* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
@awsum140 . . .

Northern Mockingbird

northern-mockingbird-id.jpg

Northern Mockingbird, Identification, All About Birds - Cornell Lab of Ornithology

330px-Mimus_polyglottos_adult_02_cropped.jpg

EDIT: Okay "Sandy" posted before I finished creating the collage and posting, however it took "Me" a long time to Photoshop the pictures to show Ya' - so I'm leaving it as is . . . :img:

Hey Everyone!! I'm probably not going to multi-quote because I have too much to catch up on. Uncle is right. It's a Northern Mockingbird. A catbird is a type of mockingbird, but a mockingbird is not necessarily a catbird. This isn't a catbird. Kinda like a poodle is a type of dog, but not every dog is a poodle. :blink: :lol:

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
I'm not sure if I got everyone's posts read or not. My brain is scrambled. After I posted the above comment, I thought it sent me back to where I was, but I can't be sure. I blame low potassium. At least, that's what my doctor said that my labs say. Apparently, he can't refill my Copaxone prescription until I get my potassium level up. Sooo ... I researched the heck out of the most potassium rich foods and now I'm living on them. Nothing quite like devouring a 1/4 cup of tomato paste or taking a tablespoon of black strap molasses right from the jar. Daily. Yuck! But stress can cause your potassium levels to drop, which makes you feel rotten which causes more stress which causes your potassium to drop more. :blink:

Okay - gotta try to update here:

My future daughter in law had the surgery on her shoulder. She recovering well and now off of the pain-killers. They fixed a slap tear with two screws into the bone. Poor thing. She's in the beefiest sling I've ever seen. Looks like she's packin' a machine gun.

I spent last weekend helping my BF get some crops in. Funny that y'all were discussing knowing when enough is enough as far as heat goes. Guess I got too much and didn't know better. BF took me back to his place and parked my droopy carcass in a recliner while he finished up. We got some stuff done here at my place too and delivered an old Murray riding mower to Terry for a project. She's got her work cut out for her with that old beast. :laugh:

I went to visit her yesterday and we got to "talk vape". It's so nice having someone that understands the language! It was a fun visit. 'Course, visits with Terry are always fun. :)

Last evening and today I devoted to just doing things that I actually wanted to do. What a novel concept! Working on robots is cathartic for me. I discovered earlier that Snowflake's gearbox was compacted with mastiff hair so badly that it melted the casing holding a couple of the gear spindles in place. After a thorough cleaning and compressed air treatment, I replaced the module and sent him off to merrily clean my foyer and hall. Such a feeling of accomplishment!! :w00t: So today I tore up Fluffy right down to the motherboard and blew it out, cleaned hair off of spindles and rollers, cleaned sensors, and finally determined that it required a new battery in addition to the cleaning. Of course. :rolleyes:

The next few days will be spent preparing to travel to my sister's memorial in Ohio. So much to pack! Mostly vape stuff. :laugh: I'll be bringing my sister home with me for a few days after the memorial. I got her started on vaping (long distance) years ago. Challenging because she's legally blind. And she makes her own DIY eliquid! :ohmy:

Good to hear from you, Tritium and I'm glad that your duck is better, Duck Lady. Don't wear yourselves out too much Awsum and Lizzie. Good to see you here again, Cindy. It's been awhile. Hope that everyone is feeling well and getting good weather and is enjoying their present weather. I know my sister Nancy is gonna be glad to escape the torrential rains of Texas for a few days!

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Bananas, baked potatoes and Gatorade will help get your potassium back up, too, and taste better than straight Black Strap Molasses. You can always put that molasses in some oatmeal cookies, too, LOL. Don't forget to garnish the baked potato with sour cream and chives...and maybe bacon bits.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Keep slamming the potassium rich foods, Raven.

Sounds like you have been busier than me:)

Hope the memorial goes well for you. Seeing family can be nice and stressful.

Oh, I intend to keep knockin' back the potassium sources. But ... why is it that potassium rich foods have to be stuff that I don't normally like? I don't do dairy or nuts. Beet greens? Really?!?! Prune juice or dried prunes, soy beans, lentils, cooked plantains? No way, Jose. There's some really awful stuff at the top of the list of foods that have the most potassium. Just sayin'. :glare:

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Oh, I intend to keep knockin' back the potassium sources. But ... why is it that potassium rich foods have to be stuff that I don't normally like? I don't do dairy or nuts. Beet greens? Really?!?! Prune juice or dried prunes, soy beans, lentils, cooked plantains? No way, Jose. There's some really awful stuff at the top of the list of foods that have the most potassium. Just sayin'. :glare:

I agree although I at least find prunes to be edible unlike most of the rest of that list:) Not that I love them.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Bananas, baked potatoes and Gatorade will help get your potassium back up, too, and taste better than straight Black Strap Molasses. You can always put that molasses in some oatmeal cookies, too, LOL. Don't forget to garnish the baked potato with sour cream and chives...and maybe bacon bits.

Bananas will only last one or two days at the level of ripeness that I can stand to eat them. I can only stomach them when the peels still have some green. After that, they smell and taste like acetone! But I had two for dinner last night. The black strap molasses will give me 498 mg at only 47 calories. You put that in cookies, the calorie level will increase substantially. I have to watch my girlish figure! :laugh: I'm gonna have that baked potato with sour cream for dinner. Sour cream, yogurt, and cheeses are the only dairy items that don't give me ... issues.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Yeah the calorie count goes up in those oatmeal cookie but it's hard to beat a nice, warm, chocolate chip/walnut/raisin oatmeal cookie. I make triple batches and freeze the dough in logs, hot oatmeal cookies whenever the urge hits. Unfortunately for my waistline that urge seems to hit little too often, but then again think of the fiber you're getting.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I'm not sure if I got everyone's posts read or not. My brain is scrambled. After I posted the above comment, I thought it sent me back to where I was, but I can't be sure. I blame low potassium. At least, that's what my doctor said that my labs say. Apparently, he can't refill my Copaxone prescription until I get my potassium level up. Sooo ... I researched the heck out of the most potassium rich foods and now I'm living on them. Nothing quite like devouring a 1/4 cup of tomato paste or taking a tablespoon of black strap molasses right from the jar. Daily. Yuck! But stress can cause your potassium levels to drop, which makes you feel rotten which causes more stress which causes your potassium to drop more. :blink:
mcdonalds-ff.jpg

mmmmmmm! Any ole excuse to eat these! :laugh:

And even just 1 Tbsp of ketchup has 54mg of potassium! :lol:

Last edited:

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Then how about banana bread after they pass that level?

Love me some banana bread. You can put them in the freezer when they get too ripe and then take out 4 or 5 of them when you collect that many and make banana bread.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Good morning, Voltpeeps.

Lots to do today. Must finish the irrigation system. Will be heading towards 90 for the next several days.

Also. I have plants that need to go in.

My helper will be here after her half day at school. That means I can get a lot done. I might see if she is available for tomorrow as well.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Ouch. I wouldn't want to be out planting or working on an irrigation system in 90 degrees. You must be tough stock! I've still got a couple of blueberry bushes to put in the ground along with a lily for beneath my late husband's memorial plaque. But ... I don't wanna. :facepalm: What I really don't want to do, but must do today, is pay the bills.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
moanin', Voltville.

I'm putting off the bills until Sunday when it's supposed to rain, which seems ironic "sun" day. I'll be weeding and working on my topsoil project today. Supposed to get to the mid 80's which isn't too bad but with three feet of sunshine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread