BOTTOM FEEDERS= a place for everything modified and/or custom made

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
drilling through a small #6 screw is difficult, especially when you start trying to go 3/4" deep or more. I used to do it all the time and I hated it each time, it's hit or miss whether you make it all the way through without coming out the side, sometimes I'd drill half way then flip it to avoid coming out the side, but now I use fat daddy pins and no more drilling through small screws, but as far as getting anything there, I think you're going to have to drill it yourself

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
I went into a sewing shop, a few hardware stores, a bike shop and a tattoo shop and didn't find anything useful until I saw a brand new kanger evod from my first days vaping, disasembled and fount this
t3s_coils.jpg

the top part works great for the liquid feeding

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
One thing you could look at the next time you are at the bike shop (especially if they sell other sporting equipment)...take a look at those needles you inflate sports balls with. Slip one in a drill and shape it up the threaded connector with a file while it's spinning...

Reactions: CaptSteve

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
One thing you could look at the next time you are at the bike shop (especially if they sell other sporting equipment)...take a look at those needles you inflate sports balls with. Slip one in a drill and shape it up the threaded connector with a file while it's spinning...
thanks! I've tried that and those seem really thin for the tubes I'm using and I think they will be hard to squonk heavy vg

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Posting Against ECF Supplier TOS

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
Yes the vented screw is by far the best feeder system I've tried. No leaks and the fact that it takes a nut for the positive connection instead of soldering is another great benefit. Also as Ross said the tube stays put too because of the threads. Great all round solution.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
it's working impressively well!, just finished sanding it now I need to give it a finish, I'm thinking of CA glue, I was a bit reluctant at fist as I wanted to go for the oil route but don't want any e-liquid darkening the wood
q5NXTiy.jpg

QcDo8UE.jpg

TRfFJmi.jpg

The grain on that is nice. I can see why you would not want the color to darken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: vapero

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
Hello again, modders. Here is my latest creation to show you. What we have here is a Vamo V8 bottom feeder with my usual charging chip setup..... but this time I decided to make my own atty with proprietary connections. It has discrete inputs for positive, negative and juice flow. Positive goes through a threaded delrin insert similar to how we do our 510's. The atty is actually just a tiny bit lower in profile than a Derringer, and the top cap completely covers the base for a clean look. The air holes are square with the 15 degree taper on the cap, so this completely eliminated the slight "seepage" that can sneak out of those holes. The 3/32" holes come right up to the coils. Works great! :)

If anybody is looking for a dirt chip VW chip, this 40W Vamo version 8 {$15 from FT} is awesome. It has many cool features like a customizable display and "cruise control" for one touch vaping at a pre determined interval. They claim it is 0.3 ohm stable. Have not tried that but this build is 0.6 ohm and at 22.5 watts, my Capella's vanilla custard variants have never tasted better. GOOD STUFF. :thumb: The mod is not 100% done cosmetically but good enough to unveil. Hope you like!
full
full
302398-51a92b5ece41b320033549b3932568d8.jpg
302397-c9d4513c2f5bac1ae5c475630e7e44cd.jpg
302402-289141195e58bf561f45933803318f66.jpg
302394-8bd46c9e175ca20ce155240df772f765.jpg

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
Here are some images of the RDA. I elected to make it a "regular" 22mm diameter. The positive pin is insulated with Delrin threaded to 1/4-28 outside and #6-32 on the inside. Posts are .170" thick and have #4-40 set screws. The juice screw is TIG welded in place, as is the negative post & screw. Quite the PITA to make but happy with it!
full
full
full
full

Reactions: turbocad6

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
Here are some images of the RDA. I elected to make it a "regular" 22mm diameter. The positive pin is insulated with Delrin threaded to 1/4-28 outside and #6-32 on the inside. Posts are .170" thick and have #4-40 set screws. The juice screw is TIG welded in place, as is the negative post & screw. Quite the PITA to make but happy with it!
full
full
full
full

not seeing the pics man, def wanna see these pics but there not showing

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
not seeing the pics man, def wanna see these pics but there not showing
Hmmmmm. I can see them. Do me a favor and go to my profile and look at the photo album for this box mod. All the pics are there. I wonder if anybody else can see them. This new server for ECF is making me mental, as I have to re-size EVERY picture just to post them. 1 Meg maximum image size. :(:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Reactions: Quigsworth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread