Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I have done some investment casting with them, and it is accurate. However, their plating process is super thin, so normal use will erode it quickly. If you get brass, then just plan on polishing it yourself and skip the plating.
Remember though, while brass and silver are investment cast, the steels are a made using a totally different process:
To build steel models, special 3D printers deposit small drops of glue onto layers of stainless steel powder, one layer at a time, until the print is complete. We carefully remove these models from the printer. At this stage of the process, the objects are very fragile, similar to wet sand. The models then go through an infusion process that replaces the glue with bronze, creating a full metal product. Models are then processed to achieve your desired finish, sprayed with a sealant, and shipped to you.

And this process seems to entail some shrinkage...

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
Yes, it comes with 2 BIG drip tips with so called splash protection. I haven't tried them yet, they're the bigest DT's I've ever seen, with the circumference of the atty itself, practically. Must be for those cloud chasers. I don't know if the top cap will fit on the derringer, but it just might.

Reactions: SkinyFatMan

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
On the Samuri/Bambino BF RDA Mod, I forgot to mention, that I had to put a 2.5mm grub screw in the post to block off the juice flow to the coil. It screws in to close to half way through the wire hole, so I had to drill through it, but it wasn't a problem. I just wanted to add this bit of info; it's kinda important :)

Reactions: mackman

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
US Plastics has some really good 10ml bottles for real cheap. They are where I get all my 6ml up to 8oz bottles. Good quality and cheap prices.

Just watch out if you buy too many because the shipping gets a bit pricey.
The 10ml fit in our mods? Have you tried them? I use vapage 9ml exclusivley and i love them but they are rather pricey... I searched us plastics but couldnt find 10ml.. Care to post a link? As long as they fit in my Pekos and Gdna im good!

-M

SkinyFatMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
The 10ml fit in our mods? Have you tried them? I use vapage 9ml exclusivley and i love them but they are rather pricey... I searched us plastics but couldnt find 10ml.. Care to post a link? As long as they fit in my Pekos and Gdna im good!

-M

The 10ml bottles are too big for the mods that we run (pekos, dibis, reos, etc.), but they wanted a good place for cheap 10ml bottles to fit a mod around, not that would fit what we already use.

Reactions: RGLP4Lyfe

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Just FYI, here is a bottle being tested out right now for use in the peko/gdna. If it works, maybe several of you'll could go in together and get an order up as you need to order a bunch to make it worth while. These bottles are 8.5ml and the closest to vapage bottles as I can find. One thing I like better is the wider throat as currently the vapage bottles can make a mess if you are not careful since the tube is nearly the same diameter as the throat. Also, just FYI, you have to order caps or dropper tips separate.
Bottle - 1/4 oz Natural LDPE Cylinder Bottle 15-415 : Cylinder Plastic Bottles
Dropper tips for faster change outs - 15mm Natural PP Drop Tip Uncontrolled : Orifice Reducers
Caps if you prefer those - 15-415 White Ribbed Lid w/ F217 Liner : Ribbed Lids

B454.jpg
L502.jpg
L102.jpg

Not quite "right now", but as soon as guinea pigs get ahold of them.

Edit: unless a certain guinea got some already.

Reactions: Walter Ego

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

Busted knuckles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
Portland, Oregon.
Hi fellow vapers, I've been reading up about the gdna here for a bit, think I'm about ready to pull the trigger!
just want to say thanks to gdeal for the design and all the work you beta testers put in.
I've been thinking about how to finish my print, went over a number of ideas and just realized I have a box full of leather dies!
Wondering if anyone else has tried leather die? If so, how'd it come out?

Thanks all,
I'm looking forward putting this thing together.

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

Busted knuckles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
Portland, Oregon.
I'll give it a shot. Dying leather is pretty similar, very technique sensitive. The leather grain is what dictates the end result though. I imagine the printed material has a pretty consistent grain pattern?
I'll find out soon, if I mess it up I guess I can paint it!

On a different track, does anyone know what temperature this printed plastic can withstand? I have some gun-kote, which is similar to ceracoat, but needs to be baked on.

Reactions: gdeal

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread