Need dripping advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattman4597

May 13, 2015
I use a sigelei 100w with a cloud chaser rda I use it all the time, on the bus in the car everywhere, I don't use a tank anymore, I think rdas are the best thing ever, im the type of person that gets really bored with a tank of juice so for me dripping is the way to go
That's another reason I want to drip at home. I have like 15 flavors now and I want all of them when I'm drunk. I found a sour nectarine flavor that goes well with my sub ohm tank though. Great all day flavor.

Bluse

Moved On
May 26, 2015
Try the magma or veritas.
If you are in the US and there's a vape store nearby try just about any rda : rda = rebuildable dripping atomizer.
Just remember its a very simple thing so it should be pretty CHEAP, cheaper than a tank anyway
thanks for your explanation of RDA, i have no ideas of RTA,can you tell me the difference of them?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
thanks for your explanation of RDA, i have no ideas of RTA,can you tell me the difference of them?

rda - rebuildable dripping atomizer.
It has a build deck where you put your coil. There is no tank. You have to use a dropper bottle to drip or squirt some liquid in when you are ready to take a few vapes.

rta - rebuildable tank atomizer.
It has a build deck where you put your coil. It has a tank where the liquid is, and you depend on wicking for the liquid to wick it's way to the coil.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Information Resources for Your First RBA

Types of RBA's:
  • RDA (rebuildable drip atomizer) - e-liquid is dripped on cotton or silica wick; only a few drops of liquid is used for a few puffs, then more drops applied. Easiest first exposure to rebuildables.
hqdefault_medium.jpg

• Genesis-style tank atomizer - e-liquid tank below the rebuilding deck; uses stainless steel mesh wick; position dependent, will leak if not held upright; requires using the "genny tilt" for adequate wicking as you are fighting gravity with this tank.

photo110.jpg

• Kayfun-style tank atomizer - e-liquid tank above the rebuilding deck; uses cotton or silica wick; not position dependent, uses negative pressure vacuum like a cartotank; much easier & better design than a Genesis-style RTA in my opinion.
maxresdefault.jpg

mattman4597 said:
I'm pretty new to vaping in general. Only stopped cigs about a month and a half ago. I assume power only affects battery life but what do ohms affect? I'm at that stage where I'm trying to absorb as much info as quickly as possible as it can be confusing in the beginning.
Ohm's Law For Dummies (and vapers)

Last edited:
Reactions: mattman4597

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
With a new builder I'd suggest building a single coil and shoot for 1.0 ohm. 40 to 50 watts can rock with that. My first RDA was a Plume Veil and I hate it. The Troll, Freakshow, Hellboy, Derringer are among my favorites. Make sure you keep juice out of the 510 and buttons of that Istick. That is good advice for any mod but especially for a Istick 50.

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
I use a sigelei 100w with a cloud chaser rda I use it all the time, on the bus in the car everywhere, I don't use a tank anymore, I think rdas are the best thing ever, im the type of person that gets really bored with a tank of juice so for me dripping is the way to go
Did you really just say you use cloud chasers on the bus ?

Terrapin88

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Cape Cod, MA, USA
Lots of great advice so far. Definitely spend some time on youtube watching building tutorials. After you've made a few coils you'll get the hang of it. It's not difficult at all to rebuild. One coil can be plenty so like another poster said grab a cheap RDA that can use a single coil and get at it. You'll save lots of money making your own coils and wicks and you can build them to suit your needs. I really like the Veritas. You can run a single coil (I am right now) or a dual coil. Good adjustable airflow, awesome flavor, easy to build on and it's a little more forgiving than others if you over drip (and you will at first).

Good luck and may the schwartz be with you.

mattman4597

May 13, 2015

Types of RBA's:

• RDA (rebuildable drip atomizer) - e-liquid is dripped on cotton or silica wick; only a few drops of liquid is used for a few puffs, then more drops applied. Easiest first exposure to rebuildables.
hqdefault_medium.jpg

• Genesis-style tank atomizer - e-liquid tank below the rebuilding deck; uses stainless steel mesh wick; position dependent, will leak if not held upright; requires using the "genny tilt" for adequate wicking as you are fighting gravity with this tank.

photo110.jpg

• Kayfun-style tank atomizer - e-liquid tank above the rebuilding deck; uses cotton or silica wick; not position dependent, uses negative pressure vacuum like a cartotank; much easier & better design than a Genesis-style RTA in my opinion.
maxresdefault.jpg

Types of RBA's:

hqdefault_medium.jpg

photo110.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Thank you for the in depth explanation. I feel like this will take years to master. Haha

Reactions: Baditude

mattman4597

May 13, 2015
Step one get regulated box or solid mech mod. Two find an rda under $50 (start with a clone or two) to find out what you like. 3 battery safety! Ton of good stuff online you just need to look. If you really want a satisfying drip it's time to Sub
What do you mean by regulated box mod? I have an idea of mechanical mods. And sub? Do you mean sub ohm dripper?

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
What do you mean by regulated box mod? I have an idea of mechanical mods. And sub? Do you mean sub ohm dripper?

Regulated means it uses electronics to provide a constant and set ammount of power to the atomizer. For example, a Sigeli 100 could supply up to 100 watts of power to your devices until the batteries get fairly low. Wtih a mechanical, you're hooking your battery straight to the coil.. and the power used depends on how much your coil resists the electricity and how much your battery is putting out.

As a reference, go to Ohms Law Calculator plug in 4.2 for the volts.. this is the ammount of a freshly charged battery. Then... say.. plug in .5 for the ohms.. that is how much resistance your coil has. That setup would approximate putting a Kanger subohm tank on a mechanical mod with a fresh battery.

If you notice, it would be using 35 watts of power, and drawing 8.4 amps of power from the battery.... as you vape, the voltage output of the battery goes down...

let's say you've been vaping for a short while, and now your battery is putting out 3.8 volts... and you're still on the kanger subtank with .5 ohms... As you can see, the amps went down to 7.6, and you're using 28.8 watts.. you'll notice your vapor production isn't as much as it was... and it will just go down more as you're using it.

If you have a regulated device, you could set the wattage up to 30 watts. You will always be supplying the same amount of wattage to your atomizer until your batteries get to it's low point. If you change to a .4 ohm device, you will still be supplying 30 watts, but it will up the amps to meet your power demand and lower the volts.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
i have the freemax starre and you are right - vapes like a champ!

may want to take a look at the el cabron rba - really well made, authentic and does not break the bank - easy to build on and clouds for days (I have been known to get my toon killed in SWTOR because I fogged my monitor at the wrong time...) - I have a number of rbas, including several listed in this thread and this is currently my hands down fave...

mattman4597

May 13, 2015
i have the freemax starre and you are right - vapes like a champ!

may want to take a look at the el cabron rba - really well made, authentic and does not break the bank - easy to build on and clouds for days (I have been known to get my toon killed in SWTOR because I fogged my monitor at the wrong time...) - I have a number of rbas, including several listed in this thread and this is currently my hands down fave...
Yeah I have the same problem when driving sometimes. It's very scary. Haha. I'm currently researching which drippers are compatible with my istick 50w. The guy at my local vape shop advised doing a ton of research as to not short my battery.

mattman4597

May 13, 2015
Regulated means it uses electronics to provide a constant and set ammount of power to the atomizer. For example, a Sigeli 100 could supply up to 100 watts of power to your devices until the batteries get fairly low. Wtih a mechanical, you're hooking your battery straight to the coil.. and the power used depends on how much your coil resists the electricity and how much your battery is putting out.

As a reference, go to Ohms Law Calculator plug in 4.2 for the volts.. this is the ammount of a freshly charged battery. Then... say.. plug in .5 for the ohms.. that is how much resistance your coil has. That setup would approximate putting a Kanger subohm tank on a mechanical mod with a fresh battery.

If you notice, it would be using 35 watts of power, and drawing 8.4 amps of power from the battery.... as you vape, the voltage output of the battery goes down...

let's say you've been vaping for a short while, and now your battery is putting out 3.8 volts... and you're still on the kanger subtank with .5 ohms... As you can see, the amps went down to 7.6, and you're using 28.8 watts.. you'll notice your vapor production isn't as much as it was... and it will just go down more as you're using it.

If you have a regulated device, you could set the wattage up to 30 watts. You will always be supplying the same amount of wattage to your atomizer until your batteries get to it's low point. If you change to a .4 ohm device, you will still be supplying 30 watts, but it will up the amps to meet your power demand and lower the volts.
Thank you. That was very clear. So understanding ohms is a must for advanced vaping. Haha.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
TANKS for online gaming.. and no, I'm not talking about the M1 Abrams. Dripping and driving don't mix.. neither does Dripping and driving a Warthog.
Thank you. That was very clear. So understanding ohms is a must for advanced vaping. Haha.

Yes.. it is... part of dripping is understanding it. There are so many warnings when it comes to dripping, and %99 of them come from understanding ohms law and knowing your battery. It's like wanting to take sharp turns fast in a car... You can do it safely, and go around fairly quickly, you can be like a pro and drift around it, or you can go into it not knowing anything and run into a wall.

kr8mods

May 12, 2015
Well ill give my 2 cents lol. Id honestly habe to say imo i really like the troll rda by motofo. It has a delron insulator to keep your drip tip cool for us chain vapors or like me take it to the next step and get a chuff cap. I own countless amount of rda/rba. Just so happens thats my favorite. It also has a 4 post build deck for easy building and would be perfect for beggening down the rda path. Also massive airflow. All around a good atty. I paid $40 for mine but you can get them way cheaper online. Ive seen them on ebay for 20-26 dollars and they come with the chuff cap. Good luck and always use an ohm reader to check your build and have fun joining the world of rebuildables. Be safe and vape on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread