Youde Zephyrus

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehmidcap

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2015
PA
I looked all around for an existing thread on this thing and didn't see one, so here it is!

http://www.yourcig.com/product/godzilla-v2-111.html

This thing looks pretty freaking nice. I'm a big fan of my Subtank Minis, enough that I own 2 of them, but after taking a good look at this thing I wish I would've waited to pick up one of these instead of getting the second Mini. I may still pick one up despite not really NEEDING it.

It essentially looks like a Subtank Mini except for one big difference: The rebuildable head is intended for dual coil builds (4 posts, 4 wick channels, 4 airflow holes)! It also looks like it probably has more airflow... Other than that and the fact the prebuilts come in lower ohms, it looks very similar. Think if the Goblin and the Subtank had a baby.

The only things I don't like about it is the fill method, which is via top cap through two tiny holes, and the fact that it does not appear that you rebuild with liquid in the tank (I could be wrong).

You can buy it here for $24.50:

Zephyrus Sub Ohm Tank By YouDe - $24.50 : 3Avape, Wholesale & Retail

Momato

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2014
Maryland
Love mine my stock coil reads .4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2cc8e2274530d3dbaf962ef851163f8a.jpg

Reactions: sanctus_fumus

sanctus_fumus

Jan 19, 2014
Southern US
First build was 2 twisted coils of 6 wraps 28 gauge around a 2 mm screwdriver. Metered out to ~ 0.49 ohms. Cana DNA30 says it is a 0.3 ohm. As far as wicking goes, look to the Aqua V2 or Billow. I used cellucotton (rayon) and put just a little in the tops of the juice channels. That stops the leaks.

Next build will be a little higher resistance. Right now I'm chewing through batteries and juice. I'll aim for a build around 0.6 ohms.

Reactions: tim_man

sanctus_fumus

Jan 19, 2014
Southern US
Any comparisons of this tank and the subtank mini? How is juice flow to the RBA?
Well, I had the original Subtank (25 mm) and sold it to get the Zephyrus. I don't regret the decision. I seem to get a little more flavor out of the Zephyrus, plus it's much smaller, holds 5 mls, top fills easily.

In fairness, I never used the RBA head on the Subtank, as I heard you have to take a dremel and widen the stock juice holes. No interest in doing that. I want something that just works out of the box.

tehmidcap

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2015
PA
Well, I had the original Subtank (25 mm) and sold it to get the Zephyrus. I don't regret the decision. I seem to get a little more flavor out of the Zephyrus, plus it's much smaller, holds 5 mls, top fills easily.

In fairness, I never used the RBA head on the Subtank, as I heard you have to take a dremel and widen the stock juice holes. No interest in doing that. I want something that just works out of the box.

I think that's just bs perpetuated by those too impatient to learn proper wicking. Granted I use the mini RDA from the plus and mini but I don't think the juice channels changed. I vape high Vg juices in mine, stock, zero problem.

The subtank is great and was my favorite device until I combined a silverplay and kayfun 4 -- this combo might be my new favorite (which I originally got to be a study back up and beater). Stock kf 4 had a tighter draw than I like but the customizability makes it a whole other monster.

sanctus_fumus

Jan 19, 2014
Southern US
Stock kf 4 had a tighter draw than I like but the customizability makes it a whole other monster.

The major flaw in the Kayfun V4 is the base. Not enough juice or airflow, too many pieces that all have to be "just right" for the resistance to be stable and everything tightened down to not cause a serious leak.

I think instead of buying an orchid or Siverplay and making a frakenKayfun, I'll just buy an additional Zephyrus and a Goblin Mini.

The Zephyrus is working like a champ. Saw a video on Youtube from 'DJLsb Vapes' titled "
UD Zephyrus Review and Nickel Build" www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnSkSZw4zgY. The video shows how to wick it.

remyrem

Jan 14, 2015
Okay after one day with it I still need more time but here are my overall pros and cons.

-Pros

-TOP FILL! This is sooo awesome I can’t describe it, no need to turn anything off just take the cap off remove the grommet and fill. I have had no need to close off AFC either, but if you want to be safe you can be close it off but it isn’t necessary.

-Chucks! This is like the Kanger Subtank on roids, duel coil (currently vaping at 50w for a nice warm vape)

-Comes with RBA section, this section is amazing I used it last night with a quick .4 build and wicks super well sooo much air flow

-5ml capacity!

-AIR Flow for days, this has more airflow than a lot of rdas out there.

-Cheap! $35-50 you can get these things for.

-If you don’t feel like building you can just buy new coil heads

-Looks the ....

-Did I mention one of the best top fill methods?

-Cons

- I do think they can make a slight improvement with the grommet and have it where you don’t require one, I can see people either forgetting to put it back on or losing it.

-Wicks well (max vg), I don’t chain vape. I usually take around 2-4 puff for 3-4 seconds pull then relax for a couple minutes.

-The RBA section is not an easy thing to build on, you have to build pretty damn tiny so I would say you need to be an advance builder to build on this thing, plus getting the wick right is essential. I tried to use 24g macro… and you have to get that thing amazingly close to the postholes to even think about squeezing it into the rda section. I switched to 26g Micro standard coil and it fit just fine, and is an amazing vape.

-Drinks juice

-New coil head aren’t out yet, and you only get one to start at .3ohm (please keep in mind about battery safety when using a subohm)

-Taking it apart and putting it back together, this is a bit finicky you kind of have to get the tank just right to screw everything together, however since you can use the top fill method this isn’t a big deal to me.

-Also note when putting on a new coil head/rda section, make sure you screw it all the way down. The first time I started vaping on it, the ohms were jumping all over the place, creating a very inconsistent vape (almost a couple dry hits) but I took out the coil head and screwed them down securely and it stays constant and is an awesome vape now.

Ill post new updates at they come along for those that are interested, but I overall recommend this to more advanced vapors or if you are looking to upgrade from the subtank (ill be trying out the new one once it comes out, I’ll give a report on it too), but it is a great vape, love this tank so much ill probably buy a couple more.

RiceBurner95

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2014
Leeds, AL
This is my favorite tank yet. I thoroughly enjoy being able to run a .6 or .7 coil and fire at 40 watts and not worry about dry hits at all, and get full flavor and tons of vapor. Of course I'm talking about the rba section. It's small, but once you get your build down to a science, it's quick and easy, and very rewarding.

sanctus_fumus

Jan 19, 2014
Southern US
Alright guys, received the Billow V2 in the mail yesterday. It's nice, but seems to be missing about half the airflow of the Zephyrus. The Billow V2 also has a bigger build deck and is easier to wick.

1 Day test
Billow V2 - 2 tankfuls
Zephyrus - 5 tankfuls

Conclusion: Zephyrus gives a better vape and is quicker to fill. Easily becomes a "go to" tank.

Enjoy!

Reactions: gone3uo6

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Had mine couple days now. Stock coil does well but the rebuildable works great. I was using a delta II be for this and see no reason to go back. Airflow is rda-ish It is a little tricky to build and yes tight but once you find that sweet spot it is fabulous. I am running looper in it currently (best fruit loop juice in existence imo) no dry hits flooding or leaking. Those of you going to build for the first time go on youtube and check out the review by THE VAPING CHRONICLES . At about 9 minutes or so in he wicks his and following his technique mine has been awesome. GL all and mvs has these for 28.95.

Reactions: rangerrobin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread