Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Speaking of bites, last week Monday I believe, something bit me. 2 small puncture bites. Not a tick, found no sign of ticks. Figured misquito or something. On the right side of my torso. Didn't really bother me so thought nothing of it.

Fast forward to last Wed (last week, not yesterday - two days later), the itching started. By Thursday one bite was swollen about the size of a walnut, the other was still small, but red and yecky. Was putting hydrocortisone cream on, but it did nothing. Found some "hot spot" spray in my doggie first aid kit and used it.

By Saturday some of the redness and swelling was down, but still very inflamed. Fast forward to yesterday, my right arm is sore and the lymph glands in my armpit are slightly swollen and very sore.

Today I really felt bad. Tired, achey, generally like crap. I went to a CVS Minute Clinic. The nurse practioner was very nice, gave me a thorough exam. Don't know what bit me (suspect a spider). Put me on doxycycline and a steroid salve for the itching and inflammation.

Hope I feel better in a day or so.. But watch out for those bug bites.

Edit I was taking benadryl during the day but can't take it at night. Helped a little, but not enough.

Clnire, I'm glad you went in about that bite. I was thinking "spider bite," as well ... infected spider bite. Can you take something like Advil PM to help you to sleep?
Yes. I would say a spider bite. I get them myself living where I do.
Clean gently with rubbing alcohol to prevent further infection, and apply a baking soda compress to draw out any poison.

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
I saw the big Fifteenth Millionth Post Contest. Hope some of the porchers win some of those awesome prizes. I want the one from Wizard Labs...heck, I 'bout got everything else. A new mod would be nice...a girl can never have enough mods. Writing tonight...much progress, much frustration.
val.gif

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
My problem with those sleeping aids is it is dyphenhydromine - or however it's spelled, aka benadryl. Wires me and gives me shakes at night. But I do have another over the counter sleeping aid that helps. Can't think of the name, but it helps.
Get well from dat bite quick girl!

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
Speaking of bites, last week Monday I believe, something bit me. 2 small puncture bites. Not a tick, found no sign of ticks. Figured misquito or something. On the right side of my torso. Didn't really bother me so thought nothing of it.

Fast forward to last Wed (last week, not yesterday - two days later), the itching started. By Thursday one bite was swollen about the size of a walnut, the other was still small, but red and yecky. Was putting hydrocortisone cream on, but it did nothing. Found some "hot spot" spray in my doggie first aid kit and used it.

By Saturday some of the redness and swelling was down, but still very inflamed. Fast forward to yesterday, my right arm is sore and the lymph glands in my armpit are slightly swollen and very sore.

Today I really felt bad. Tired, achey, generally like crap. I went to a CVS Minute Clinic. The nurse practioner was very nice, gave me a thorough exam. Don't know what bit me (suspect a spider). Put me on doxycycline and a steroid salve for the itching and inflammation.

Hope I feel better in a day or so.. But watch out for those bug bites.

Edit I was taking benadryl during the day but can't take it at night. Helped a little, but not enough.
Ouch! I feel for ya! I once had what I thought was an ant bite or a spider bite and it turned out to be MRSA. Nearly lost my left leg. If it seems to be getting worse instead of better, I'd take a fast trip to the E.R.
animated-gifs-spiders-147.gif

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well tomorrow is my big day. My yearly echo. I am hopeful as well as apprehensive. This Aortic Valve Replacement didn't go well from the start and I don't think they know where they will go from here if something needs to be done. Like I told my wife I haven't really felt great since the surgery almost 3 years ago. Well will know more tomorrow because they give me the echo and the doc reads it right away and gives me the results after so will let you know.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I once had what I thought was an ant bite or a spider bite and it turned out to be MRSA. Nearly lost my left leg. If it seems to be getting worse instead of better, I'd take a fast trip to the E.R.
I was thinking this too about MRSA when I read the post.

Well tomorrow is my big day. My yearly echo.
oh honey.......prayers and hugs!! Hopin everything will be fine!

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
Whew! Step away a day or two and I'm lost here! Let's see if I can catch up:

Amoret, so sorry to hear about your ankle and all the subsequent aggravation, hope you get to come home soon.

Legs: Sounds like you had a great visit with your granddaughter, loved the pics. Will be thinking of ya tomorrow, hope all goes well with your appt.

Clnire: Hope you feel better quickly, glad you got it looked at. Ya know how I feel about those damned arachnids, hate that one got ya.

Iffy: Puttin' the screws to the 'ol woody, eh? Sounds like a plan to me.:thumbs: :D

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Well tomorrow is my big day. My yearly echo. I am hopeful as well as apprehensive. This Aortic Valve Replacement didn't go well from the start and I don't think they know where they will go from here if something needs to be done. Like I told my wife I haven't really felt great since the surgery almost 3 years ago. Well will know more tomorrow because they give me the echo and the doc reads it right away and gives me the results after so will let you know.

Good luck!

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
My thoughts are with you. Rest easy.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
God.luck my friend. Here's hoping for good news. I'll say a prayer for you.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Honey's, I'm HOME!!!!

amoret, I am SO sorry to hear about your ankle. I pray you recover quickly.

clnire, I hope you recover quickly as well.

It's SO good to be home!!!
Welcome home Roto! Is this the long break for filling in for doofus? I'd tell you to get a good night's sleep but, that's pretty much over. :)

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
-------> Well I am going to pop in here too and say Hi to everyone. Been reading and trying to keep up - but I guess I am not too good at getting in here to chat.

Have to say welcome to all the new folks that have arrived since I was last here and it has been great to see Debadoo and Yiddle both back since I posted last. So since I have missed so much - I will just jump in with some comments from todays posts......

Amoret, I am also very sorry to hear about your ankle and I sure do hope you find a way get some stealth vaping in. At the very least I hope you mend soon so you can just get out of there.

Legs, hope all goes well with your appointment tomorrow.

Clnire: That does not sound like much fun, glad you got it looked at and I hope it heals fast.

Life has been keeping me busy and we have done a lot of traveling since my husband retired. We did a 15 day cruise to Hawaii in December that was so very relaxing. Then we spent Feb in Phoenix and got some warm weather relaxing and golfing in. Just got back from a week in Las Vegas and got to see Neil Diamond again. So with the weather getting nice now I think we can stay home for a while.

If I remember correctly I think there are a few new grandbabies on the way - we also have another granddaughter due to arrive at the end of Sept. She will be the 4th granddaughter and our only grandson gets to keep his spot as the 1 and only.

This newest arrival is our daughters first - so pretty exciting for them.

Anyway - enough for now. I will try to visit more often. Just figured I needed to do my part in getting the 15 millionth post in.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
-------> Well I am going to pop in here too and say Hi to everyone. Been reading and trying to keep up - but I guess I am not too good at getting in here to chat.

Have to say welcome to all the new folks that have arrived since I was last here and it has been great to see Debadoo and Yiddle both back since I posted last. So since I have missed so much - I will just jump in with some comments from todays posts......

Amoret, I am also very sorry to hear about your ankle and I sure do hope you find a way get some stealth vaping in. At the very least I hope you mend soon so you can just get out of there.

Legs, hope all goes well with your appointment tomorrow.

Clnire: That does not sound like much fun, glad you got it looked at and I hope it heals fast.

Life has been keeping me busy and we have done a lot of traveling since my husband retired. We did a 15 day cruise to Hawaii in December that was so very relaxing. Then we spent Feb in Phoenix and got some warm weather relaxing and golfing in. Just got back from a week in Las Vegas and got to see Neil Diamond again. So with the weather getting nice now I think we can stay home for a while.

If I remember correctly I think there are a few new grandbabies on the way - we also have another granddaughter due to arrive at the end of Sept. She will be the 4th granddaughter and our only grandson gets to keep his spot as the 1 and only.

This newest arrival is our daughters first - so pretty exciting for them.

Anyway - enough for now. I will try to visit more often. Just figured I needed to do my part in getting the 15 millionth post in.
Welcome home Kari. Always nice to have you home. I don't know bout you but, this sure is home for me. :thumb:

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
Welcome home Kari. Always nice to have you home. I don't know bout you but, this sure is home for me. :thumb:

Thanks Matt. Yes it sure feels like home to me too. You up early or having trouble sleeping? Me - just waiting to get tired enough to go to bed. Kind of need to try to get onto a day schedule - I have my son and 2 of his 3 kids coming tomorrow night for a visit. We are celebrating my oldest granddaughter's 15th birthday on Saturday - so I will probably have all 4 of the grandkids here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread