gave up vaping a year ago because of allergies - is it worth another try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aburgUK

Apr 5, 2014
Somerset UK
Hi All,

About a year ago I finally had to conceed defeat and give up vaping because of bad allegic reactions. Amongst my symptoms where:
  • hives on my arms
  • dizziness
  • nausea
  • feeling like my throat was closing (probably a panic attack?)
  • positive blood test that showed a moderate allergic reaction but not what caused it
  • itchiness etc
I tried everything I could including:

• 100% VG no nic
  • 100% PG no nic
  • 50/50
  • PEG
  • many combinations of different ingedients
but I seemed to have reactions to all of them (including cigarettes eventually) so had to give up vaping and smoking as my reactions would take 3+ weeks to subside.

Anyway I still miss vaping and wonder if it's worth trying again although the idea makes me nervous. I just wondered if anyone else has been through anything like this?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Hi All,

About a year ago I finally had to conceed defeat and give up vaping because of bad allegic reactions. Amongst my symptoms where:
  • hives on my arms
  • dizziness
  • nausea
  • feeling like my throat was closing (probably a panic attack?)
  • positive blood test that showed a moderate allergic reaction but not what caused it
  • itchiness etc
I tried everything I could including:

• 100% VG no nic
  • 100% PG no nic
  • 50/50
  • PEG
  • many combinations of different ingedients
but I seemed to have reactions to all of them (including cigarettes eventually) so had to give up vaping and smoking as my reactions would take 3+ weeks to subside.

Anyway I still miss vaping and wonder if it's worth trying again although the idea makes me nervous. I just wondered if anyone else has been through anything like this?

Using guess-work to try again would probably not supply you with the answers you need. If you are truly invested in continuing to vape, and straight PG and straight VG with no nic caused problems, then you are probably not a candidate.

Since it's been a year and you've been off both cigs and vape, you probably don't have a nicotine dependency. You might try and see if its just nicotine you miss......you could do that by buying some low nic lozenges, see if you like the effect?

I have no other solutions......

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Do you know what, thanks for the advice, you are right and hearing it from people in this community was really helpful. Anyway it does prove that e-cigs CAN help you quit :) Best wishes to you all!

I think that's the right choice! Particularly since your allergy symptoms were pretty serious.

IMHO, really not worth it to push that envelope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread