Just spilled my whole bottle of Vanilla Custard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
LOL yeah, I figured that! no I thought someone might have figured out a way to prevent accidents from happening. Sometimes I lose the feeling in my hands. (carpel tunnel) so I was pretty ...... when it toppled over. I managed to save about a ml before it all spilled out but thats not nearly enough to make the juice I want :(

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
Get a blunt nosed, screw on needle cap bottle for it. Most decent B&M stores carry them for under a dollar. I did that one time, with a brand new $24 bottle of Friend vs Faux's Orange Sticky Roll. Totally know how you feel..:-x

EZ-Fill Blunt Needle 10ml
Like this..
Good idea, but I use syringes to measure so I'd still have to take the cap off the bottle :( I thought about finding a tin lid and some hard foam and cutting holes in it to fit my bottles in snug so they wont tip but my luck I would accidentally knock the entire tray over.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
A piece of wood with holes drilled to hold my various items for mixing. Several small holes for the little vials from wizard labs. Several bigger holes for the larger bottles and a couple of large wholes for the 4 ounce bottles. A 16 inch piece of 2x4 works nicely. Or several small pieces would also work for a tight workspace.

I use it as much to organize my mixing as to avoid spills.

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
I saw someone made a stand out of something like styrofoam - it held all their bottles while mixing. Pretty cool. Me, I just mix on my desk, with my laptop right there, sometimes with a bottle right on top of it. Keeps me extra careful...

thats how I mix too! my recipes are on my comp so mixing right at my desk is ideal although my desk is not very large. I think I will give the hard foam a try. I might even attach a bit of velcro to my desk to keep from accidentally knocking the tray over but still moving it when i need to :)

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Lucky it was only an 8ml bottle.

I think the 30ml bottle of blueberry I flung across the room remained an odor for 6 months. And it was a good reminder to test the plunger of every syringe BEFORE sticking it in a bottle and pulling the plunger. Catapults still work no matter the scale...

Not being able to make your juice, that just plain sucks.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I have a "lab" set up in my bedroom on the vanity. While mixing last night I was thinking of what I could do to help with mixing the juice. Like you, I also have sporadic issues with the first 3 fingers on my right hand and worry about spillage. Great suggestions that are going to be put in place. So sorry to hear of the loss of your juice.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Sorry to hear about the loss! I worry about that too - but so far the only thing I've knocked over is a bottle of juice, not any flavors (yet). I have RA (including carpal tunnel symptoms) so I completely understand! Hubby does some woodworking, so I think I'll ask him to make something for me!

@Hoosier - thanks for the reminder to test syringes. I'm not sure how it caused a launch, but I will be testing from now on to prevent it! lol

Reactions: ellejewell

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
Lucky it was only an 8ml bottle.

I think the 30ml bottle of blueberry I flung across the room remained an odor for 6 months. And it was a good reminder to test the plunger of every syringe BEFORE sticking it in a bottle and pulling the plunger. Catapults still work no matter the scale...

Not being able to make your juice, that just plain sucks.

True, I just upgraded to 30mls and my vapemail should arrive today and I definitely do not want those tipping over or catapulting for that matter!

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
Seriously though, it is just one more reason to look in to weight based mixing. It is just so much easier and neater. I have VG.PG, and nick in squeeze bottles and my flavors are plastic with drip tips or Yorker caps. Easy Peasy.
what do you do for flavors like tfa banana ripe? don't they need to be in glass bottles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread