Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
@retic1959 - that quadcopter said "Suitable for children 14 yrs and up" - that's me! It's also a bit more reasonably priced than the one today - $2,500 for the whole setup.

Did I mention that the screen had a neck strap and sun shield and hung perfectly right in front of him leaving his hands free for flight navigation? ;)
For $2500 it better cook dinner and wash the dishes too ! :)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Bronze, that'll work if you live in the country. But you can't be doing that in the city. But I DO have a pellet/bb gun that needs a little action. If I lived in the country, that would be a whole other level. If you live in the boonies, and you see a drone over your property, it is up to no good. Now if you are just playing around with one, and get the owner's permission, that is not a problem. The bee sound, and hovering, get my dogs worked up into a frenzy, and they won't stop barking. My neighbors can't hear the drone, but they can sure hear my dogs making a heck of a racket out there. Let's just say, I made it known, I don't want that thing on my property anymore. Case closed. LOLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Bronze, that'll work if you live in the country. But you can't be doing that in the city. But I DO have a pellet/bb gun that needs a little action. If I lived in the country, that would be a whole other level. If you live in the boonies, and you see a drone over your property, it is up to no good. Now if you are just playing around with one, and get the owner's permission, that is not a problem. The bee sound, and hovering, get my dogs worked up into a frenzy, and they won't stop barking. My neighbors can't hear the drone, but they can sure hear my dogs making a heck of a racket out there. Let's just say, I made it known, I don't want that thing on my property anymore. Case closed. LOLLLLLLLLLLLL.
Too many weirdos out there and a drone would be their sick tool of choice. I wouldn't think twice about blowing it out of the sky if it were lurking around my house. And because they move, a shot gun would be the best choice for a personal anti-aircraft weapon (short of a surface-to-air missile).

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Eleanor,..it just didn't work out here..I was told a bunch of mess that wasn't true really..Kind of feel betrayed. I would help anyone out of a bad spot,..but I'm not going to be taken advantage of.

I'm sowwy. :(

Drones, bleargh. I'd shoot them down if they were anywhere near me just on principle!

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Congrats on the new toy KK !
Thank you Retic. I am thrilled with it. The plunger makes squonking easier on the arthritis. This mod is just unreal. I wouldn't mind having a few of them. But, I'm real happy with the one. It is so beautiful, I just can't take my eyes off of it.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm sowwy. :(

Drones, bleargh. I'd shoot them down if they were anywhere near me just on principle!
Another reason why I like Ms. Eleanor. A graceful lady fully capable of acting like a commando if the need arises! They don't make them wimpy in the land of Washington do they? :)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Too many weirdos out there and a drone would be their sick tool of choice. I wouldn't think twice about blowing it out of the sky if it were lurking around my house. And because they move, a shot gun would be the best choice for a personal anti-aircraft weapon (short of a surface-to-air missile).
I like the idea of surface to air missiles myself , more of a challenge than a shotgun . If it flys low enough , net it and keep it .

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I like the idea of surface to air missiles myself , more of a challenge than a shotgun . If it flys low enough , net it and keep it .
But you gotta admit it would be fun smoking the thing out of the sky. :D

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
Well I made it home. Got to spend a few hours today with my BFF since 6th grade who just had surgery for breast cancer. She's doing great and I'm so amazed at the grace she is exuding during all of this. She's sore and tired but had enough energy to visit and chat for a bit. I feel much better having now have seen her and her scars and love on her for a bit.

The drive home was lots of traffic and way too long. It's behind me now though and it was a lovely short vacation.

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
On the subject of drones... I think in general they are very cool. However they are absolutely being used in ways that are invasive. Our HOA actually had one that was checking all our backyards for violations. That quickly got voted against and it's not an issue anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread