Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Someday I will move up to the smart phone like this.

View attachment 460030

My cell phone.

8Z45VwK.jpg

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
What *always* gets me is when windows updates past the point that the BIOS can deal with it. I ran a P4 with win XP Pro from 2006 till early this year... but not even a new version of Windows would have brought that machine up to standard, the BIOS was too old. I keep trying to get my mom to understand this about her 2001 PC, but she's dragging those heels and digging them in, because "it's a perfectly good computer!" :facepalm:

But now I have a LAPTOP that's about 5 times more powerful than any desktop I've ever owned... it's great. :D

Andria

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    No one, one reason why I do not like bleeding edge stuff. Always quirky at best.
    I do not like to pay my money to someone making a profit off of me to help them develop their tech. When what I buy will just be obsolete in months at most.

Didn't you know?!? Planned obsolescence is what keeps the industry alive.

edit:
    Oops ;)

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    What *always* gets me is when windows updates past the point that the BIOS can deal with it. I ran a P4 with win XP Pro from 2006 till early this year... but not even a new version of Windows would have brought that machine up to standard, the BIOS was too old. I keep trying to get my mom to understand this about her 2001 PC, but she's dragging those heels and digging them in, because "it's a perfectly good computer!" :facepalm:

But now I have a LAPTOP that's about 5 times more powerful than any desktop I've ever owned... it's great. :D

Andria
    Don't the batteries blow in those new fangled things and burn your house down?

Nanny22

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    Michigan
    :lol: Hey Nanny, I was just gonna ask "where are the ladies today"? :)
    Hey Buddy!! Went out for a bit, took the grandkids to the beach. Just trying to make heads or tails of the conversation and that jigsaw coil. Thought maybe I got too much sun!

dems86

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 3, 2014
    Sacramento, CA, US
    Didn't you know?!? Planed obsolescence is what keeps the industry alive.
    What do planes go to do, got to do with it? ;)

Yeah though, those {Moderated} release incremental updates every 6 months for a reason

The WGU Club Co-Founder

Last edited by a moderator:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    Ahh the background stuff. It chokes my kerosene powered cpu down too much and overheats my magnetic core ram.

Not background, no... "bootstrap"... The PC can only boot if the BIOS knows how to read the boot sector of the HD.

Andria

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2014
    The Lab
    Not background, no... "bootstrap"... The PC can only boot if the BIOS knows how to read the boot sector of the HD.

Andria
    My HD is an 83 1340................Still wear boots when I ride it. The boot sector is electric start though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread