Aren't we all a bit obsessed about vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ongeslepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Amsterdamaged
(I know this doesn't apply to all of us, but for me it sure does.)

I mean.. look at us. Spending so much time here on the forum reading about tips and tricks, what's your vape? what is the juice you vape? etc etc. I haven't joined a forum for 15 years or so. The last time i was on a forum i was a 16 year old boy, trying to figure out life and the best way i knew how was being anonymous on the internet asking and pondering life's questions.. like "wtf am i supposed to do here on planet earth?"

Nowadays i watch daily video's about vaping. From health concerns to indoor smokers, from conspiracy theories (tobacco companies) to Rip Trippers. Outside the digital life whenever i'm home i either vape, try new juices, building another coil, wicking and make my girlfriend try a new taste :p oh.. almost forgot the most expensive part, checking out webstores for... whatever i think might be missing from my collection :p

Don't get me wrong though, i love it. It's fun, it's interesting, it's a bit of a nerd thing i guess. Trying to find the perfect vape. It's like a drug (and i know drugs, i like them.. from time to time with moderation offcourse ;)
nicotine is a drug, caffeine is a psycho active drug, alcohol and offcourse all the illegal ones. From xtc to heroine, one worse then the other)

But i find it very interesting that since i started vaping that i somehow had this need to find fellow vapers and talk about it. Haven't had that feeling for years, to be part of something.

I also never ever attended a demonstration for anything in my life, but today in a couple of hours from now i'll be in Utrecht vaping with other vapers against the ....ty little regulations the EU forces on us vapers. I do this for multiple reasons;

1) i truly hate that whoever says i cannot do/buy/use something *as long i'm not hurting or bother someone else with it*
2) it pisses me off that the elite, may it be a person or the bigger companies use unfair tactics to get whatever they want
3) to meet fellow vapers and talk about... vaping.. :p

Anyway yesterday night in bed i thought this and was wondering how you guys/girls feel about it :)

Last edited:

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
After a year or two, I don't really feel obsessed at all. I have a fairly high priced mod and don't take it out of the house for fear of losing it. Now, even at home I'm pretty much a basic toodle puffer. I may be a minority on ecf, but nation wide that's probably about normal.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I do spend a lot of time here, and I talk about vaping with my buddy at work a lot, but I don't know if I'm "obsessed."

When I first started a couple years ago, I was on here a lot, learning, sharing what I learned, and just trying to find the best vape for me.

Now I'm more involved in the political/social discussions here than finding new gear, though I did just get a new bf mod/atty that I'm playing with.

I think vaping is important, it can do a lot of good, and I'll do what I can to keep this option available for those who haven't found it yet.

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
3+ years vaping exclusively, have long found what I like so there's almost no stimulus to go and buy new things..
Still one of the best aspects of vaping is tinkering with equipment, modifying things to exactly suite your taste and preferences. And that's a wonderful hobby on its own merit [emoji57]
On a side note, thanks for showing up in Utrecht, from a fellow Eurolander.. unfortunately I'm too far from there to attend in person.

Reactions: Ongeslepen

miro011

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Canada
ive never been obssessed with vaping . The only reason why bought so much stuff is because I though that everything is completely different from eachother but not really . I actually threw away all my mech mods , most of my RDAs which I never use and some other vaping stuff . I have the istick 50w , Subtank Mini , Lemo 2 , a Kayfun and bunch of orchids . I preorderd the subox but that will be it , until one those things is dead , I am not upgrading because it is pointless and a waste of money .

Yea sure after a few months there will be better stuff but by better I mean minor stuff like design , power which I dont need etc. Problem with me is that I AM NOT A COLECTOR , when I get something better than the previous one , I get rid of the previous one most of the times so this is why I decided to just buy juice from now until something stops working .

Reactions: Lessifer

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
I'm always reading here because it's a form of smoking cessation support for me. I'm still pretty new to vaping (and not smoking) so I need the continual reinforcement to keep from smoking. The only time I feel obsessed with vaping is when anything goes wrong with my set up and I momentarily panic lol.

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
The answer is yes and it may look a bit awkward to outsiders. But conclusions taken from that fact may be very far from the truth...

I wish vaping were simply normal. Instead of that, one gets suspicious looks and comments, even from people who are pretty well informed by ourselves as opposed to the general public who only knows what they say on TV or on the papers, even from people who are close and still say "I'm sure that can't be inocuous..." or "normal people take up vaping as a means to quit smoking and then vaping", the powers that be, in conjuntion with the big corporations do whatever they can to ban vaping or make it almost impossible, at least for the common citizen, we've been under fire for too long now and things don't seem to tend to calm down. That means nobody cares what the scientists who actually study vaping say and it means our personal freedoms are at stake (yes, I know they are at stake in many other ways as well). Plus, we live the whole process intensely as we hang around specialized forums.

Having said that, some obsession seems like only natural.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I'm getting there lol. It's funny because I just used a pen and basic stuff for 6 months. Once I got a box and subtank, my life drastically changed. I wouldn't say I'm obsessed. I do really like this forum though, the last forum I used frequently was shut down 2 years ago, so it's nice having a community without a bunch of turds.

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
I'm internally obsessed. I don't bombard my wife with vape stuff (except when I buy a new toy). Since I got a solid setup going I buy a RDA twice a year and a new mod once a year. Been on the same adv for 6 months+. But let me meet a smoker, or any one with questions on vaping and I go off with trying to teach and help.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Sometimes, after a spell out in the wild, i just need affirmation that my hobby and habit are not weird. I come on to ECF to read (and sometimes reply) about vaping. Then i can face the non-believers again.
My first year on ECF was informative and eye-opening. Nowadays i suppose i pop in to keep up with current thinking and i offer advice or opinion when i can.
I don't think i'm obsessed with vaping, i visit other non vaping forums in much the same manner. Just to read peoples views and pick up the odd titbit.
Who am i kidding, yes i am obsessed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread