks in advance,
Kim

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Ordered the Xtar VP2.

Thanks guys.

Congrats. Everyone who has one seems to love it. When my Nitecore stops 'a chargin', I'm sure the VP2 will be my next one. But then, hmmmm, what if my Nitecore breaks tonight. What would I do without a charger while I waited for a VP2 to arrive. Oh my........hmmmmmm

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Congrats. Everyone who has one seems to love it. When my Nitecore stops 'a chargin', I'm sure the VP2 will be my next one. But then, hmmmm, what if my Nitecore breaks tonight. What would I do without a charger while I waited for a VP2 to arrive. Oh my........hmmmmmm
The charger I use is going on a road trip. So I need one to stay here on my desk at home.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I've decided to give a Provari a try. I'm almost off nicotine now so I'm cranking things up a lot to get some throat-hit. I also make 100%VG juice. Bottom line; when I forget to prime, BANG! Dry hit, burnt cotton lungs: ouch!

Im hoping temperature control will actually work. I know I need to use the right type of wire and all but I've been told that temp control really doesn't work no matter what you do.

If you're looking for temp control Provari doesn't have it.

Reactions: raitizz

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I have the older WP 2 II and it works fine for me. Certainly no bells and whistles.
My current charger is basic too Ping. Slap a battery in and it charges. Light turns green when it's done. I am, however, concerned about safety. I think purchasing a reputable charger is worth a premium price. While I know there are a number of quality chargers (Pila, Nitecore, Xtar, others) I went with Xtar because of what I have learned about them over the past several months. There are many built in protections and it uses quality circuitry by all accounts. It also helps that RTD sells it. Like ProVape, RTD is a top shelf operation who sell only quality products.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I went with Xtar because of what I have learned about them over the past several months. There are many built in protections and it uses quality circuitry by all accounts. It also helps that RTD sells it.

RTD is where I bought mine. I see they still sell the model I bought.

Reactions: Bronze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread