Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
hmmm yup move to the country and listen to the cayotes, cougars, bears,skunks, raccoons and assorted other wildlife lurking just beyond eye site... come home and find all the fruits and veggies that you have been so carefully tending to have been eaten by the deer population.... knock down the umpteen million wasp nests that magically appear overnite... mow the 250 acres of grass.. keep up maintainence on the backhoe, tractor,4 wheeler.... sounds like work to me... aint that right Retic :)

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Good morning, Army!

Sorry I've not been around much lately, but just know that I've been missing all of you. :)

LA, Must Have Drone!

I've had one in a shopping cart more times than I care to think about, but have never pulled the trigger on one. If you get one, I'm getting one too. :D

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Good morning, Army!

Sorry I've not been around much lately, but just know that I've been missing all of you. :)

LA, Must Have Drone!

I've had one in a shopping cart more times than I care to think about, but have never pulled the trigger on one. If you get one, I'm getting one too. :D
Hey Dusty..Good seeing you brother...Was wondering if you were still on vacation..lol :)

Morning Army Family.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Good morning, Army!

LA, Must Have Drone!

Dusty! I will alert you when the purchase has been made. It's good to be partners in consumerism. :)

As giddy as drones make me on the geek level, the privacy violation potential of drones does bother me a lot. I've read enough dystopian Sci-Fi to have healthy skepticism of unethical use of all tech. I read 1984 as a teen, and it impacted my life and my political perspective. Just ask J how many times I reference that book regarding current events.

That said, I've done video production work during my career, and I love it! I'm good at it too. I've been needing new avenues for income and a drone would allow me to do these kinds of services for home sales. The market is not yet saturated, and having a few home sales videos would let me build a portfolio and expand into other marketing videos.

Plus the videos involve sound production (which I love) and I could do the voice-overs. I did a tech tutorial for a client, and the first comments I got from the team members was that I have a great voice for these things. :)

All that is to say:
Must. Have. Drone.
:)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Well I made it home. Got to spend a few hours today with my BFF since 6th grade who just had surgery for breast cancer. She's doing great and I'm so amazed at the grace she is exuding during all of this. She's sore and tired but had enough energy to visit and chat for a bit. I feel much better having now have seen her and her scars and love on her for a bit.

The drive home was lots of traffic and way too long. It's behind me now though and it was a lovely short vacation.
I do believe the state of mind and the determination helps more than we know. I Love that your friend is doing well. :)
Saw on FB the traffic you had going back home. California traffic is the pits! I'm happy you made it home safely.

Dusty! I will alert you when the purchase has been made. It's good to be partners in consumerism. :)

As giddy as drones make me on the geek level, the privacy violation potential of drones does bother me a lot. I've read enough dystopian Sci-Fi to have healthy skepticism of unethical use of all tech. I read 1984 as a teen, and it impacted my life and my political perspective. Just ask J how many times I reference that book regarding current events.

That said, I've done video production work during my career, and I love it! I'm good at it too. I've been needing new avenues for income and a drone would allow me to do these kinds of services for home sales. The market is not yet saturated, and having a few home sales videos would let me build a portfolio and expand into other marketing videos.

Plus the videos involve sound production (which I love) and I could do the voice-overs. I did a tech tutorial for a client, and the first comments I got from the team members was that I have a great voice for these things. :)

All that is to say:
Must. Have. Drone.
:)
I believe that drones can have useful purpose. As with anything, in the wrong hands... Not so much. Such a conundrum
The nanny type people and those that have illegal tendencies use them for wrong doing. But for most people, they are just a new fun toy.

On that note: Good Morning to the fun people that I know here :D

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I do believe the state of mind and the determination helps more than we know. I Love that your friend is doing well. :)
Saw on FB the traffic you had going back home. California traffic is the pits! I'm happy you made it home safely.

I believe that drones can have useful purpose. As with anything, in the wrong hands... Not so much. Such a conundrum
The nanny type people and those that have illegal tendencies use them for wrong doing. But for most people, they are just a new fun toy.

On that note: Good Morning to the fun people that I know here :D
Ikr?!? All these new toys, only takes one or two people to fly one over restricted air space to ruin the whole thing.

I bet that was a Juggalo..Please don't Google that one..You'll be sorry. :p

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
hmmm yup move to the country and listen to the cayotes, cougars, bears,skunks, raccoons and assorted other wildlife lurking just beyond eye site... come home and find all the fruits and veggies that you have been so carefully tending to have been eaten by the deer population.... knock down the umpteen million wasp nests that magically appear overnite... mow the 250 acres of grass.. keep up maintainence on the backhoe, tractor,4 wheeler.... sounds like work to me... aint that right Retic :)
Yup, but I think it'd be worth it . You can shoot most of that wildlife from your front porch if you want . And a coupla the right dogs can take care of the rest except for skunks and the ten foot tall , hairy things that leave 3 foot wide trails in the grass and growl like Godzilla .

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Lori, that drone would be fine in your hands. As far as 1984, I agree. In the wrong hands (and there are plenty of them) it can be a very bad thing. My friend just likes flying his. He isn't trying to snoop, he just likes them. Like I said, I think he has 3 of them now. He drives the dog next door nuts, with that sound though.

As far as living out in the country, that's what a shotgun is for. I will be lucky to get 5 acres tops, most likely. I want to sell my house, and get a smaller house. I have a couple of dogs, and cats. The two leg predators are worse than the animal predators around here. I just want some peace, and quiet. I am sick of the traffic, violence, and lack of privacy around here. I have one family of neighbors to the side of me, that are driving me crazy. It isn't safe out here like it used to be. People are stressed out, and they are acting out. I just want to get away from all of it. I miss the wooded areas, and trees. Every where you look now, the woods are being torn down, and new housing, and shopping is going up. I am looking forward to a simpler life style, and less stress.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
So here is the cool pic the little drone took of my house and property. I can't upload the pic of the drone right now because it's too big.

image.jpg

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
So here is the cool pic the little drone took of my house and property. I can't upload the pic of the drone right now because it's too big.

View attachment 460334

What a perfectly Lovely House! And that property! :shock: There's so MUCH of it! Riding lawn mower? You would Have to Have one!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
What a perfectly Lovely House! And that property! :shock: There's so MUCH of it! Riding lawn mower? You would Have to Have one!

Oh, for sure! In fact the mower is for sale with the buyer getting first dibs. It's a commercial-grade with zero turn and all that good stuff. Cost me $6500 new. But mowing time went from 4 hrs to less than 2 hrs. When I first moved here, the Green Acres theme song went through my head every time I was on that little lawn tractor I had. :)

Thank you! I see the house with much more appreciative eyes now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread