Floating around facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

this is my name

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2014
North Little Rock, AR, USA
I don't wanna be this guy but the commenters have a point. When he finally furnished the pics of the mod in question, it doesn't look like it would have caused those injuries. It looks to have been blown right out of the middle of the mod. Doesn't look at all like it could've been the cause of a rod shaped burn. the way it looks, he should've also had a pretty nasty hand injury.

And btw, that looked like an Atlantis/4nine combo. Not a tobh

Reactions: Izan

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I don't wanna be this guy but the commenters have a point. When he finally furnished the pics of the mod in question, it doesn't look like it would have caused those injuries. It looks to have been blown right out of the middle of the mod. Doesn't look at all like it could've been the cause of a rod shaped burn. the way it looks, he should've also had a pretty nasty hand injury.

And btw, that looked like an Atlantis/4nine combo. Not a tobh

Where is everyone finding the photo's of the the 4Nine he had? If it was an Atlantis, it is completely user error (not that I'm doubting it was user error) as they should never be used on a hybrid mod.

Hydroscopic

Mar 6, 2015
United States
Where is everyone finding the photo's of the the 4Nine he had?

People are going off the image included in the Facebook post.
"Travis" (The alleged victim.) replied stating it was a "floating firing pin tank" and a "4nine".

There is a bit of a flame war going on in that reply thread. The entire reply section itself is a wreck. You can tell more than a few posts were deleted as it isn't a flowing conversation. Supposedly there was a post made about use of a gun and blanks that was deleted by Travis. Someone supposedly posted a reply in theory about using gun blanks and blaming ecigs to keep from getting a psych eval that was supposedly deleted. A reply made mention to a comment supposedly made about a 'regulated RDA' by Travis which may have been deleted as it isn't there now.

Everyone is calling for him to post a pic of his hand and/or the mod to show the damage. He never posted it in the shared reply. Someone linked to the pics. His personal Facebook is restricted not even showing the post he wanted shared. He never replied to the original thread after, or if he had, he has deleted the replies. Instead someone that supposedly had access to his Facebook replied with this:

MnFWVMb.png

If it was an Atlantis, it is completely user error (not that I'm doubting it was user error) as they should never be used on a hybrid mod.

He never stated which type of tank. Just that it was a tank. Surmise what you will from the images above.

Ha! I take it that you haven't seen the Aspire page response?
They offered the guy a free CF battery stating it has protection for "newbies".

ftTUPBp.png

I know Aspire means well on the customer service front, but I wouldn't send that guy anything if I were them. He strikes me as the type that could eventually try to sue. Or misuse the new equipment and sue. Potentially stage another accident and sue. A lot isn't right with the story. If I ran a company I wouldn't touch something like that with a ten foot pole. The liability exposure is blindingly obvious and the customer service benefits do not outweigh the risk.

I'm not sure how they plan to win over vapers with shares of exploded mods, but damn it, they're trying! - I'm guessing this is a cultural misunderstanding more than a failure to use logic. :lol:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
He never stated which type of tank. Just that it was a tank. Surmise what you will from the images above.

Ha! I take it that you haven't seen the Aspire page response?
They offered the guy a free CF battery stating it has protection for "newbies".

Thanks for posting!

I hadn't seen their response, but I agree that they should not get involved.

Judging by the design of the sleeve over the tank, it was an Aspire tank. And because he was using it on a Mech, I would assume it's the Atlantis. If so, the 510 pin doesn't extrude enough from the connection to be used on a hybrid. There have been a few cases of Atlantii (Atlantis plural? lol) shorting on Hybrids. As I look at the photo's more and more, that base is definitely from an Atlantis.

What happened to it originally being a Tobh? A regulated RDA? Derp.

I still don't believe it. I, like everyone else, want to see his hand.

Reactions: KattMamma

Hydroscopic

Mar 6, 2015
United States
I still don't believe it. I, like everyone else, want to see his hand.
Agreed.
I hadn't seen their response, but I agree that they should not get involved.
I still doubt his injuries were caused by a mod. Even if his injuries were from venting, he shouldn't be rewarded. From his replies, and the replies of his friends on his behalf, he thinks he did no wrong and it is the fault of the products.

If Aspire wants to risk getting sued and being muddied by someone misusing their devices, it is not like I can stop them.

Essentially this was user error if you go only on what Travis described.
/Which his story has more holes than Swiss cheese, but I digress.

guambred

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
Guam, USA
I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. The way I see it, if it was a battery vent, the hot gasses would have to go around the base of the atty/tank, converge through the AFC and jet out through the drip tip. seeing how neither a Tobh, nor the pictured atty/tank have a bottom AFC inlet under the base I don't see how this is possible. I would expect burns around the face and hand, his mustache is still in one piece. I stand by my first guess that he was messing around with a Starter pistol and used the mod as an excuse for the injuries. The burns are just to focused, the chipped teeth suggestive of recoil, and lips look bruised more than burnt.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
This thing smells to high heaven.

Look at the burn marks on his tongue. The sides are straight, not at all like flames expanding from a mod could possibly be, they would flare out. And they appear to be about the width of an 18650 mod, but how would the flames come out in that shape, when they need to get past the head (which, if the picture of the pieces is to be believed, still is intact, including the base and drip-tip)? The broken-down mod clearly shows signs of a battery failure, but you can still see the wide-open vent holes in the side of it.

And the dated picture? 12:02 AM? Was he tested for alcohol/drugs after the incident? Looks like a drunken dare gone bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread