Status
Not open for further replies.

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
That's amps.

the VP2 has the ability to charge different voltage batteries as well.

You have to set a switch on the back for your type.

For our purposes it is not a plus.

The VP1 is more foolproof.

My mistake. Looks like I still made a good decision then. Probably could have used the extra 2 bays on the VP4 but the VP1 was $10 cheaper so I'm very happy with my decision and looking forward to receiving it!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
It's an Intellicharger. But I don't know what's intelligent about it. It just blinks while charging, then glows solid when the batteries are supposedly charged. And one bay hasn't really worked well for a while. I usually only charge one battery at a time, so it's not been an issue, but then you got me thinking. If one bay isn't working so well, the other could stop as well. So, I took advantage of the 5% discount for ECF and ordered the darn thing.

FYI: the 5% off at RTD hasn't changed for years. It's not like a sale or anything.

Reactions: Bronze

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
On the subject of chargers, I am now running two of them--a Nitecore Inteliicharger D4 and an Xtar VC2. I got the D4 because it will also charge LiFePo4 and NiMh batteries as well as 18-series IMR. I REALLY like the VC2 because it tells me how efficiently my batteries are being used.

AAAAhhhhrrrgggghhh! That sounds too much like I.Q.! I don't like it, no I don't!

Reactions: rbrylawski

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
So I have the below intellicharger that I have loved for close to a year now:

NiteCore -i4-V2014 NEW 2014 version Intellicharge Universal Smart Battery Charger for Li-ion / IMR / Ni-MH/ Ni-Cd Amazon.com: NiteCore -i4-V2014 NEW 2014 version Intellicharge Universal Smart Battery Charger for Li-ion / IMR / Ni-MH/ Ni-Cd: Electronics

Is the below VP4 really any better at charging? I see it shows the volts/etc. I'm known to sometimes forget to remove me batteries and leave them charge overnight (I try not to but forget sometimes). Is the VP4 any safer for instances such as this? The batteries are never warm and always completely cool to the touch when this happens with the Intellicharger. Since safety is paramount, should I invest in this VP4? (I know it's safest to not forget to remove, but hey, I'm a busy guy and got a 2 year old that frequently distracts me...)

Just looking for your honest opinions. Again - I've been loving and have no issues with my Intellicharger thus far.

Xtar XTAR VP4 4-Bay Smart Battery Charger with LCD Digital Display, Black XTAR-VP4 Amazon.com: Xtar XTAR VP4 4-Bay Smart Battery Charger with LCD Digital Display, Black XTAR-VP4: Camera & Photo

-Sent via Tapatalk

I can't give feedback other than my 4 bay Nitecore (I don't have the model number handy, but it was the cool one a year ago) died for no reason and I wanted something different. I still have a 2 bay Nitecore that works fine, but I used to have an Xtar a couple of years ago and liked it.

I haven't paid attention to the Pila. Back when I got my first ProVari, Pila was considered top of the line, but it was out of my price range. I think I still have it on ignore out of habit.

MKID

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Southern CAL
Hello to all! Took me a while to catch up with the posts, it seems that no one has had any issues with the P3 update. Has anyone found any bugs other than the brightness one? In other words is it a good time to send it in. I have been holding back due to any bugs. Thanks!

Willy Zee, you are a good man for packing that vape lunch for your co worker!

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
We need to get that pot stirring smiley added to the emoticons available here on ECF. You're pretty good about gettin' your way. Can you make it happen Dear Ocelot! Huh? Can you??

I was wondering what I was missing. This is all I see:

8af4d8e83dc6bc30bdcd9c15de224b16.jpg

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Reactions: stanleybb50

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Hello to all! Took me a while to catch up with the posts, it seems that no one has had any issues with the P3 update. Has anyone found any bugs other than the brightness one? In other words is it a good time to send it in. I have been holding back due to any bugs. Thanks!

Willy Zee, you are a good man for packing that vape lunch for your co worker!

I think you have to consider your vaping style and decide if the features of the upgrade will be useful to you. In my case, I'm tried all sorts of different combinations of resistance and power with my devices (regulated and mechs) and I've come to the realization that roughly 1.2-1.6Ω/11 to 15w is my happy place. For me the upgrade is overkill, but your mileage may vary.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
My Coil-Master coil-building-jig-a-ma-thingy is out for delivery. I ordered it Wednesday afternoon from Amazon, and it made it from California to Tampa in 2 days. Pretty good service.

Good Morning Day Shift! I have a request. At least for today, can we avoid talking about new stuff we think we need. You guys are costing me too much money lately! :evil:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
It was a good thing you asked when you did because I was about 10 minutes from forgetting myself. You know...all those XP's, VPs, YZ's, etc... :)

Blast You Bronze. Blast You. I'm sure you couldn't possibly guess what I just ordered, even though what I have actually works. But then I started reading about how much more efficient and better it is. So BLAST YOU BRONZE!

It appears we are all senile or close to it. Forgot what we ordered, buying something we already have.

Now I need to check and see if I have two P3's or one. Thought I bought two of them. Oh, I better get a new charger too. Now I understand why my wife gives me a grocery list for just milk and bread. I'm posting in the P3 thread right??

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
FYI: the 5% off at RTD hasn't changed for years. It's not like a sale or anything.

It appears we are all senile or close to it. Forgot what we ordered, buying something we already have.

Now I need to check and see if I have two P3's or one. Thought I bought two of them. Oh, I better get a new charger too. Now I understand why my wife gives me a grocery list for just milk and bread. I'm posting in the P3 thread right??

You could be, but then at our age, one never knows......And hey, I resemble all of this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread