Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePaladin

Jedi Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Virginia, USA
On the subject of chargers, I am now running two of them--a Nitecore Inteliicharger D4 and an xtar VC2. I got the D4 because it will also charge LiFePo4 and NiMh batteries as well as 18-series IMR. I REALLY like the VC2 because it tells me how efficiently my batteries are being used. Since different mods are in use consistently during the course of the day, it can sometimes be hard for me to tell what has gotten how much use. By being able to see, in mAh, how much charge the individual batteries is taking is a big help toward finding out how well the batteries are performing. I will post some pics in a few...

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
So I just re-wicked the KFL+. I'm definitely getting better at wicking. The bottom piece with the build deck was kind of difficult to uncsrew. Before I put it all back together, I put food grade mineral oil on the threads. One of you suggested that a while back and I stored it in my memory banks for future reference.

Carry on remembering cars of past and fields of dreams!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Carry on remembering cars of past and fields of dreams!
Say it int so, Joe!

th

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Looking to convert a coworker this weekend ... sending this home with him this weekend.

Provari, 3 batteries, charger and 2 freshly loaded IBTanks with a couple of my ADVs made @ 18mg.

View attachment 460169

I think what you're doing is wonderful. When I was struggling with using cigalikes, but still smoking a guy I didn't even really know walked up to me one day and handed me a brand new eGo, with a carto tank filled with juice. That's when I realized vaping could be my solution and the rest is history.

Again, what you're doing is great and I hope your coworker appreciates it.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
All this talk of chargers and I can't believe that nobody mentioned the Pila charger. While I don't see it on the Provape site now (they used to carry it), it was considered the top end for quality just a couple of years ago. It's a simple 2 bay charger that just works, without all the bells and gadgets that aren't really needed since we have the IQ feature on the P3. I've had mine for 2.5 years and it's still going strong, without fail or issues.

It's an option worth looking to. :D

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
All this talk of chargers and I can't believe that nobody mentioned the Pila charger. While I don't see it on the Provape site now (they used to carry it), it was considered the top end for quality just a couple of years ago. It's a simple 2 bay charger that just works, without all the bells and gadgets that aren't really needed since we have the IQ feature on the P3. I've had mine for 2.5 years and it's still going strong, without fail or issues.

It's an option worth looking to. :D
I think Pila still has an excellent rep. Just happen to hit a Xtar streak here.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
:thumbs:
I have a short list of vape related companies that I use with 100% confidence:

Provape
Mt Baker Vapor
RTD Vapor

meanwhile - Russian 91% Center post for $5.99 -> FatDaddyVapes.com

3877336_orig.jpg
Dang - I already bought the other one. Maybe I'll try to cancel...

-Sent via Tapatalk

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
So I have the below intellicharger that I have loved for close to a year now:

NiteCore -i4-V2014 NEW 2014 version Intellicharge Universal Smart Battery Charger for Li-ion / IMR / Ni-MH/ Ni-Cd Amazon.com: NiteCore -i4-V2014 NEW 2014 version Intellicharge Universal Smart Battery Charger for Li-ion / IMR / Ni-MH/ Ni-Cd: Electronics

Is the below VP4 really any better at charging? I see it shows the volts/etc. I'm known to sometimes forget to remove me batteries and leave them charge overnight (I try not to but forget sometimes). Is the VP4 any safer for instances such as this? The batteries are never warm and always completely cool to the touch when this happens with the Intellicharger. Since safety is paramount, should I invest in this VP4? (I know it's safest to not forget to remove, but hey, I'm a busy guy and got a 2 year old that frequently distracts me...)

Just looking for your honest opinions. Again - I've been loving and have no issues with my Intellicharger thus far.

Xtar XTAR VP4 4-Bay Smart Battery Charger with LCD Digital Display, Black XTAR-VP4 Amazon.com: Xtar XTAR VP4 4-Bay Smart Battery Charger with LCD Digital Display, Black XTAR-VP4: Camera & Photo

-Sent via Tapatalk

Reactions: Peter_C

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I used an I2 for almost a year.
I always thought it felt cheap but it was recommended on ecf so it must be good right?
I got another for a backup, it broke in about a month. I replaced the backup with a LUC.
I PIF'd the I2s to a disabled buddy as soon as I got the XTAR.
It showed me what a good charger should be.
His I2s eventually croaked.

I think the XTAR is worth every penny.

Reactions: Bronze

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
I used an I2 for almost a year.
I always thought it felt cheap but it was recommended on ecf so it must be good right?
I got another for a backup, it broke in about a month. I replaced the backup with a LUC.
I PIF'd the I2s to a disabled buddy as soon as I got the XTAR.
It showed me what a good charger should be.
His I2s eventually croaked.

I think the XTAR is worth every penny.
I'm sold!

"That was easy"

Now my only decision is VC4 or VP4. I'll chew on that overnight... Each seems to have their advantages.

-Sent via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
Just to add to your choices, if you can find a VP1, it does everything the VP2 does except 26650 and no switchable voltage options.

It's a good deal cheaper than the VP2.

Just as good a charger though.

Just ordered a VP1 then saw this post so had to go back and double check. The VP1 does have a switchable charging function for .25,0.5 and 1.0 amps by the press of a button on the front. The only differences I saw were the price,26650 support and USB output for charging other devices. I was about to get the VP2 for the USB charging but according to Vaperev you can only use it when it's unplugged and it uses power from an installed battery to charge via USB. Makes no sense to me at all why they would design it like that.

Reactions: Bronze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread