Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Thank you everyone for your input. Definitely has given me some food for thought. I will be doing some research and seeing what we can bring in. I will say that Favotank has peaked my interest, I've seen it reviewed a few times now and seems rather promising. I will try my best to keep everyone's opinions in mind

I've been back and forth with Vivian from YoCan a couple times in the last week or so. The original "Beta" version that they sent out was good for PG heavy juice but did not work at all with heavier VG juices. That was a no-no for a sub-ohm tank.

The good thing, they immediately took the feedback provided, modified the heads with larger juice holes and I now have a couple release versions on hand that I've been using with max VG juices for the last couple days. Both the Ceramic head (0.5ohms) and the OCC heads (0.5 and 0.2ohms) work fine on the release edition of the Favotank with pretty much any juice that I own. Time frame from Beta heads, to modified release edition heads was under a week, using DHL to get the original and updated heads out to testers. That to me was a fantastic turnaround.

The only thing missing now is a rebuildable head, which I've been assured is on the table, and will make an appearance in the next edition. As it stands, this is a great tank for somebody that does not wish to rebuild coils, but yet wish to venture into sub-ohm territory.

TRS1988

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2009
www.heathersheavenlyvapes.com
Dusty, how long are the ceramic heads meant to last?
I've been back and forth with Vivian from YoCan a couple times in the last week or so. The original "Beta" version that they sent out was good for PG heavy juice but did not work at all with heavier VG juices. That was a no-no for a sub-ohm tank.

The good thing, they immediately took the feedback provided, modified the heads with larger juice holes and I now have a couple release versions on hand that I've been using with max VG juices for the last couple days. Both the Ceramic head (0.5ohms) and the OCC heads (0.5 and 0.2ohms) work fine on the release edition of the Favotank with pretty much any juice that I own. Time frame from Beta heads, to modified release edition heads was under a week, using DHL to get the original and updated heads out to testers. That to me was a fantastic turnaround.

The only thing missing now is a rebuildable head, which I've been assured is on the table, and will make an appearance in the next edition. As it stands, this is a great tank for somebody that does not wish to rebuild coils, but yet wish to venture into sub-ohm territory.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Also, looking at more direct to coil airflow RDAs, what does everyone think about the Kennedy RDA? Also perhaps the N22 or the Monster Cloud v2? If anyone owns or has had any encounters with these, please share your impressions.
Ro, can you link us to those? I can tell you all of us here are into flavor chasing. None of us really are into cloud chasing.

TRS1988

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2009
www.heathersheavenlyvapes.com
Reactions: Bronze

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Also, looking at more direct to coil airflow RDAs, what does everyone think about the Kennedy RDA? Also perhaps the N22 or the Monster Cloud v2? If anyone owns or has had any encounters with these, please share your impressions.
I'm not sure about the other two but I've looked at the N22 clone on FT , the airducts are a little too far from the posts for my taste and it shares the one design element of the Magma I don't like , if the wick touches any part of the deck , you'll get leakage out the airducts . As Bronze said most of us are flavor chasers , while I do subohm and multiple coils it's still about the flavor for me .

Reactions: Bronze

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Kennedy RDA | Flawless Vape Shop

Authentic N22 RDA By Sector One Vapor - Puff Puff Vape

Monster Cloud V2 RDA Clone - $22.95 - Vape95.com

Just found the links that had the better views of the device.

I'm also more flavor inclined than just sheer vapor production. A big cloud means nothing to me if the flavor isnt there.
That Kennedy looks interesting for those who like lots of airflow. They say it is a deep well but it doesn't look like it. And it looks like it might still leak easily as the airholes are too close to the edge (as opposed to being located in the center of the chamber up high like in a Veritas or Achilles). Tilting seems like it would produce seepage out the airway. Looks like a takeoff on the Plume Veil (which is a leaker). Gotta run. I'll look at the other two later.

Reactions: retic1959

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Artwork_zps752juox1.jpg

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I'm spot on Pop! It is a sickness! :)

But I know you're having fun with them. There are far worse things you can get into. Enjoy it!

The other day I got to thinking about this ; When I quit smoking, I was going through 12 packs a week (a carton + 2 packs). My Reos collection is about 1/3 of what I would have spent to tobacco if I had not found Vaping.
And I usually don't even think about the monetary value of Vaping....

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
@PapawBrett beaitiful! AND your wife really loves you! The bedroom suite better be on the list for next big thing you purchase ;)

You have to understand Mamaw speech. A new bedroom suite means "That nasty old carpet..", hello laminate flooring. Then she will decide to paint AFTER the flooring and new furniture are in place (well, she has to see how it looks first). But she will be generous, and buy new draperies at Wal Mart (that probably won't match) and tell me to put them up.

After 30 years, I have some idea who my wife is.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Got to play with BK's IPV4 a little bit today . I pulled a Rose off the Stingray X and popped it on , .7 ohm build at 40 watts . The flavor was intense but the throat hit with 24mg nic is a killer , then to get really stupid for S&G we tried his 36mg PB at 40 watts , hits like a canister of tear gas , won't do that again . :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Got to play with BK's IPV4 a little bit today . I pulled a Rose off the Stingray X and popped it on , .7 ohm build at 40 watts . The flavor was intense but the throat hit with 24mg nic is a killer , then to get really stupid for S&G we tried his 36mg PB at 40 watts , hits like a canister of tear gas , won't do that again . :)
I got some Vape Royalty email today introducing the IPV4. I like the looks of that thing. Kind of business-like.

Reactions: retic1959

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I got some Vape Royalty email today introducing the IPV4. I like the looks of that thing. Kind of business-like.
It's comfortable in the hand , but it was really top heavy with the Rose on it , it would be the same story with a KFL on it . It's very lightly constructed out of thin aluminum , wouldn't ever want to drop it , and you'd definitely wanna lay it on it's side with an RTA on top of it , also the screen is impossible to read in sunlight . But it definitely packs a punch and it does look good .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread