Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I'm not real sure poobear. I've been wondering the same thing.
LaieA_041.gif

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Can't really say I'm all that surprised.... Since April of last year a lot of cracks started to show in the V4l armor so to speak, and since November it's been downright uncommunicative (save the slight increase there in December, but nothing like it used to be). What was once a company that prided itself on constant contact with it's customers and innovation, it has become a complete 180 of what it once stood for. No new product in over a year, last new product being the disposables, and silence.... I'm sad to see the company that I started with and helped me through a lot of issues in my life (namely Loki's surgeries) come to this point, but again can't say I'm all that surprised........

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
If you check their site, they have had their own VBS forum set up there for quite a while and the new liaison has been quite active - over there. So it looks like the plan is to abandon their ECF supplier forum in favor of running their own.

Only problem with that is it may limit their exposure and forum use to... only the existing customer database.

So - meh.

Roccov

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2012
Philly
vaporreporter.wordpress.com
If you check their site, they have had their own VBS forum set up there for quite a while and the new liaison has been quite active - over there. So it looks like the plan is to abandon their ECF supplier forum in favor of running their own.

Only problem with that is it may limit their exposure and forum use to... only the existing customer database.

So - meh.

That site has been up four years now and Smilin has never posted there. I was on that forum about a year before I started here on ECF. It use to be a very supportive and encouraging place that had dozens of post a day, now it's lucky to get 3 a week. Even if that is their new strategy they should honor the agreement with ECF and pay the bill. Not to even reply to e-mails about the situation is cowardly IMO and I suspect that this has been going on for awhile now. I'm guessing that the ECF only posted this as an effort of last resort. Enjoy the day!:2cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Stegle

Stegle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Portland,Oregon
That site has been up four years now and Smilin has never posted there. I was on that forum about a year before I started here on ECF. It use to be a very supportive and encouraging place that had dozens of post a day, now it's lucky to get 3 a week. Even if that is their new strategy they should honor the agreement with ECF and pay the bill. Not to even reply to e-mails about the situation is cowardly IMO and I suspect that this has been going on for awhile now. I'm guessing that the ECF only posted this as an effort of last resort. Enjoy the day!:2cool:

I believe it was you that posted to me on their forum "they're a dinosaur"... Well even if it wasn't you, that quote is surely true.
I had so many issues with problem batteries and "smileomizers" that I gave up on them after being an almost 5 year customer. When they told me my problems were user error and wouldn't honor the warranty for several Zeus batts, I said good luck and goodbye. Sad really that they've become what they have.
Cheers old timers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread