• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Yes you can switch it on/off bob ! Iv`e only had a quick look at it though, till i get some more batteries.
That'll be something - better than a flashing gizmo!

:laugh: If we didn`t laugh Trish we`d cry :laugh:
Been one of those weeks Terry! Wonder we haven't ..but yes: I will :laugh:

When you post a reply Trish, next to post reply, there is upload a file, that takes you to your computer files, pictures etc.
Ahh! Thanks. I must have known where it was some weeks back, but couldn't for the life of me remember where ..was looking in the same places as the old forum!

;)

That's a huge plot, ours is about 25' by 20'. I have managed to cram a fair bit in there though. Notice I use the term "I". The Wife does most of the planting and I do the donkey work:lol:. I've built a small retaining wall at the 10' mark, our garden has a slight incline. I did do the wall curved though, seemed like a good idea at the time, but took me about 10 times as long to do as a straight wall would have. It's a sort of horizontal "S" shape if viewed from above. I also built a couple of steps into it and 2 pillars either side. Even ran some armoured cable inside the 2 pillars, so we've got outdoor lamps on top of them. The only plant in the garden that's mine is a 10 year old rhododendron, the Wife is banned from touching it. Loads of other shrubs, both mature and new and plenty of filler plants. I also built 3 small raised veggy planters, so we can have some home grown goodies.
The garden was just part of a ploughed field when we moved in. Took a lot of hard work, mostly by our son with a rotovator, before we could get the lawn laid.
I had a little Polo then (hated it), and I'd go off out and return, barely able to see through the rear or front windows for plants & trees! I'd put them where they needed to be planted, and my Dad & husband would plant them.
All that had to stop when I was down to the last dregs of savings until I earned some more :laugh:
You've done a lot with your garden - ours is flat, and apart from paths, walls & fences, there wasn't much to be done apart from get it planted.
That ancient hedge brings some lovely birds - seem to have had all manner of them. We've had a nightingale singing in the corner mountain ash every February since 2000. It actually woke me up the first time it came, and I went out into the garden to see what it was. Very dark, frosty & cold, but I was fascinated by the loud clear song.

That's my next task, suss out how to make my own nic solution :lol:
Oh right, and where will Mrs Trouble be planting the tobacco crop? :unsure:

Option 1 - black electrical tape
Option 2 - black paint
Option 3 - Take it all apart and see if the bulb can be removed.
Option 4 - a big hammer :lol:
Er, that's a negative on all four counts! If I hate mine, back they go! Different to advertised image.

I was thinking the purple as well, got reds, blues, blacks & silvers, so that would make a change
Yes, it's different and will make a very nice change.

Terry is this yours
Aw, stop it Marcus :laugh: ..mine are yet to arrive :(

It's funny, because last night the Wife and I heard a loud bang outside about 10pm. I said it was probably the neighbour throwing a bottle into her bin. It was more likely to be the spring on my car snapping. Had a look on a few forums earlier, looks like it does happen sometimes with Mondeos. Not a very good safety feature :eek:
Oh dear! Glad you stopped!

Saw that yesterday, shame it's only a 2200 mAh battery though, no good if it's your only mod and you have no way of charging it whilst out for the day, probably still get one though.
They aren't very big ..one in each pocket! Sorted ;)

Tried calling a couple of "mobile" mechanics to see if they'd be interested in doing the job for me. 1st one was off work for the week, looking after the kids for the half term holiday. 2nd one didn't want to travel more than 10 miles to do a job. Sometimes I wonder how certain businesses manage to stay afloat :nah:
Pity about that!

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow

Looks interesting but I love how the title says it's perfect for the Subtank but none of the pictures have it on a subtank. Just on some random other tank and dripper. Pfft.

Had a bit of a nightmare this morning. Left the house at 5.40 for work, jumped in the car and set off. As soon as I turned the wheel all hell broke loose. Sounded like a Heavy Rock drum solo. In a straight line, peaceful and quiet. Over a bump, or turning the wheel - bang, thump, grind.

Limped the car back home slowly. Had a look underneath, my front coil spring had split in two. One piece was about 10mm away from the tyre wall, the other piece was almost touching a brake pipe. Could have been potentially fatal if I'd carried on driving onto the motorway. Rang up work and told them I'd be a bit late [emoji38]

It's funny, because last night the Wife and I heard a loud bang outside about 10pm. I said it was probably the neighbour throwing a bottle into her bin. It was more likely to be the spring on my car snapping. Had a look on a few forums earlier, looks like it does happen sometimes with Mondeos. Not a very good safety feature :eek:

Heard a loud twang as I went round a corner last year sometime on the way to work. Spring had gone! I crawled to the nearest reputable garage and it cost me over £100. Sort of thing I'll learn how to do myself one day. Hope you live nearer cheaper garages than me mate.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
That's the only downfall.Whats in the iStick 30 is it 2800 mAh,That lasts me a day and a bit.My iStick 50 is on its way out lasts just over two days and takes about 8hrs to charge.Thats using a 1.5 ohm coil at 10 to 13 watts

not sure about the iStick 30, but the 20 is 2200 and the 50 is 4400, and the MVP 3.0 is 3800

Ian if your interested in one of them cheap sqounkers.You can have mine if you want.I bought it on a whim and it's all above my head, don't even know how to take the tank apart.

tank ??, it's just a juice bottle, you just unscrew it from the top, unless you are talking about the atty, and if so it is not a tank but a RDA, screw it on to the Owl and then pull the top part off to get to the deck, build your coil, wick it, then put it back together, make sure the air holes are opposite the coils, fill the juice bottle not quite to the top, screw it back on, squeeze and hold for a couple of seconds to allow the juice to soak the wick and away you go.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Got it know Bob.i was trying to unscrew it.Im still a total newbie on rebuilding, are the coils that came with it ok or should I get some kanthal and some cotton

Best to make your own, 28g dual coil 5 wraps round 2.5mm mandrel should come out at 0.5 ohm which is about right for that atty, the drip tip bit (the white or black bit depending on which one you got) unscrews from the top part, useful to be able to see if the wick is soaked enough, as the windows get misted up. From what I've heard the coils that came with it are rubbish, I just binned them.

This is roughly what it should look like (without the juice of course):

2015-05-28 23.57.19.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Marcus1970

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
That's the only downfall.Whats in the iStick 30 is it 2800 mAh,That lasts me a day and a bit.My iStick 50 is on its way out lasts just over two days and takes about 8hrs to charge.Thats using a 1.5 ohm coil at 10 to 13 watts
My iStick 50 doesn't take that long to charge ...4-4.5 hours. I use a 1A mains USB plug/cable.

Reactions: Marcus1970

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Perhaps ..I'm not always very diligent in catching it before it runs out though - it seems to do it all of a sudden once it gets below half way, and I don't notice until it stops. :laugh:

That's the nice thing about higher wattages, you notice the drop off a lot faster, my Darwin Mods Squonk³ fully charged is 8.4v, but I have to watch it very carefully, as letting it go below 7v will kill the battery.

Bob I use a 1 amp charger and
always charge on at least two bars.Once a month I drain the battery and give it a full charge.

With lithium batteries it is not wise to drain them, they don't need it and it can damage them, best to just top them up when needed and not in use, see my comment above about my Squonk³ which is a LiPo battery (the ones in the iStick are okay down to about 3.2v but again any lower could kill it)

Reactions: trouble1000

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
That's the nice thing about higher wattages, you notice the drop off a lot faster, my Darwin Mods Squonk³ fully charged is 8.4v, but I have to watch it very carefully, as letting it go below 7v will kill the battery.
Too complicated for me! :D
I thought modern ones were protected against that sort of thing.

With lithium batteries it is not wise to drain them, they don't need it and it can damage them, best to just top them up when needed and not in use, see my comment above about my Squonk³ which is a LiPo battery (the ones in the iStick are okay down to about 3.2v but again any lower could kill it)
I'll try and keep a closer eye on them!

Didn't see your post earlier that's the same as what I use
I just charged both the iStick 50 and the Sigelei mini tonight. Didn't take much notice for 5 hours, but when I did, both were fully charged. The Sigelei advises 800mAh or below and I only have 500 or 1A, so the 500 does fine.

Just found a bottle of English Trifle I made on the 16th of April 60/40 vg/pg at 23% concentrate and it's the bomb:vapor:
Good stuff isn't it! Can't understand why they didn't sell it as a ready to use one, it's up to their usual good standard I think, but no doubt they thought otherwise. I made my last bottle a touch stronger percentage because of the 100% VG base, and it's really good.

Reactions: trouble1000

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I thought modern ones were protected against that sort of thing.

They are but unfortunately the chip was designed for lower voltages cut-out and the battery used isn't, the modder did speak to Yihi, but they had nothing that could monitor a 7v cut-out

Reactions: Pictor

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Needs a torch :)
Nah! definitely not, but believe it or not there is a tiny led on the opposite side to the buttons near the top, but hardly visible, but it doesn't light up, unless it something to do with when it is connected for upgrades, or when the batteries need changing, they are in series so shouldn't be charged via the USB:

2015-05-29 11.23.17.jpg

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Mail: FT order of a couple of drip tips, 6 packs of various types of coils, and a MOW type tank. Took 10 days.

I keep noticing odd stuff on the new items at FT - for me, last weeks silly item of the week was a Banana Slicer, and today, dodgy item of the week is an Electric Ear Cleaner :eek: ..and scary item of the week, a sharp blade type Eyebrow Shaper :blink:

I think that apart from the Coolfire 4, I'll wait to see what the 75, 100 & 150w iSticks are like when they release more information. Having at least two of each so far (10,20,30 & 50), I have no complaints at all.

Marcus1970

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Wales
I think that apart from the Coolfire 4, I'll wait to see what the 75, 100 & 150w iSticks are like when they release more information. Having at least two of each so far (10,20,30 & 50), I have no complaints at all.

Cool fire 4,a mini Jedi box mod and one of those Kanger mini Sub box's.Are on my agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread