Disgusted, WTH is wrong with some suppliers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
Todd, I didn't call out the mod maker because I thought that would be a bit excessive. As a business owner myself I know you can't please everyone all the time, I hate dealing with Facebook driven purchases so probably should have just moved on when I found that out.

However I, like you fancy shiny 18350 Hybrid mods and couldn't resist this time. Partially because of you drooling over it.

It's all your fault.

Reactions: smiddlet68

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
As a former business owner, I get fuming mad when I see these companies get support, when they taker your money and give worse service than a lemonade stand.

I refuse to support or do business with amateurs like that. It's a problem waiting to happen.
I need to see at least an effort to operate like a legitimate business.
No contact phone? No business mailing address? No business lisc?
That doesn't say "buy with confidence".
That doesn't say "we stand behind our product".

It says we don't have enough money or confidence to even start a legitimate business.

Avoid these companies like the plague.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Personally, I'd consider it a lesson learned, forget about this particular mod, and take my business elsewhere.

As long as people continue to patronize Facebook "sellers" (join the XYZ mod group and get on the waiting list!) they'll continue to treat their customers like just another random faceless internet user that they can hit up for cash when they get off their backsides and "craft" another run.

If you're not a reputable manufacturer/distributor with a real website, an established B&M, or a highly recommended craftsman, you're not getting my money and you're definitely not going to get me join your group or "like" your stupid FB page.

/rant

Yep. I too have no use for Facebook, or folks that try to run a "business" there. I'm old. and crabby. with little patience for sub-par service. Let's face it - I'm well more than half-way through my life and can't be wasting any of the time I have left dealing with idiots.

Reactions: Caro123

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
vaping has some crazy business models anyway- when was the last time you plunked down sixty thousand dollars to get in line for your next automobile purchase?.... and waited and waited and waited?....pre-orders are disasters waiting to happen and still we can't give them our $$$$ fast enough.....i know i will never be in another one...

I waited 4 months for an Audi last year...

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
What you can do is to post this in the Negative Review board here, and name the product/vendor. There is no 'ban' or anything like that on speaking about bad products or bad service - it's just that to keep things fair, the vendor needs to be able to reply, and they are not allowed to do so in this board (it's considered spam, and vendors would be posting their stuff all over the forum if we allowed that).

There are occasions when the customer is unreasonable, and so some kind of balance is needed. In a case like this, it's obvious what the problem is: it looks as if the vendor is an occasional modder and has no real skin in the game. So, if they want to respond, they can; but people will be able to see what the issues are.

The OP can do the whole post again in the Neg Revs board or just post a brief intro and a link to here, as this is where the discussion is (and people can't discuss it over in the Neg Revs board, it's just for the OP and the vendor).

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
For example.

You are a small shop able to make 100 runs a month, depending on how much you want to work. You do this on the side for some extra cash working nights and weekends. Maybe you use another persons equipment.

You throw up a face book page and get interest in it because well I do not know why. Some one wants your product which is xxxxxxxx similar to every other make/model out there. You get 300 orders.

I'll let you follow his dilemma. One reason why a lot of small business fail.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Two people that I'm close to use Facebook as a tool. One is vape related the other is not.

The one who has mastered the Facebook Fu swears its the greatest thing ever.

The one who can't figger Facebook out swears its useless.

Thats in a general sense. In the OP's case he kinda got boned.

I do pre-sales. I don't risk money I can't afford to lose and I don't buy something I need tomorrow that has a 3 month wait.

The vaping world is wide open right now. Every business model you have ever heard of, both good and bad, is on display. 100 year old truisms coupled with modern CNC speed. China can literally hear about something that maybe a good idea, put it into the computer, put what comes out the CNC in a padded envelope and on a plane and people are writing reviews within 24 hours.

I see people here whining about something the saw/tried/heard about 6 months or a year ago and I'm like dude the V7 of that has been out for months and none of what your saying is close to true.

If you like neat things and happen to be a vaper and not so broke 50-100 bucks is real money this a great time to be around.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Actually, I would like to see three simple
Things before I buy.

1. Contact phone number.
If you can't talk to your customers, you shouldn't be trying to do business.

2. Legitimate business address.
I won't buy from some kid selling hype out of his moms basement.

3. If US based, a business lisc.
Required by law and separates the scammer from the legitimate businesses.

Without those three basic things they are most likely scammers and low level criminals at the most, and amateurs who aren't capable of running a business at the least.

Make a business earn your money or at least show you some professionalism, and these losers will eventually fade out of the scene.

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
UPDATE

The owner of the business has contacted me through Facebook. He apologized for the service, not sure he is the one handling all the Facebook responses.... But he apologized nonetheless.

I apologized as well because I used some language that was certainly not necessary in a business environment.

He has offered a mod for sale including some extra parts, payment by PayPal (which I don't do for good reason) I'll have to cross that bridge if I choose to proceed.

I'm a bit gun shy right now for obvious reasons, but I may take him up on it just because the mod is so small and seems to work so well. Based solely on Todd's review.

I just got another similar 18350 Hybrid mod from a seller here on the forums because I really wanted this one and was sick of waiting, and this one is just not scratching that itch.....

Gunshy.....

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
Sounds like you ought to make it yourself.

Touche'....if I had any good, original idea's I would.

Jethead, may I propose that you let Mark know through his Facebook page so that others who follow his reviews don't fall into the same runaround.

Already ahead of ya turbo.... :D Todd made it pretty clear in the review of the ordering process, that was for the initial batch. For some reason I thought things would be different.

Anyway all is good now.

I can either buy one knowing what I now know or not.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
I feel a little bad for some of the youngsters who are operating in the vaping business I suspect because they have been raised in a culture demonizing tobacco products I wonder if they may feel an unconscious ethical struggle. I also suspect that within the vaping element there exists a small contingent of Al Capones cousins who may have a learning curve in how to market to little old ladies and main stream smokers. I am going to try to make myself a promise to be as tolerant and understanding as I can be for those who vape/sell manufacture/smoke etc because I have no doubt at all that opposing forces who stand against vaping will do so with a vengeance. Shall vaping become another prohibition with China supplying the goods -perhaps.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
I had something like that happen a few years ago, a mod I really wanted was handled via fb, the current list at the time was closed, but no mention of prices or when the new list would start and so forth, but said if you had questions to email his wife and gave the addy, well I did, and never heard back from them. I know they have had several runs since then, but my thoughts are if they can't be bothered to answer emails, I can't be bothered to spend a dime supporting them.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
I am in a very specialized OOAK business. A good part of my time is spent answering question for people who don`t even have the courtesy or good manors of saying thank you for your time, KMA. So sometimes, right about 5 pm most days, I stop answering questions and just give them the very basic of facts. If it tee`s them off that I did not answer their questions perfectly to their liking, they do have the opportunity to respond back to me AND ASK FOR CLARIFICATION, maybe perhaps they caught me at a bad time. If they expect me to hold their hand gently, whisper sweet nothings in their ear, and educate them on the complexities of my craft, I really don`t have allot of time for that. I`ll try and spend enough time as needed to try and serve their needs, but so many people expect everything and a happy ending on top.

So often, at any given time, I can hear self appointed experts in my field telling craftsmen how to run their business. I hear them explain their list of qualifications and of their business prowess, how they have done this and done that, they know the cost of everything and the value of nothing. BUT, they have never done what the craftsman is doing, they have never tried to make a living off of it.

If the craftsman is good at what he does, and fair minded to most, he will do OK. He may not be perfect, but as long as his product is, he can tell the experts to pound sand.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Reactions: caferacer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread