Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Army! I need a drone! They were here today and the videographer was a cool young guy who loved showing off the drone. It was an adorable little thing with four propellers and a GoCam. Controlled like playing a video game. He flew it all over the 3 acre property and right up to the front door. It sounded like a swarm of bees.

Must. Have. Drone. :)
Yuh big kid!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Yuh big kid!

It's true! Big geek kid. J and I were giddy. It was the most fun we've had in this whole process. He took it up about 300 ft, then flew it down, reached over his head and landed it right into his hand. He was sweet enough to do it again so I could get it on video. Adorable!

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Army! I need a drone! They were here today and the videographer was a cool young guy who loved showing off the drone. It was an adorable little thing with four propellers and a GoCam. Controlled like playing a video game. He flew it all over the 3 acre property and right up to the front door. It sounded like a swarm of bees.

Must. Have. Drone. :)
OK then , here ya go . $69.15 Authentic SMYA X5SW 4-Channel 2.4GHz Remote Control R/C Quadcopter - w/ six-axis Gyroscope / 360 degree eversion / w/ 2MP camera at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
That sounds so cool LA! They don't do anything like that for listing houses here, plain old pictures and most Realtors only take like 4 :facepalm: definitely not the way to sell a house in the internet age

It was cool. And you're right, it's the best way to sell these days. We could see the video screen and it looked amazing. I told him it was making me want to buy the house and I already own it. LOL!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
@retic1959 - that quadcopter said "Suitable for children 14 yrs and up" - that's me! It's also a bit more reasonably priced than the one today - $2,500 for the whole setup.

Did I mention that the screen had a neck strap and sun shield and hung perfectly right in front of him leaving his hands free for flight navigation? ;)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Did it look something like this...

AR.Drone-06-b.jpg

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I don't care for those drones. I am probably in the minority on them. They make the dogs bark like crazy. I had some guy peaking on my property with one a few times. I found out who was doing it. People are using them to scope out houses, and see what they have. Later, they go back, and steal from them. A good friend of mine has one...he just got a new one, and was flying it over a small lake, it stopped responding to the remote, then dropped out of the sky, right into the lake. Lucky for him, he got another one. I guess he has 3 now. I guess they are addicting...lol.

Oh, and about them scoping out the property...this happened recently to somebody. I've been out to their place before. You have to type in the keyed numbers, to get into the property. But I guess the drone saw that too. The guy's boat, trailer, and all kinds of stuff were stolen.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I don't care for those drones. I am probably in the minority on them. They make the dogs bark like crazy. I had some guy peaking on my property with one a few times. I found out who was doing it. People are using them to scope out houses, and see what they have. Later, they go back, and steal from them. A good friend of mine has one...he just got a new one, and was flying it over a small lake, it stopped responding to the remote, then dropped out of the sky, right into the lake. Lucky for him, he got another one. I guess he has 3 now. I guess they are addicting...lol.

Oh, and about them scoping out the property...this happened recently to somebody. I've been out to their place before. You have to type in the keyed numbers, to get into the property. But I guess the drone saw that too. The guy's boat, trailer, and all kinds of stuff were stolen.
I'm gonna get me a shot gun. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread