Oh Jellyfish...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSquirrel

May 26, 2015
Nashville, TN.
I was getting throat killing hits on 15w on both kanger sub tank heads(.5 & 1.2) and the RBA. I'm talking like I didn't even bother putting juice in the tank or wicking. Thought it may have been just the kanger since it's my first one. Nope, I tried all 3 of my Melo tanks and felt like I was inhaling razor wire. Has any other Jelly owners had this experience?

UncleMike

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2015
Nova Scotia
Just curious how long you've been vaping? Is direct lung inhales something new to you? Only reason I ask is because most vapors start with a system where you pull the vapor into your mouth and then inhale (mouth to lung). Direct lung hits take a bit to get used to. Maybe you could try something like the aspire nautilus tank to see if you still get the severe throat hit? Also it could be one of the flavorings in the liquid you're using that's making the throat hit, strong cinnamon or acidy flavors will do that too. With max vg and 6 or 0 mg of nic the vape should be pretty smooth.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Instead of me writing a long winded possibly confusing response to explain it watch this --->

Yeah was gonna post something to the extent of this.

The Jellyfish is notoriously strange in its method of rounding up/down the wattage according to the resistance. Kind of to its fault, but I've heard people get great results in specific ohm ranges.

Reactions: Ohm Gnome

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I've only had this problem with the Jellyfish. All my other mods vape perfectly. After I tried the different tanks, I put them back on the mods they came from and they all were smooth as can be.

maybe it's using MEAN instead of RMS; If so then just use a lower value wattage; when it says 15 it's probably really 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread