Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I want to get into dripping for when I'm sitting at home gaming and watching tv. What would be a good starting point?

I use 30mm veritas.
I also have a couple 30mm magmas but I don't use them because they have a big plastic block in the drip well, otherwise I really like them.

other popular ones are
mutationx
doge
dark horse
plume veil

lots and lots of them

My advice : just remember an rda is CHEAP; get one, then afterwards you'll know what your priorities are

Nowadays there are some interesting rda's with top intake airflow; as a matter of fact i'm looking at my manta right now; you know what? it's been weeks or maybe a couple months I have that thing and still not tried it out; the veritas has enough airflow and even though I've acquired a few more items I just haven't tried them because it feels like they don't have enough airflow/ too small

Jaypeeayy

Feb 17, 2013
Glendale
I mostly vape when watching TV and playing video games too. Keeps me going haha.

Anyways I have several RDAs including the hobo, magma, mutation v3, the little boy, dark horse, bambino, freakshow mini and haze. Out of all of those I liked the mutation, bambino and the haze (being my favorite).

The mutation x chucks vapor, can hold a lot of juice and stays really cool which can be more practical for your extended gaming. But the flavor is muted quite a bit due to the larger chamber.

The bambino atty is AMAZING for flavor and gives a decent amount of vapor but the only drawback is that it can get quite hot being so small which can affect chain vaping.

The Haze rda is my favorite because to me it is the best of those two put together. It has a decent drip well, gives great flavor, and with the right setup gives thick and plentiful vapor.

Hopefully this helps you out a little!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Well I have no idea what RDA is. I currently have an Istick 50w with a freemax starre tank. I also have a kanger aero tank but I don't really dig it. I just don't like the idea of dripping and driving and when I'm on the go. Just want good flavor and huge clouds. Haha.

Try the magma or veritas.
If you are in the US and there's a vape store nearby try just about any rda : rda = rebuildable dripping atomizer.
Just remember its a very simple thing so it should be pretty CHEAP, cheaper than a tank anyway

mattman4597

May 13, 2015
I mostly vape when watching TV and playing video games too. Keeps me going haha.

Anyways I have several RDAs including the hobo, magma, mutation v3, the little boy, dark horse, bambino, freakshow mini and haze. Out of all of those I liked the mutation, bambino and the haze (being my favorite).

The mutation x chucks vapor, can hold a lot of juice and stays really cool which can be more practical for your extended gaming. But the flavor is muted quite a bit due to the larger chamber.

The bambino atty is AMAZING for flavor and gives a decent amount of vapor but the only drawback is that it can get quite hot being so small which can affect chain vaping.

The Haze rda is my favorite because to me it is the best of those two put together. It has a decent drip well, gives great flavor, and with the right setup gives thick and plentiful vapor.

Hopefully this helps you out a little!
I heard a lot about the mutation x. Overall how is it? Is the flavor muted considerably or is it just minor as compared to others?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
What does rebuilding help? Like is it just the coil or ?

It's all about the coil.
On the typical clearomizer the coil is made with very thin wire which will literally burn out in a few weeks;
with a rebuildable you can use thicker wire which will last at least months. The thicker wire does need more power, and it also ends up being lower ohms.

Jaypeeayy

Feb 17, 2013
Glendale
I heard a lot about the mutation x. Overall how is it? Is the flavor muted considerably or is it just minor as compared to others?
If I had to rate the rda's flavor wise it would go like this:

Mutation X v3: 7/10
Bambino: 9.5/10
Haze: 8/10

When I say the mutation is quite muted, I mean it as a comparison to my other flavor atties. It is still good, just not up to par with flavor focused RDAs imo. The tradeoff is that it can chuck clouds, hold a lot of juice, and stay cool while chain vaping.

mattman4597

May 13, 2015
It's all about the coil.
On the typical clearomizer the coil is made with very thin wire which will literally burn out in a few weeks;
with a rebuildable you can use thicker wire which will last at least months. The thicker wire does need more power, and it also ends up being lower ohms.
I'm pretty new to vaping in general. Only stopped cigs about a month and a half ago. I assume power only affects battery life but what do ohms affect? I'm at that stage where I'm trying to absorb as much info as quickly as possible as it can be confusing in the beginning. Haha.

mattman4597

May 13, 2015
If I had to rate the rda's flavor wise it would go like this:

Mutation X v3: 7/10
Bambino: 9.5/10
Haze: 8/10

When I say the mutation is quite muted, I mean it as a comparison to my other flavor atties. It is still good, just not up to par with flavor focused RDAs imo. The tradeoff is that it can chuck clouds, hold a lot of juice, and stay cool while chain vaping.
Well compared to the freemax starre sub ohm tank, which has amazing flavor as well as decent clouds, how would you think it would compare?

Jaypeeayy

Feb 17, 2013
Glendale
What does rebuilding help? Like is it just the coil or ?
Rebuilding basically means making your own coil and wick system for rebuildable atomizers rather than buying pre-made atomizer heads.

Rebuilding has a learning curve but the benefits outweigh the negatives. You can make a setup based on your own tastes and it's ridiculously cheaper.

Try searching some YouTube videos on "rebuilding an rda" or something like that to get a visual of it.

Reactions: mattman4597

Jaypeeayy

Feb 17, 2013
Glendale
Well compared to the freemax starre sub ohm tank, which has amazing flavor as well as decent clouds, how would you think it would compare?
I haven't tried that particular tank but I have tried others like the kanger and joy tech equivalents. Everyone has a different opinion but from my experience people say dripping atomizers in general perform better flavor wise and vapor wise in comparison. But it's kind of a hassle always dripping.

Ongeslepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Amsterdamaged

I'm no expert, but own 2 rda's now. The motofo freakshow which should be more of a flavor rda and the mutation x v3 which is supposed to be a cloud chaser.

To me they are pretty much the same flavor wise, though i do think the mutation chucks more clouds. Perhaps in a nitpicking way they are a little bit different in flavor, but i just simply don't taste it. (Maybe i need more time with it and develop my taste buds)

the mutation has 4 post holes instead of 3 like the freakshow. It makes it easier to make a dual coil setup. Also the freakshow kinda demands a center post build, it also demands more attention with dripping due to the positioning of the airholes.

what i don't like of the freakshow is that it forms condensation on my mod (istick 50w) , only visible when i screw it off the mod. As far as i know it doesn't hurt my mod though..
but with the mutation its easier to create a short, because of how the adjustable airflow works. the top cap which you turn is inside the.. thing? bottom cap? cylinder? so whenever you build your build.. make sure it's not to wide or their is a change you won't be able to turn down the air flow..

mattman4597

May 13, 2015
I haven't tried that particular tank but I have tried others like the kanger and joy tech equivalents. Everyone has a different opinion but from my experience people say dripping atomizers in general perform better flavor wise and vapor wise in comparison. But it's kind of a hassle always dripping.
According to the extensive research I've done it is currently the best sub ohm tank right now. The airflow is ridiculous, just feels like breathing. I got the kanger aerotank for all day use to save on juice but I have been spoiled by my sub ohm tank. I just wish all tanks had the airflow the freemax starre gives me. But yeah the hassle with dripping puts me off but I don't want to miss out on something due to my own laziness. Haha.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
I'm pretty new to vaping in general. Only stopped cigs about a month and a half ago. I assume power only affects battery life but what do ohms affect? I'm at that stage where I'm trying to absorb as much info as quickly as possible as it can be confusing in the beginning. Haha.

Back when I started in 2013 5 watts was normal.
Now I vape at 10 watts.
When it comes to ohms, I'd say 2 is a norm.
1 is like an exclamation.
And once you go below 1, it's like you're in the deep water and you better know how to swim.

So what do ohms affect? Ohms is like what's holding you up from the deep blue sea.

Jaypeeayy

Feb 17, 2013
Glendale
According to the extensive research I've done it is currently the best sub ohm tank right now. The airflow is ridiculous, just feels like breathing. I got the kanger aerotank for all day use to save on juice but I have been spoiled by my sub ohm tank. I just wish all tanks had the airflow the freemax starre gives me. But yeah the hassle with dripping puts me off but I don't want to miss out on something due to my own laziness. Haha.
I'm glad you're happy with your setup then! In the end it's what makes you happy and off them nasty death sticks. Best wishes.

mattman4597

May 13, 2015
Back when I started in 2013 5 watts was normal.
Now I vape at 10 watts.
When it comes to ohms, I'd say 2 is a norm.
1 is like an exclamation.
And once you go below 1, it's like you're in the deep water and you better know how to swim.

So what do ohms affect? Ohms is like what's holding you up from the deep blue sea.
I only understood like half of that. Haha. My freemax starre tank uses .5 and .25 ohm coils. The kanger aero uses 1.8. I have no idea what they do nor what's best for dripping but I'll take your suggestion on 2 ohms at 10 watts for it.

mattman4597

May 13, 2015
I'm glad you're happy with your setup then! In the end it's what makes you happy and off them nasty death sticks. Best wishes.
Thank you for your suggestions. If you are ever curious you should try the freemax starre tank. It's 30 bucks and well worth it. I have tried a few but the airflow is second to none. Happy trails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread