Not open for further replies.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
:wub:

I have powerful talons and a lethal beak. Just say the word.
gladiator_145_4da95a905e73d632e900092a_1303089142.jpeg

At your command, she will unleash hell!

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Your post, oh Fumardorian, was berry berry good to me. Than kyu.

Chica Escuela~

Cheech, you're not liking the shorty squatty MS? I've got one, but have yet had the need to start up yet ANOTHER tank. Too warm, you say?

Thank you, sisu. I've missed ECF a bit myself. I've been on some sort of self-imposed hiatus. My little girly touchy feely feelings were bruised and I've been pouting for several weeks. Perhaps you lovelies are bringin' the Betts back around.
Sorry something like that happened, Kat -- you need someone to go away?? You just let DEEEEETROIT know.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Thank you, sisu. I've missed ECF a bit myself. I've been on some sort of self-imposed hiatus. My little girly touchy feely feelings were bruised and I've been pouting for several weeks. Perhaps you lovelies are bringin' the Betts back around.
Nice to see you again Kat. Have a seat here.
vape (chair).gif
We all love you! :wub: :bday: :laugh:

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
My little girly touchy feely feelings were bruised and I've been pouting for several weeks.
Just let us know the name of the ill-begotten miscreant(s) who dared tread on your feelings, and we shall enthusiastically arrange for them to experience a permanent state of the dry hits!

The Maine Moose and Black Bear Regiment and their feared companions of the Black Fly and Tick Brigade stand ready to defend you.

moose-o.gif

Last edited:

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
The following is offered with full cognizance of the risk that my fellow GS Air Fans may evict me. First I got the original Air, and loved it. Then I got the M, and moved from infatuation to deep, mature lurve. I guess I have a touch of the philanderer lurking in my grizzled old heart; despite my enduring fondness and loyalty to the Air and the M, I decided to try the Ms...on the side, as it were.

I'm back to pure devotion to the Air and the M. The Ms? Cute on the outside, but...
It vapes hot, even at very low wattage. I put the longer Air tip on it, and then a Protank tip. These helped a little. It's still a warmer vape than I care for. It holds about the same or a little less juice than the Air, and is harder to fill. Not my favorite. Not by a long shot.

It's a good thing to point out that the MS might run a little hotter than an M for those that are considering buying into these tanks. Some people might not even be aware that beside the MS tank being physically smaller there are other variables that come into play as well. The more different feedback there is, the more people can gauge for themselves what will work for their preferences.

The M is impressive for it's capacity though when you look at it's physical dimensions compared to other tanks capacities and their physical dimensions. The M is a nice tight little package and the price is certainly right.

I'm still hoping that there will be a CLR style head to make rebuilding even easier as it opens up more options for more people. Even better would be that Eleaf makes the M and MS part of their general tank line (ie: on their website) available everywhere and not a distributor exclusive with small runs.

Kivrin

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2015
It's a good thing to point out that the MS might run a little hotter than an M for those that are considering buying into these tanks. Some people might not even be aware that beside the MS tank being physically smaller there are other variables that come into play as well. The more different feedback there is, the more people can gauge for themselves what will work for their preferences.

The M is impressive for it's capacity though when you look at it's physical dimensions compared to other tanks capacities and their physical dimensions. The M is a nice tight little package and the price is certainly right.

I'm still hoping that there will be a CLR style head to make rebuilding even easier as it opens up more options for more people. Even better would be that Eleaf makes the M and MS part of their general tank line (ie: on their website) available everywhere and not a distributor exclusive with small runs.

Excellent post, Callipleura.

The M and the mini Nautilus are almost the same size, the M is just, I dunno, boxier, somehow. A blocky cylinder, instead of rounded. A CLR head sounds great, but considering how coy Eleaf is being about these tanks...

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
I used my Ms tank a little bit last night and I did notice it being a little hotter than the M.
And that doesn't make it a bad tank. Compared with much else that's out there in vapeland, it's pretty good. When I alternate the Air, the M, and the Ms, however, it is clearly in third place.

Dreamer13

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
West Virginia
I purchased a GS Air M about a week ago and I've yet to get decent flavor from it, it's extremely muted for me. I'm using an iStick 20W from 8w all to the way to 15w and still don't see a difference in flavor. I've tried several different eliquids and nothing seems to pop. Even had the air flow half way. I've been following this thread for awhile but can't seem to find a section about drip tips that was chatted about not too long ago. I don't care for huge tips, what their made out of doesn't really matter to me. I've only been vaping for 5 months so I don't have much gear or knowledge.

Anyway...what medium to short drip tips would you guys recommend to help me with flavor? All I have is a Nautilus Mini and a couple ET-S BVC tanks so I was really hoping this would live up to the chatter. Thanks!

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
I purchased a GS Air M about a week ago and I've yet to get decent flavor from it, it's extremely muted for me. I

Anyway...what medium to short drip tips would you guys recommend to help me with flavor? All I have is a Nautilus Mini and a couple ET-S BVC tanks so I was really hoping this would live up to the chatter. Thanks!
Welcome to the foolish asylum, Dreamer13.
Don't know what to say about "decent flavor". For me that's usually a function of the juice more than the tank. I tend to use old Protanks and Kanger Unitanks just to try out flavors, because I can then wash and dry burn the coils. The flavor I get from the M is pretty close to what the older tanks provide, but with more vapor and an airier draw.

Medium and short drip tips... Don't mean to be a pest, but what is medium for you? 15mm? 21mm? About the same as the tip that comes with the M? I think of that as "short". I have been replacing the standard M tips with recycled Protank II tips. I prefer the rounded shape, and they vape cooler.

All that was probably no help at all, but wiser heads will be along soon.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I purchased a GS Air M about a week ago and I've yet to get decent flavor from it, it's extremely muted for me. I'm using an iStick 20W from 8w all to the way to 15w and still don't see a difference in flavor. I've tried several different eliquids and nothing seems to pop. Even had the air flow half way. I've been following this thread for awhile but can't seem to find a section about drip tips that was chatted about not too long ago. I don't care for huge tips, what their made out of doesn't really matter to me. I've only been vaping for 5 months so I don't have much gear or knowledge.

GF had it right! Flavor is subjective...nautis have a reputation for having great flavor as do any BVC coil.
Drip tip choice can make quite a difference on these tanks, as with any tank I suppose.
But for cost effective, coil duration and reliability, I have never seen a better tank.
Sometimes the flavor pops after a bit of vaping...hope you grow to like the Airs!

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
You know, I never got great flavor from Nautilus's. After awhile, I would get that old carto taste if anyone remembers those!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am so glad i never started on the nautilus! Nothing against the tank, but the cost and expense of the coils...Egad!

Kivrin

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2015
GF had it right! Flavor is subjective...nautis have a reputation for having great flavor as do any BVC coil.
Drip tip choice can make quite a difference on these tanks, as with any tank I suppose.
But for cost effective, coil duration and reliability, I have never seen a better tank.
Sometimes the flavor pops after a bit of vaping...hope you grow to like the Airs!

Also, haven't some people reported poor performance with the coils that come with the tank?

I haven't used the stock drip tips ever. I just have a few I've picked up here and there.

I also had a brief period where I had to get used to my original GS air. It has a much looser draw than my Nautilus and my mini protanks (or had, because I got the airflow bases). But since I was used to the Air, the M was love at first vape for me.:wub:

Kivrin

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2015
I am so glad i never started on the nautilus! Nothing against the tank, but the cost and expense of the coils...Egad!

I was lucky enough to win mine in a contest with my iStick 20w. I keep my higher nic juice in there for occasional vaping and I'm not sure if I'll keep using it after I run out of coils.

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
The M and the mini Nautilus are almost the same size, the M is just, I dunno, boxier, somehow. A blocky cylinder, instead of rounded. A CLR head sounds great, but considering how coy Eleaf is being about these tanks...

The specs off websites compared (might not be 100% accurate ;))
mini Nautilus
19mm x ~73mm for 2ml capacity
M
19mm x 40mm for ~4ml capacity

I would expect that the M is going to be a more blocky package, but the volume is nice (efficient and compact). There is no measurement to just the drip tip, but still, the M packed more into a smaller volume. Aesthetics are subjective and the mini Nautilus has stainless steel components (+) vs a chrome plated brass?!? (-). I expect to break tanks through hobbies and an outdoor lifestyle so price then comes into play. The M is cheaper (and in Canada more so).
I am not trying to say which one is better... just look at the variables and pick what variables matter more to you.

2-140Q4154225a5.jpg

-1.jpg

A CLR would be really nice. Thanks to Cheechako they can be rebuilt though. Actually if someone cloned the M with a few design improvements it would be a great-cheap-basic tank. As long as it didn't leak... lol.
Cheers

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
1. Also, haven't some people reported poor performance with the coils that come with the tank?

2. I haven't used the stock drip tips ever. I just have a few I've picked up here and there.

1. Please don't remind me... the coil that came with the Ms I reported on yesterday lasted less than 12 hours.
2. Please provide a link for 'here and there' when you send in the next chapter of your journal. :p

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
If the Nautilus has a reputation for great flavor... I don't know who says this, because if that is what they think, then they have never actually tasted proper flavor in their juice... :?: Then again if they are vaping Juicy ejuice brand of Strawberry or Watermelon... You couldn't kill the overpowering flavor in those no matter how hard you tried. Gotta throw that coil away as it will not come out. :lol::lol::lol:

On the other hand...

My M which is now in (2015/05/29 11:02 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.) hopefully will be much better than the Nautilus or god forbid the dreaded Genitank... :shock:

I beginning to have a great fear that you have all lead me down the garden path with :nun: Heavenly Praises :nun: for the divine virtue that is the GS Air-M...

I will have a sad if this is the case... :oops::(:oops::(

I will wait in the meantime with my new vape mail, contemplating...
dm49r4t.jpg

FeV V3 Clone and the Sigelei 30W mini...
:headbang::banana::party::banana::headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread