MVP Owners Group-into the next generation…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I really like me my rubber sleeve. It makes it much more tactile and "softens" the device. Only 5 bucks. INNOKIN iTASTE MVP SLEEVES - MADTOWN VAPOR

I really like the protection of the silicone sleeves on box mods however I am starting to question a few things. Will a sleeve reduce heat dissipation? Hamper the removal of a battery quickly in the event of a runaway? Depending on the design of the sleeve reduce or totally block venting?

Reactions: caroloto

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I really like the protection of the silicone sleeves on box mods however I am starting to question a few things. Will a sleeve reduce heat dissipation? Hamper the removal of a battery quickly in the event of a runaway? Depending on the design of the sleeve reduce or totally block venting?

Well, it may hamper the quick removal of the battery on the MVP because it covers the four screw heads on each end that must be removed to remove the top caps that let you in to remove the board so you can get to......umm actually, no, I don't think it is a problem.

:)

Actually the one problem I have found with them is occasionally it will bunch up at the connector when screwed down and block the air hole on my Kayfun. I just have to be careful when I put it on.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
yikes. There's thousands of pages on MVP's. I've never had one but my neighbor was just PIF'd a MVP 11 watts and I'm helping him out with it. ha-ha-ha. He was also given a Aerotank Mega. Fine, I figured out what U and P meant and ran through a tank, refilled and now I'm getting an error code. The tank looks fine, coil is secure and it appears to be connecting ...

I'm kinda stumped. I'm not a huge fan of the mega tank anyway so I went ahead and ordered him some evod glassomizers and coils. He's leaving on a 2 month vacation in a few days so it'd be nice to get him comfortable with it first, yet I feel like I'm dealing with an alien since I'm clueless about the MVP.

Any words of advice?

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I'm trying to remember, I think it was NON or turn it the other way and it was UOU. :D
I assumed that mean no connection, but I sure couldn't find it.

I'm going over to try the new clearo's on it. That was all I could think of.

I probably should have asked first, but I assumed the evods would work well @ 1.5 ohm. He has a hard time inhaling the vapor without choking since he's new at this.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Sounds like you have an mvp two. They were notorious for a center pin that does not spring back properly. I have a tutorial in my blogs on how to fix this. The forum software change kind of put some holes in it but there is still plenty of info to give you an idea on how to lift the center pin.

Fixing The MVP/VV3 Contact Issues - a guide | E-Cigarette Forum

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I'm trying to remember, I think it was NON or turn it the other way and it was UOU. :D
I assumed that mean no connection, but I sure couldn't find it.

I'm going over to try the new clearo's on it. That was all I could think of.

I probably should have asked first, but I assumed the evods would work well @ 1.5 ohm. He has a hard time inhaling the vapor without choking since he's new at this.

Hi aikanae.

I had trouble with aero megas: As Capt. mentioned, the center pin on the MVP could be pushed in--but you should also check the center pin on the mega airflow base. On my megas, I had to push the center pin out a little....

And the evods will work just fine on the MVP 2. :)

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
It should. The shine is just a pretty face on the standard MVP. If you have the jewels on it, it may cause bumps. For a buck it is worth a try.

While you are there they have the MVP 20W on sale for 24.97 and 10%off with code TROOPS

I just got me a 2nd MVP 20W at Vapor Beast. $22.47 shipped. Can't beat that for what you're getting! :thumbs:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Hi aikanae.

I had trouble with aero megas: As Capt. mentioned, the center pin on the MVP could be pushed in--but you should also check the center pin on the mega airflow base. On my megas, I had to push the center pin out a little....

And the evods will work just fine on the MVP 2. :)

Well, to make me feel like an utter fool, when I went back over the MVP started right up and performed like a champ as if nothing had ever been a problem. :facepalm: I think my neighbor's inherited a device with a personality. I'm so glad I got him the evods. They are going to be much easier for him to manage when he's on his own.

Reactions: CountBoredom

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
Well, to make me feel like an utter fool, when I went back over the MVP started right up and performed like a champ as if nothing had ever been a problem. :facepalm: I think my neighbor's inherited a device with a personality. I'm so glad I got him the evods. They are going to be much easier for him to manage when he's on his own.
Typical. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread