Woodvil Sale Day Thread - May 23, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
fook, posted this in the wrong thread, the woodvilles finished thread, but here it is :) I couldn't find mine anywhere in the pics, [HASHTAG]#326[/HASHTAG], must have been one of the 35 that were too tacky for photo's I guess, so I had no idea what the back would look like but wow I think I got so lucky, this thing is spectacular, I love it :)

here's a few dark crappy office pics, I'll def get better ones once I refinish it to oil rubbed :)

20150528_152359_zpsmoey7yw9.jpg

20150528_152419_zps9dtxn2jc.jpg

20150528_152441_zpsh5soa31r.jpg

20150528_152325_zpskz15jedm.jpg

20150528_152335_zpshkvuyywi.jpg

20150528_152348_zpssmcl6aae.jpg

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
They're here...they're here. Just opened both boxes up, and couldn't wait to get a coat of mineral oil on them. Pictures later.
Stunning, beyond words.

Did the same rule62-slathered mine with Howards UV and let them set awhile.

Had a scare when I opened up the Plunger one. There was a very noticeable speck of white on the back as if someone had whiteout on their hand when it was packed . After my OCD self picked herself up off the floor I went to work. Gentle work with very fine sandpaper, and a pin to get it out of the grooves along with the Howards soak made it disappear [emoji6] Whew!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
those are beautiful!!! One day I have faith for a purple heart, birdseye door, plunger mod! :)

The plunger is awesome Deb! I have another one that is older that I use alot and it provides a nice break for my problem hands [emoji6]

Mommabird62

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
[HASHTAG]#253[/HASHTAG] arrived, was immediately set up and is making clouds from a favorite joose as I type this. As is always the case way better in person than from pictures. No pictures taken yet though, my cheapest by far point and shoot is the only one of 3 digi cameras I can get halfway descent pictures out of, and it likes taking them in the dark. That's OK though, I do my best work in the dark too. :w00t:

[HASHTAG]#320[/HASHTAG] is due tomorrow...

Love my Reos

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
It is time to tell everyone a true story. It was a tough decision to pass on the Woodvil sale. But I could only let myself get one REO out of the upcoming sales. I chose a Brass Mini for my quest.

Then Robert messages me that he has a Woodvil that he thinks I will like. A thank you from him. It is a Blem is all he would say when we talked on the phone later. And then he said "I know you like unique". This Woodvil was sent out to me last Thursday. Sight unseen until today.

Thank you is never enough to say to him when he gives me such a treasure. But I say it again, and again.

Robert, my friend, you made me weep again.
:wub:

Congrats Karen!
That's a beauty. Definitely qualifies for the "Woodvils of Distinction" club! :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Gentle work with very fine sandpaper, and a pin to get it out of the grooves along with the Howards soak made it disappear
emoji6.png
Whew!
Hope you gowned and gloved up before that surgery! :laugh:

The plunger is awesome Deb! I have another one that is older that I use alot and it provides a nice break for my problem hands
emoji6.png
Oh I bet! Would be lovely for those days my hands are acting up. I was just talkin to Mrs C and I've been in love with those birds eye doors, but I can also imagine having a white oak like Kay's door on the purpleheart with those lovely slashy marks in it! That would be stunning too

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Hope you gowned and gloved up before that surgery! :laugh:

Oh I bet! Would be lovely for those days my hands are acting up. I was just talkin to Mrs C and I've been in love with those birds eye doors, but I can also imagine having a white oak like Kay's door on the purpleheart with those lovely slashy marks in it! That would be stunning too

I used to be a Vet Tech until Rheumatoid hit and can do gentle, simple surgery on any and all critters, even the wood ones when needed [emoji6]

Mommabird62

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
sorry, don't mean to go nuts with pictures here but the first set of pics just did this thing no justice, so I just grabbed a few shots in the sun to see it better, this thing is really friggin awesome :)

20150528_160105_zpsraxzixxo.jpg

20150528_160113_zpsl02oxwbf.jpg

20150528_160150_zps6ibezsqh.jpg

20150528_160155_zpslapfpypk.jpg

20150528_160201_zps6qpvswki.jpg

Wowsers, turbo! That thing is off the hook.

Love that "Jupiter eye" on the back - very unique character.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Everyone's new Woodies are so spectacular! I love them all and I would have bought more if I could afford them. I'm really happy having my one special mod. I guess I'm going to have to hunt up some of that UV Howard's. I just have the regular Howard's that smells like citrus. I don't want my mod to change colors at all.

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
Did the same rule62-slathered mine with Howards UV and let them set awhile.

Had a scare when I opened up the Plunger one. There was a very noticeable speck of white on the back as if someone had whiteout on their hand when it was packed . After my OCD self picked herself up off the floor I went to work. Gentle work with very fine sandpaper, and a pin to get it out of the grooves along with the Howards soak made it disappear [emoji6] Whew!

Mommabird62

:shock: You mean you had a rare clump of porky dust in there and you scraped it out?:cry: :facepalm:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
sorry, don't mean to go nuts with pictures here but the first set of pics just did this thing no justice, so I just grabbed a few shots in the sun to see it better, this thing is really friggin awesome :)

20150528_160105_zpsraxzixxo.jpg

20150528_160113_zpsl02oxwbf.jpg

20150528_160150_zps6ibezsqh.jpg

20150528_160155_zpslapfpypk.jpg

20150528_160201_zps6qpvswki.jpg
Simply stunning! Really! Gorgeous wood and the design on the back....oh, my!

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
And the crown jewel, the Bloodwood
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

The photographs of this mod do not do justice to the sumptuous color and texture of this wood. It is my crown jewel of any mod I will ever own. Likely it will be saved for special occasions (such as Friday evenings). I am awestruck by these pieces of functional art. Thank you, Rob.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
It is time to tell everyone a true story. It was a tough decision to pass on the Woodvil sale. But I could only let myself get one REO out of the upcoming sales. I chose a Brass Mini for my quest.

Then Robert messages me that he has a Woodvil that he thinks I will like. A thank you from him. It is a Blem is all he would say when we talked on the phone later. And then he said "I know you like unique". This Woodvil was sent out to me last Thursday. Sight unseen until today.

Thank you is never enough to say to him when he gives me such a treasure. But I say it again, and again.

Robert, my friend, you made me weep again. :wub:

View attachment 460017 View attachment 460018
Karen, that is absolutely gorgeous. And it is perfect for you.....it's probably the exact one you would have picked out of the 400+ he made. He knows you! Congratulations, and cudos to Rob. What a guy.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread