Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Link to what you're looking at Jax? (we poor people like to dream)

There really isn't a link per se as they are not sold in B&Ms. Just search Gepetto Elite V2 mod.

Glad you mentioned a link BNEAT I was wondering what a "stab wood mod" is also. :)

Stabilized Wood Mod.

"...A nagging problem with some handle materials, especially ivory, horn and wood, is a tendency to shrink and warp because of different humidities in various parts of the country...

...The solution is to stabilize the applicable handle materials so they can't dry out...

...Two-part process requires applying acrylic resins to a handle material followed by a curing period. The result is a water-resistant, harder-than-untreated wood that can be machined and drilled, and that can be polished to any finish you'd put on steel, from satin to a high gloss..."

Hey Jax
How about something like these?

This one is a DNA40 made of Curly Tiger Maple with Black Maple Sides.
View attachment 457657

That looks nice LJF. What is it?

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Ok.I didn't want to let this secret out but I guess I should have thought of that before I posted the pics! :facepalm:
These are Redsky Mods. The larger DNA40 is called a Destroyer for tanks. The sqounker is called a Cutlass. He also makes them in mech. Those are the Maurader for tanks and the Cruiser for sqounking. He also makes desk caddys.

He just made a batch of mods that are up on ECF but there are few left. He is a one man operation so they are not up often and you need to check his ECF thread to see when he is making a new batch. The Destroyer and Cutlass come in both DNA40 and DNA30. He stuff is great quality and are great looking to boot!

Here is the latest link for the ECF thread:
RSM - Exotic wood PV's & desk caddies - Part 3 | Page 138 | E-Cigarette Forum

Here is his website:
Welcome to Red Sky Mods -

Maybe I'll catch you there. Enjoy!

Finally pulled the trigger last night on an authentic red vapor flask and love it. Was difficult at best to justify paying the $300 for a long time, but glad I did now. My sx mini m and rdna sharky are finally getting a rest. I do have one question for my fellow flask owners out there. Few minutes ago I went to charge for the first time and noticed the charge port is loose and wobbly. Do any of you guys have this issue? Not sure if I should be concerned as I do charge most my batteries out of the devices in a luc- v4 anyway. I really love the feel of this little rascal and can't seem to put it down.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Finally pulled the trigger last night on an authentic red vapor flask and love it. Was difficult at best to justify paying the $300 for a long time, but glad I did now. My sx mini m and rdna sharky are finally getting a rest. I do have one question for my fellow flask owners out there. Few minutes ago I went to charge for the first time and noticed the charge port is loose and wobbly. Do any of you guys have this issue? Not sure if I should be concerned as I do charge most my batteries out of the devices in a luc- v4 anyway. I really love the feel of this little rascal and can't seem to put it down.
Mine is very "wobbly" too, but I use it every night without any problem. I have no desire to remove my batteries...ever!

I do remove them every now and then to confirm that they're discharging at the same rate, but other than that, they never leave their snug little homes.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Mine is very "wobbly" too, but I use it every night without any problem. I have no desire to remove my batteries...ever!

I do remove them every now and then to confirm that they're discharging at the same rate, but other than that, they never leave their snug little homes.

BNEAT,

Wobbly has been since day one and was quit the issue for a time. Then VF said it was to allow venting of the bats - wont to by some swamp land. ;)

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
BNEAT,

Wobbly has been since day one and was quit the issue for a time. Then VF said it was to allow venting of the bats - wont to by some swamp land. ;)
Swamp land huh? I've always wanted to get closer to nature :D

The WGU Club Co-Founder

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Swamp land huh? I've always wanted to get closer to nature :D

The WGU Club Co-Founder

By the way I lived in and worked in the swamps of Louisiana believe me that is closer to nature than I ever want to get again.

One other thing on the USB port it is not actually the port that is loose. The USB port connector is firmly attached to a postage stamp size circuit board and the board is slid into the plastic sled which doesn't hold the circuit board very firmly. Short story the whole USB board is loose in the holder which shouldn't cause any harm (it is not like the USB connections to the board are wiggly and going to break given enough time).

By the way I lived in and worked in the swamps of Louisiana believe me that is closer to nature than I ever want to get again.

One other thing on the USB port it is not actually the port that is loose. The USB port connector is firmly attached to a postage stamp size circuit board and the board is slid into the plastic sled which doesn't hold the circuit board very firmly. Short story the whole USB board is loose in the holder which shouldn't cause any harm (it is not like the USB connections to the board are wiggly and going to break given enough time).
That's good to know, I can tell the craftsmanship of this device is better than most of my mods. I really want the 5 pawns edition now. I have the fever.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I do have one question for my fellow flask owners out there. Few minutes ago I went to charge for the first time and noticed the charge port is loose and wobbly. Do any of you guys have this issue? Not sure if I should be concerned as I do charge most my batteries out of the devices in a luc- v4 anyway.

It's attached to a plastic sled. The area where the sled sits does not connect to the body where the USB is. Unfortunately, this is normal.

vfusb2.jpg

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
I've been trying too resist the VF, but my heart wasn't in it.

So when I discovered a local vape store here in Kuala Lumpur selling the DNA40 I had to have it.

Went down there this evening and paid $310 USD, so I'm really hoping I've got an original and not some clone - but this is Asia!

I'm hoping you good people of the VF thread could confirm what I have.

The build quality is great and the battery covers line up, but what's bothering me is there is no VF logo above the USB.

Also the fire button, which is fine, doesn't take much pressure to push. I'd call it very light, but I remember PBUSARIO saying it was a very firm stiff button.

Here's some Pic's hope you can help:

IMG_20150608_205008_edit.jpg

IMG_20150608_194727_edit.jpg

IMG_20150608_194713_edit.jpg

IMG_20150608_194653_edit.jpg

IMG_20150608_194639_edit.jpg

IMG_20150608_194551_edit.jpg

IMG_20150608_194506_edit.jpg

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
Temptation was to great for me too. I don't have a Logo above my USB port either. Vapor Flask, I believe, only started putting the logo above the USB a short time ago. So not having it shouldn't worry you.

I would say my fire button is light on the press too. From what I can see, I would say you have an original. I've had my Flask for several months now and I'm still in awe.

Congrats and enjoy!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread