Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Yes, I do have a couple of Erlks and like them a lot. They are a bit trickier to wick; wicked like a KFL, they leak like a sieve! :). The trick is very broad shoulders and very thin wicks in the channels. Thin as in 1/4 the width of the shoulders, at most. I make my first cut to half way in on each shoulder. Then I cut 1/2 of the remaining shoulder off. (Sounds like orthopedic surgery, doesn't it! :)). The part of the wick in the channels should barely touch the deck. They will be so thin that you'll think they won't wick. But they will!

You may want to look at pics much further in on the Erl thread -- pretty close to the end, actually. The wicking that Qorax did initially is not favored by many. Pretty sure that he doesn't do it the same way, anymore.

Hope you like them!

Thanks @LittleBird , I check out the 'end/recent' posts in the ERL thread (I'm assuming you mean the one Qorax started). Actually is was a comparison between the Erl and the ErlP Qorax did, the help me decide on going w/ the Prinz and saving a bundles as I want to pickup 2 of them. Had to find decent RBAs for a 20mm mech mod and the Erl's are 21mm about as close as I've found to 20mm.

Well....it's morning for this nocturnal person....lol

So glad to be back. I still haven't gone to the fancy little gourmet breakfast cafe down on the corner from me. Something just too lonesome about a single person in a place like that, and too expensive for my budget without a special reason to go there, so........if you and Mike ever make it over this way I can still hobble that far to meet up with ya'.....:)

Oh yeah! I forgot we're relatively close. Next we the contractor comes to tear our the kitchen to begin the remodeling job. That's supposed to take at least 3 weeks. Maybe coming for a visit will help us pass one of the days while the house is a shambles during the remodel.

I had a strange and interesting dream yesterday morning. Is anyone interested in hearing about it? Lol. I don't do that. I tell you something if I want to, and I want to. So, calling all Freuds!

morning of 5/27/2015 about 8 am

Reality:

I'm drifting back to sleep after being up for an hour or so. I'm watching the “House” episode where the Aussie doc gets stabbed. I have a sore and raw place on my upper back near the cyst that the dermatologist told me just a couple months ago was nothing to worry about.

The dream:

I'm in a hospital emergency room to have something on my back checked out. I'm in the waiting room. We're all told we have to move for some reason to another place in the hospital. To get there we have to go up a couple floors on escalators that are not running, so they are like regular stairs.

I brought my motor scooter into the emergency room with me for some reason, probably because I was afraid it would get stolen if I left it outside. I debate whether to leave it in the ER or take it with me to the new location we've been told to go to. I decide to try and see if I can wrestle the scooter up the stairs. I find that I am able to negotiate it up the stairs, with difficulty, by lifting the front wheel up onto each step. Then someone comes along behind me and lifts up the back of the scooter, making it much easier. They have the end which is not only lower but heavier too, but they handle it fairly easily.

In the new location in the hospital, the scooter is no longer a part of the dream.

I'm on my back on a gurney that has open spaces in the support surface. A nurse or doc asks me how I'm doing and I say the gurney is not supporting me properly. He or she adjusts the wide strips of support material, which are able to slide on the side rails of the gurney, until I'm being properly supported.

A doctor or two and a nurse or two briefly examine my back, maybe do a biopsy or something, and go away. They return shortly. A couple of them are talking to each other but not loud enough for me to hear. Still, I know they're saying something about me. I ask “what is it?” and a doctor who has an uncanny resemblance to the Aussie doc in “House” (accent too) looks into my eyes for a second, as if determining whether to tell me.

Aussie doc then tells me: “Your back is fine, nothing to worry about. The strange thing is there was a 2 year old who died from an infection that you got from a mosquito. You fought it off fine but the 2 year old could not.”

I said: “Well, I guess I can't have any fun, since the FBI now has my DNA profile.”

Aussie doc smiles wryly and kindly and says "that's right". ------end of dream------

Simple and rationale explanation. One of your pet rocks you through at a pesky ground hog in the back yard is still out there hidden by the tall grass. So you're supposed to be careful on your next mowing so you don't damage the blades on your mower deck. :D

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Well, the motor scooter is clearly some current problem that, with some help, will disappear.

"Aussie doc then tells me: “Your back is fine, nothing to worry about. The strange thing is there was a 2 year old who died from an infection that you got from a mosquito. You fought it off fine but the 2 year old could not.”"

Not at all sure why the poor kid died from you getting mosquito bit...

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Speaking of bites, last week Monday I believe, something bit me. 2 small puncture bites. Not a tick, found no sign of ticks. Figured misquito or something. On the right side of my torso. Didn't really bother me so thought nothing of it.

Fast forward to last Wed (last week, not yesterday - two days later), the itching started. By Thursday one bite was swollen about the size of a walnut, the other was still small, but red and yecky. Was putting hydrocortisone cream on, but it did nothing. Found some "hot spot" spray in my doggie first aid kit and used it.

By Saturday some of the redness and swelling was down, but still very inflamed. Fast forward to yesterday, my right arm is sore and the lymph glands in my armpit are slightly swollen and very sore.

Today I really felt bad. Tired, achey, generally like crap. I went to a CVS Minute Clinic. The nurse practioner was very nice, gave me a thorough exam. Don't know what bit me (suspect a spider). Put me on doxycycline and a steroid salve for the itching and inflammation.

Hope I feel better in a day or so.. But watch out for those bug bites.

Edit I was taking benadryl during the day but can't take it at night. Helped a little, but not enough.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
oh dang hun, hope you do also! Jup nuttin to ignore, never know when it's a brown recluse or something that really need attn!

bells........you're no longer allowed to tell jokes, or stories about dreams!!! :laugh:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Is anyone interested in hearing about it? Lol. I don't do that. I tell you something if I want to, and I want to. So, calling all Freuds!

Well, since ya didn't wait for our Cannes Festival responses...

morning of 5/27/2015 about 8 am

Reality: <OK, if ya say so; your story...>
I'm drifting back to sleep after being up for an hour or so. I'm watching the “House” episode where the Aussie doc gets stabbed. I have a sore and raw place on my upper back near the cyst that the dermatologist told me just a couple months ago was nothing to worry about.

The dream:
I'm in a hospital emergency room to have something on my back checked out. <Da Tea Party?> I'm in the waiting room. We're all told we have to move for some reason to another place in the hospital. <ECF software update?> To get there we have to go up a couple floors on escalators that are not running, so they are like regular stairs. <Yepper, gotta put in some effort to reach a higher level; especially when da 'powers' fail ya.>

I brought my motor scooter into the emergency room with me for some reason, probably because I was afraid it would get stolen if I left it outside. <Yepper, I'm scared of da IRS also.> I debate whether to leave it in the ER or take it with me to the new location we've been told to go to. I decide to try and see if I can wrestle the scooter up the stairs. I find that I am able to negotiate it up the stairs, with difficulty, by lifting the front wheel up onto each step. Then someone comes along behind me and lifts up the back of the scooter, making it much easier. <Ah ha, da Porchers prevail!> They have the end which is not only lower but heavier too, but they handle it fairly easily. <We try...>

In the new location in the hospital, the scooter is no longer a part of the dream.

I'm on my back on a gurney that has open spaces in the support surface. <Note above 'power' failure> A nurse or doc asks me how I'm doing and I say the gurney is not supporting me properly. He or she adjusts the wide strips of support material, which are able to slide on the side rails of the gurney, until I'm being properly supported. <Was dat adjustment from da left to right, or derriere to tète?>

A doctor or two and a nurse or two briefly examine my back, maybe do a biopsy or something, and go away. They return shortly. A couple of them are talking to each other but not loud enough for me to hear. Still, I know they're saying something about me. I ask “what is it?” and a doctor who has an uncanny resemblance to the Aussie doc in “House” (accent too) looks into my eyes for a second, as if determining whether to tell me.

Aussie doc then tells me: “Your back is fine, nothing to worry about. The strange thing is there was a 2 year old who died from an infection that you got from a mosquito. You fought it off fine but the 2 year old could not.” <OK, dat one is fer you to ponder...>

I said: “Well, I guess I can't have any fun, since the FBI now has my DNA profile.” <Sure ya can! You're on da porch NOW!>

Aussie doc smiles wryly and kindly and says "that's right, mate". ------end of dream------

Dave, ya gotta quit enjoying your vinegar tequila Margarita coffee beans in da morn (or all night)!
BigGrin-1.gif

Seriously, I have weirder dreams da dat!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Speaking of bites, last week Monday I believe...

Fast forward to last Wed (last week, not yesterday - two days later)... By Thursday one bite was swollen about the size of a walnut, the other was still small, but red and yecky.

Apparently, a small dose. But da lymph node would worry moi. Dat's a major interior InnerState hiway!

Heal quickly!!!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Speaking of bites, last week Monday I believe, something bit me. 2 small puncture bites. Not a tick, found no sign of ticks. Figured misquito or something. On the right side of my torso. Didn't really bother me so thought nothing of it.

Fast forward to last Wed (last week, not yesterday - two days later), the itching started. By Thursday one bite was swollen about the size of a walnut, the other was still small, but red and yecky. Was putting hydrocortisone cream on, but it did nothing. Found some "hot spot" spray in my doggie first aid kit and used it.

By Saturday some of the redness and swelling was down, but still very inflamed. Fast forward to yesterday, my right arm is sore and the lymph glands in my armpit are slightly swollen and very sore.

Today I really felt bad. Tired, achey, generally like crap. I went to a CVS Minute Clinic. The nurse practioner was very nice, gave me a thorough exam. Don't know what bit me (suspect a spider). Put me on doxycycline and a steroid salve for the itching and inflammation.

Edit I was taking benadryl during the day but can't take it at night. Helped a little, but not enough.

Yikes! Couldn't click like on that post. Hope it clears up fast now that you have some meds.

Been watching the Scripps Spelling Bee for the past couple hours. Seems unlikely that either of these final two contestants are going to miss before the word list is exhausted.

Scherenschnitte was just spelled correctly.

I know what that is. Janet used to do that. But no way I could spell it.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Clnire, I'm glad you went in about that bite. I was thinking "spider bite," as well ... infected spider bite. Can you take something like Advil PM to help you to sleep?

My problem with those sleeping aids is it is dyphenhydromine - or however it's spelled, aka benadryl. Wires me and gives me shakes at night. But I do have another over the counter sleeping aid that helps. Can't think of the name, but it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread